Cattro

XVM... for WoWs?

• You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

683 posts in this topic

So, have been wondering about XVM for WoWs. I understand it's possible and would incorporate statistics with customization etc. But my real question is; how do people feel about XVM? Does it hinder play as people quickly give up, based on a 40% chance to win, or is it necessary information to you?

16 people like this

I've only ever seen bad players give up because of it, so it's not as big a problem as people think.

15 people like this

I'd agree. I'd never give up on the basis of a statistic - but it's true that some do unfortunately.

3 people like this

Oh please, No XVM for WoWs I feel it ruined it for WoT and it would be like a cancer for Warships too. This is coming from a person who has above average stats (1700 Wn8 and 52 % for WoT), I still feel it ruins the game by making people prejudice about other stats and worrying about whether they have a "good winrate or not"

Edited by The_Kreigsmarine

23 people like this

Don't really have any experience with it (never cared much for WoT), but I don't really can see why people have such a problem with it. It's no different from say, a professional gamer or athlete studying his/her opponents before they face off in order to formulate a strategy. From what I understand, XVM simply provides a much more simplistic version that let's you apply the same kind of reasoning to a random match. I'm under the impression that a lot of people place far to much emphasis on what it tells them, but blaming the mod for that seems as silly to me as blaming a knife for a stabbing. Raging or whining <insert word of choice> are going to be the same regardless.

5 people like this

The only thing that can be said about XVM without saying something that gets you banned... Its garbage, 20% chance to win,,,, other team sucks and you win 15-2.  75% chance to win, your team sucks so much you loose 0-15.   Its feels like RNG that has RNG on top of its RNG.

2 people like this

Don't really have any experience with it (never cared much for WoT), but I don't really can see why people have such a problem with it. It's no different from say, a professional gamer or athlete studying his/her opponents before they face off in order to formulate a strategy. From what I understand, XVM simply provides a much more simplistic version that let's you apply the same kind of reasoning to a random match. I'm under the impression that a lot of people place far to much emphasis on what it tells them, but blaming the mod for that seems as silly to me as blaming a knife for a stabbing. Raging or whining <insert word of choice> are going to be the same regardless.

Don't know how much you played WoT, or how recent it was, if ever but play a few thousand games there now and then revisit the idea of porting that to WoWs. ;-) Or brows the forums there for a few weeks, and see how it affects the general mood there.

Raging will be here/there no matter what, but people stat-pad and warpack their way up to a different colour as well and then call people noobs. There are people who deserver, truly, to be on top but those who do have no interest or need to belittle others on their lack of skill.

Edited by krautjaeger

3 people like this

How i feel about xvm: :(

XVM is broken as it discriminates players by how good/bad they are.

Good players get zero'd, simply to ruin this particular guy's game. 

It is not XVM that discriminates.

The people that take the stats, from XVM, a bit to serious, are the ones who discriminate other players with low/not so good stats.

:honoring:

6 people like this

i think xvm should be fully banned from all wg games, its ruined tanks completely, warplanes it did not work in any way, and if its on warships it will just ruin the game play and like in tanks you will just get total jack [edited]'es playing 4 stats and there over grown ego's  and not the team, 

keep the stats / service record to a min, we don't need to no the finest of details of what we have done or other players,  

10 people like this

i think xvm should be fully banned from all wg games, its ruined tanks completely, warplanes it did not work in any way, and if its on warships it will just ruin the game play and like in tanks you will just get total jack [edited]'es playing 4 stats and there over grown ego's  and not the team, 

keep the stats / service record to a min, we don't need to no the finest of details of what we have done or other players,  

Hmmm, and the stats that Wargaming shows in player profiles? :hiding:

To have a look at how the WoWs community would look like with XVM one only needs to start the same topic on WoT forums and see how it turns out. Right off the bat anyone opposed is neg-repped to death, which shows how silly it is. Then the verbal abuse ensues, about people with no skill would clearly be opposed to XVM and so on and so forth, ad nauseum.

