You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bear__Necessities

Sensible CV change incoming

125 comments in this topic

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
6,140 posts
6,610 battles
17 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

CV change incoming.png

Definetly a step in the right direction.

• Cool 2

[-RT-]
Players
727 posts
16,956 battles

45 seconds on T10 is way too long concidering this braindead playerbase where you have tons of sub 10 min games. If they really wanna go for this prep penalty I expect some alpha dmg buffs in return since that's for T10 ~10-15% avg dmg nerf. @MrConway @Crysantos

• Cool 5
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 12

[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts

For me this will change....nothing ?

I usually do not take off right away anyway, probably will not notice much of this at all.....15-30  seconds...that will not spare any DD or any other ship. Might decrease the total damage of CV players that really use every minute to stack it to extremes. Sounds like an ordinary maximum dmg limting mechanic to me......

And what enemies are up to is even more obvious when you see them when they have dispersed their start formations.....

In RTS we had a small CD on takeoff....makes you wonder why the devs didnt'want it in right away.....they were of the opinion nothing should block high paced action......seem they have changed their minds ? Does that mean they are open to the return of air supremacy fighters now too ?

• Cool 3

Players
4,045 posts
14,528 battles
2 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

This will change....nothing ?

I usually do not take off right away anyway, probably will not notice this at all.....30-45  seconds...that will not spare any DD or any other ship. .

And what enemies are up to is even more obvious when you see them when they have dispersed their start formations.....

In RTS we had a small CD on takeoff....makes you wonder why the devs didnt'want it in right away.....they were of the opinion nothing should block high paced action......seem they have changed their minds ? Does that mean they are open to the return of air supremacy fighters now too ?

Yes I'm sure you're right and you know WAY more than the developers. I mean with your MASSIVE in game knowledge... like not knowing that Ognovoi is a gun boat with AA... and how the exp system works.  I'm sure they'll jump at the chance to listen to you...

• Cool 5
  • Funny 7

[-RT-]
Players
727 posts
16,956 battles
7 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

This will change....nothing ?

I usually do not take off right away anyway, probably will not notice this at all.....30-45  seconds...that will not spare any DD or any other ship. .

Yea looking at your CV stats I believe you that you don't do anything the first minute of the game. You are pretty bad, pls learn to play the class (and game in general) before even thinking about giving your opinion on anything again. After 45-60 seconds you normally lauch your second squadron already in random battles on T10!

• Cool 4
  • Funny 6

[BHSFL]
Players
4,596 posts
5 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Yes I'm sure you're right and you know WAY more than the developers. I mean with your MASSIVE in game knowledge... like not knowing that Ognovoi is a gun boat with AA... and how the exp system works.  I'm sure they'll jump at the chance to listen to you...

No one has to listen to me...just speaking my opinion about it : does not impress me. The "hotfixes" that slapped on multiple had nerfs.....that was terrible.

2 minutes ago, Maaseru said:

Yea looking at your CV stats I believe you that you don't do anything the first minute of the game. You are pretty bad, pls learn to play the class (and game in general) before even thinking about giving your opinion on anything again. After 45-60 seconds you normally lauch your second squadron already in random battles on T10!

Well this will hurt you but not me then.....that is pretty ok by me  :Smile-_tongue:

And i will give my opinion always and there is nothing you can do about it :Smile-_tongue::Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
4,045 posts
14,528 battles
8 minutes ago, Maaseru said:

Ohhh @Maaseru, you're in for a treat with this one. Just ask @El2aZeR.

On a serious note, would it really warrant a DMG buff? Surely that would in a roundabout way make the change pointless? As I see it, yes, you'd be delayed in T10 by 45 secs. But a DMG buff would mean you'd just cancel out the time delay? What would you suggest? As you are peak CV performance? For me in a DD it would give me about a minute to at least attempt a position with maybe cruiser support near a cap. 

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
15,208 posts
21,907 battles

More time for DDs to be out of position before I kill them, saving me plane reserves.

I like it. :Smile_trollface:

Honestly though considering the size of high tier maps 45 seconds does strike me as a bit too high. 30 seconds would be more than sufficient I believe considering this would roughly be in line with RTS CVs.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 4

[-RT-]
Players
727 posts
16,956 battles
10 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Ohhh @Maaseru, you're in for a treat with this one. Just ask @El2aZeR.

On a serious note, would it really warrant a DMG buff? Surely that would in a roundabout way make the change pointless? As I see it, yes, you'd be delayed in T10 by 45 secs. But a DMG buff would mean you'd just cancel out the time delay? What would you suggest? As you are peak CV performance?

The problem is if the games would on avg last long enough, a 30 second prep time is maybe okay or at least most ppl wouldn't mind it that much but these days most of the games end in 8-12 minuten. You can't have CVs then sit around for ~10% of the gametime doing nothing becides watching your BBs next to you reverse in spawn. As i said, depending on the matchup for Midway for example it is an 10-15% dmg nerf concidering the positions ships will have for your first and second squadron. The most important resource for reworked CVs imo is time, not planes. The better you manage your downtime between strikes the more impact etc you will have.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Players
4,045 posts
14,528 battles
Just now, El2aZeR said:

More time for DDs to be out of position before I kill them, saving me plane reserves.

I like it. :Smile_trollface:

Ohhh you cheeky scamp

Just now, El2aZeR said:

Honestly though considering the size of high tier maps 45 seconds does strike me as a bit too high. 30 seconds would be more than sufficient I believe considering this would roughly be in line with RTS CVs.

From the sound of what Sub_Oct said, it's not quite finalised. Not been tested on PTS for instance. I do fell that it's a least a step forwards. But I think only mass game testing will show. It should at Least stop insta blapps on DD's... should... 

Players
4,045 posts
14,528 battles
Just now, Maaseru said:

The problem is if the games would on avg last long enough, a 30 second prep time is maybe okay or at least most ppl wouldn't mind it that much but these days most of the games end in 8-12 minuten. You can't have CVs then sit around for ~10% of the gametime doing nothing becides watching your BBs next to you reverse in spawn. As i said, depending on the matchup for Midway for example it is an 10-15% dmg nerf concidering the positiong ships will have for your first and second drop. The most important resource for reworked CVs imo is time, not planes. The better you manage your downtime between strikes the more impact etc you will have.

I see you're point. I don't have any real T10 CV's experience and even all my rework game added together only equal about 150? And it takes on average a few 100, even up to near 1000 games to even get the basics down to a fine art (for most players). I also admit that while DD's have to wait on torps, they at least have guns ready to start, not that in theory they would be close enough to fire in 45 secs. 

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
15,208 posts
21,907 battles
2 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

It should at Least stop insta blapps on DD's... should... 

Nah, if anything I expect the amount of DDs blapped to increase heavily. Because literally the only thing DDs can do in those initial few seconds is to run out of position. There is no time to take caps, stray from the main blob or do anything meaningful. It's just a reversion to the RTS status quo which certainly hasn't prevented DDs from getting killed in the opening minutes.

• Cool 6

Players
4,045 posts
14,528 battles
5 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Nah, if anything I expect the amount of DDs blapped to increase heavily. Because literally the only thing DDs can do in those initial few seconds is to run out of position. There is no time to take caps, stray from the main blob or do anything meaningful. It's just a reversion to the RTS status quo which certainly hasn't prevented DDs from getting killed in the opening minutes.

Ohhh goody...

C573110F-7C63-461E-B421-FF9C72ED9353.gif

Players
573 posts
Vor 54 Minuten, Maaseru sagte:

45 seconds on T10 is way too long concidering this braindead playerbase where you have tons of sub 10 min games. If they really wanna go for this prep penalty I expect some alpha dmg buffs in return since that's for T10 ~10-15% avg dmg nerf. @MrConway @Crysantos

As CVs clearly do 15% of their damage within a 45 second bracket early-ish in the game. You are - at least vaguely - aware that people can just compare T10 CV damage post-patch with current numbers and there is no [edited] chance in hell there will be a 10 or 15% 'dmg nerf'?

Talk about braindead...

• Bad 1

[CROTZ]
Beta Tester
1,196 posts
9,750 battles

Match making and game start time + 1 Minute

Plane liftoff + 1 Minute ( if no April joke )

= 2 Minutes

Good time to get a coffee.

If they add another minute then CV players can make a coffee in the time.

If they make it a total of 5 minutes game inactivity there will be time to hoover the room or clean the windows meanwhile.

On T10 the amount of AFK idlers will start to come back a bit, like with the old CV RTS system.