Hmmm, and the stats that Wargaming shows in player profiles? :hiding:

Is of no use until after the battle, unless they got OCD and need to alt-tab to check everyone out. ;-)

Edited by krautjaeger

2 people like this

Mixed feelings regarding XVM: it does cause a ton of rage, and insults and people complain incessently about it.

However the reason I installed it on WoT was simply becauss I had one great game where a guy said "follow me" and I thought why not. What followed was beautiful - pincer movements, covering fire, proper wolf pack tactics. Looked up his stats afterwards - blue rated player (good)

So next game when someone said "follow me" I did again. Only to have him ram me repeatedly, shoot me twice, then call me a noob for "taking his spot". Look up stats afterwards - deep red (very bad).

So for ships on the one hand it might cause rage, but on the other it'll show me which DD captains I want to hunt with, and which I want to ensure are as far away from me as possible.

4 people like this

i'm fine with the statistic's provided by WarGaming. No need for XVM.

7 people like this

what wg gives u in service records / profiles is ok,  im talking about xvm and other that uses that and add there own crap on to make up xvm and other such stat mods 

NO XVM OR SIMILAR STAT MODS TO BE ALLOWED ON ANY WG PLATFORM, BAN THEM ALL, 

Edited by Terroriser_666

4 people like this

The trouble with XVM win chance is a lot of people treat it as a prophecy not a prediction.

And the vast majority of people I have seen raging at their team are not running XVM. Sure some people use it to belittle others but they will do that anyway (witness the chat in some games on here). Failure to use information correctly is not the information's fault but rather a user problem.

1 person likes this

I believe I said this already on another post concerning stat based things that drifted towards XVM. I and no one else in my team would want me to have XVM. I have this really bad habit of getting frustrated when I see players not contributing towards teams victory already, and having an XVM makes me much much more annoying person to have in a team than I already am at the last minutes of the game. Granted I do not insult players but I try to advice them which can also be taken personally and many do. With XVM I would probably convert to my bad habit of commenting my team before the match has even started.

In short, this mod brings out the worst in me and I honestly do not want that.

Edited by Flaz3

6 people like this

I believe I said this already on another post concerning stat based things that drifted towards XVM. I and no one else in my team would want me to have XVM. I have this really bad habit of getting frustrated when I see players not contributing towards teams victory already, and having an XVM makes me much much more annoying person to have in a team than I already am at the last minutes of the game. Granted I do not insult players but I try to advice them which can also be taken personally and many do. With XVM I would probably convert to my bad habit of commenting my team before the match has even started.

In short, this mod brings out the worst in me and I honestly do not want that.

1+ for being honest about it. :-) Good luck with keeping it buttoned up, and wish you have good games!

1 person likes this

At this stage of game xvm is pointless because stats are irrelevand - some ppl don`t care about stats at all, some are taking them too seriously and playing Cleveland all day long, stats are influenced by not balanced ships, ppl are having disconnects and crashes for no reason... 

Before we start talking about xvm let`s wait untill game starts being more balanced and working better without bugs? :P

Edited by KptStrzyga

1 person likes this

Tbh, i dont really mind if XVM will come or not. Only thing important for me, where my own "statistics", because thats what it is for. Of course i often thought "oh well, bunch of new players or on the higher tiers bots or "learning resistent" ppl but that was never a reason to insult. If someone did mistakes that made me hit the table, i raged on TS about them, Red player or super unicum, didn´t matter, because everyone makes mistakes. Praise for good playing or at least trying hard, trying to calm the minds, was what i wrote mostly in chat, yes i too raged, totally normal, everyone does :izmena:.

Even without statistics, it is the "remembering" good and bad players, not by statistics, but by actions is what players should do, because even the worst player can become somewhat good, or maybe has a good teamplay ability but misses the sklls to hit / kill efficiently. The problem there is the mentality of the players. People tend to flame others as it was their sake of life and others ignore when beeing flamed first and then giving tipps and stuff.  

So in my eyes, everyone that pretends to much on XVM and looks mostly at the others, has gotten this kind of statistic wrong.

But, i think, if they would make it, so that you can only have your own statistics displayed in game, it would get a lot calmer.