The thinking of some players will be "I`ll just do a chore, can't do anything at the beginning of the match anyway".

So more inactive CV bricks on the map again :D

[-RT-]
Players
727 posts
16,956 battles
55 minutes ago, thisismalacoda said:

As CVs clearly do 15% of their damage within a 45 second bracket early-ish in the game. You are - at least vaguely - aware that people can just compare T10 CV damage post-patch with current numbers and there is no [edited] chance in hell there will be a 10 or 15% 'dmg nerf'?

Talk about braindead...

Why do potatoes always try to argue when they have no clue? Pls I wanna finally understand it...

As I said, depending on map and rng in the 1-2 drops during the first 45-60 seconds you get 15-30k on avg (atleast on Midway) out of it and that is around 10-15% of my avg dmg. You also have to concider when your first strike arrives after prep time, the ships also have moved up, ergo you already face more clustered ships for your first and second squad which you don't do atm and that lowers their dmg potential already becides the time penalty from the start, so yes it is infact a 10-15% dmg nerf for CVs depending ofc on which CV you look at since they use different openers.

• Cool 2

[WGP2W]
[WGP2W]
Players
420 posts
20,098 battles
37 minutes ago, Maaseru said:

Why do potatoes always try to argue when they have no clue? Pls I wanna finally understand it...

As I said, depending on map and rng in the 1-2 drops during the first 45-60 seconds you get 15-30k on avg (atleast on Midway) out of it and that is around 10-15% of my avg dmg. You also have to concider when your first strike arrives after prep time, the ships also have moved up, ergo you already face more clustered ships for your first and second squad which you don't do atm and that lowers their dmg potential already becides the time penalty from the start, so yes it is infact a 10-15% dmg nerf for CVs depending ofc on which CV you look at since they use different openers.

I totally understand doing nothing for the first minute of the game sucks. But most ships do nothing for the first minute except sailing to some place they hope it will help them to do something. sometimes even for 5 minutes...

So because you know all the exploits they implemented all others are potatos? Even all this guy writes sounds pretty bad. so just make youtube videos with your RT friend how to exploit the rework to get other players up to 200k average in cvs. i think you would catch a lot of viewers. like farra in the old days.

Further clustered ships are totally fine especially looking at those ugly bb spawns at some maps. And because you have a good time farming 200k even from full aa specced unicums others have to suffer? 

By the way those short games are a result of cvs speeding the roflstomp up as spotting only helps good players.

dont get me wrong i really respect you for becoming the best cv rework player but you have to accept that a lot of people really suffer from the rework. 

honestly do you think cvs are fine and balanced as they are right now and further do you think they make the game better for all players? or just make suggestions how to make the rework great again and bring back the fun to all players involved. because for me it is not a ltp issue like with the old cvs.

Players
1,678 posts
13,831 battles

45 seconds are only one and a half BB reload cycle. Considering the plane speed at T10, it should not be that much of a handicap, should it? Then again, in reality it will probably just turn out as El2aZeR said: Midways will intercept DDs in or near the cap, far away from any sign of AA support.

[CROTZ]
Beta Tester
1,196 posts
9,750 battles

Good CV players make 10K a minute, so its 10K less.

The positive thing is that the idle time is good to get coffee :)

I would prefer that T10 CV`s enter a match 1 minute later, if wait time is enforced on to CV players.

If one does not hear from a CV player in the first game minute, then its the coffee, washing machine or other chores :D

Players
853 posts
907 battles
3 hours ago, Bear_Necessities said:

CV change incoming.png

Just another example of why the CV rework is, imho, a FARCE and a blatant failure. I did try these CV jokes in testing (which was quite enough even then).

Time to return to RTS CV play.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 1

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
8,249 posts

This "measure" is something like speed cameras on highways, they dont earn much money for the state, they dont stop speeding or resulting accidents, they are there simply to piss people off...

Its not only damage nerf (less time to do damage) its also plane capacity (less time to respawn a lost plane) nerf, well Fly, Strike, Win event is nearing the end, WG cashed in on the prem CVs and its time for the next wave of nerfing...

That will do wonders to recover CV player population in the long run (slow clapping)

Players
1,093 posts
18,541 battles

I was expecting this and though i mainly play CV atm this change is necessary.

BUT

1. will WG provide a minigame befor i can actively play?

2. will WG make CV players immune for AFK reports?