You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Beastofwar

AA Cruiser Udaloi ( oh wait.... it is a DD ! )

59 comments in this topic

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,530 battles

While there is a topic started every day to complain how defenceless DD are to CV, yet there seem to be DD that have AA Cruiser up to even CV AA power ( look at the screen, it is on par with the CV's in killing aircraft )

I was attacking an Udaloi when suddenly my whole squadron exploded.....instant.....strange unless there is some hidden AA cruisers shooting at me simultaneaously but there weren't any. Another lauch, trying it again, same results. Sooo...i left that one be and changed to other targets. I always do that when a ship turns out to be quite the "Stachelschwein" no problem at all.....but curious it is.

Then the other CV player made a remark in chat he lost a squadron to a DD. And yes, the same Udaloi.....

So what is going on ? Not crying nerf here, that is really not my point. Just trying to under stand why this ship is different ( heavier or more Dual Purpose main guns ?  ) or if he invested deeply into AA skill that doing funny stuff to his ships hardware. 

If the latter is the case, all the complaining DD could just be taking the "wrong" skill for survival, still stuck in ancient times builds where CV were not their prime enemy. Then it would be more understandable why WG thinks the game is fine, as players just don't want to use the abilities they have been given, but ignore. Or is this some known bug ? Could  such a bug kill squadrons consistently ?

WG22.jpg

• Funny 1
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 1

[BLITZ]
Players
2,837 posts
11,153 battles

Wait waaaat... the ship before Grozovoi has great AA?!? :fish_nerv:

• Funny 4

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,530 battles
8 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

Udaloi and Grozovoi both have good AA, mate. Choose your targets more wisely.

Were are talking instant squadron deletion here, and obviously consistent as it killed at least 3 squadrons of CV's instant......only concentrated overlapping AA zones from multiple AA cruisers/high tier BB can do that....usually.....

If you say this is normal, then DD have no reason to complain about CV ever again.....but how can such a small ship have more AA power then 300 meter long ships covered with various AA guns, including Dual Purpose main gun size ones and even heavier....

• Boring 1

Beta Tester
1,971 posts
12,852 battles
6 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Were are talking instant squadron deletion here, and obviously consisten as it killed at least 3 squadrons instant......only concentrated overlapping AA zones from multiple AA cruisers/high tier BB can do that....usually.....

Yup.

If the player has specced, as you would put it, for "deep AA" it will do that to your planes. Not all DDs are defenseless fodder.

In fact, most DDs can do that to your planes if specced correctly so you would probably be better to avoid attacking DDs at all. :Smile_trollface:

Similarly, knowing that CV players will avoid them like the plague, most Des Moines, Worcesters and Minotaurs don't even spec for AA at all so you are free to attack them at your leisure. (But Shhhh, let this be our little secret :Smile_hiding:)

• Funny 4

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,530 battles
9 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

Yup.

If the player has specced, as you would put it, for "deep AA" it will do that to your planes. Not all DDs are defenseless fodder.

In fact, most DDs can do that to your planes if specced correctly so you would probably be better to avoid attacking DDs at all. :Smile_trollface:

Similarly, knowing that CV players will avoid them like the plague, most Des Moines, Worcesters and Minotaurs don't even spec for AA at all so you are free to attack them at your leisure. (But Shhhh, let this be our little secret :Smile_hiding:)

So this means that long winded "Impossible to play DD after CV rework" topic is based on putting captain skil points and modules in the wrong abilities if CV seems to be your problem....

I mean everyone has to choose abilities......you can't have air attack survivability AND have a super stealthy ninja DD tailored build.....choices, choices....

[BLITZ]
Players
2,837 posts
11,153 battles
12 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

If you say this is normal, then DD have no reason to complain about CV ever again

DD =/= DD

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
1,971 posts
12,852 battles
1 minute ago, Beastofwar said:

So this means that long winded "Add DD counter to CV" topic is based on putting captain skil points and modules in the wrong abilities if CV seems to be your problem....

I mean everyone has to choose abilities......you can't have air attack survivability AND have a stealthy ninja DD tailored for shadowy dealing death.....

Sure, why not?

After all, these are interesting times we live in.

Players
10,033 posts
11,833 battles
9 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

So this means that long winded "Impossible to play DD after CV rework" topic is based on putting captain skil points and modules in the wrong abilities if CV seems to be your problem....

I mean everyone has to choose abilities......you can't have air attack survivability AND have a super stealthy ninja DD tailored build.....choices, choices....

Come again?

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/captains-skills/?skills=1,12,20,23,25,27,28&ship=Destroyer

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,530 battles
12 minutes ago, Skurfa said:

Tier VIII vs. tier X? Could also be part of the answer.

Is that something abnormal in your book ? Almost all tier VIII Cv matches are ( mixed ) Tier IX-X.

7 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Well maybe that will work but it is missing AFT.  I am sure it was his long/medium range FLAK damage that did described  instant squadron deletions. I'm almost sure that is the work of enhanced dual purpose main guns at work.....and increased damage (radius) FLAK clouds ......not some small caliber stuff.

So i gues if you have dual purpose main guns - heavy long range AA guns that is - you do well to enhance the specific damage these do......

Players
2,844 posts
14,993 battles
25 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

If you say this is normal, then DD have no reason to complain about CV ever again.....

Yes, all DDs are exactly the same.

• Cool 1

Players
10,033 posts
11,833 battles
6 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Is that something abnormal in your book ? Almost all tier VIII Cv matches are ( mixed ) Tier IX-X.

Well maybe that will work but it is missing AFT.  I am sure it was his long/medium range FLAK damage that did described  instant squadron deletions. I'm almost sure that is the work of enhanced dual purpose main guns at work.....and increased damage (radius) FLAK clouds ......not some small caliber stuff.

So i gues if you have dual purpose main guns - heavy long range AA guns that is - you do well to enhance the specific damage these do......

DD flak deals as much damage as cruiser/BB. And then DD DFAA triples it, not doubles. As much as AFT is handy for Russians, AA benefits are last priority for that skill

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,530 battles
8 minutes ago, Culiacan_Mexico said:

Yes, all DDs are exactly the same.

I think i saw dual purpose guns mentioned as being a very important introduction to ships at high tiers only......mid-late war development it is probably based on aswell.

Without dual purpose firing main guns  DD only have some light AA.

Players
10,033 posts
11,833 battles
7 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

I think i saw dual purpose guns mentioned as being a very important introduction to ships at high tiers only......mid-late war development it is probably based on aswell.

Without dual purpose firing main guns  DD only have some light AA.

Now compare IJN DP gun to American. Totally the same boomstikk

Then there is case of aiming, after all, gun is only as good as its actual accuracy. Though proximity fuses help

Players
3,375 posts
14,102 battles

So another thread started due to another gap of knowledge which is easily found out in game without needing to play the ship... this is just the Khaba thread alllll over again. Learn the ships and strengths and weakness’ before starting pointless threads. 

Go go to the tech tree. And look up what the ships can do be and what they strengthend by. Sweet cheeses, do you need spoon feed game info?

• Cool 4

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,530 battles
3 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

So another thread started due to another gap of knowledge which is easily found out in game without needing to play the ship... this is just the Khaba thread alllll over again. Learn the ships and strengths and weakness’ before starting pointless threads. 

Go go to the tech tree. And look up what the ships can do be and what they strengthend by. Sweet cheeses, do you need spoon feed game info?

Tell that to the players posting countless topics on DD being helpless or nerf/remove  CV will ya ?

• Bad 3

Players
10,033 posts
11,833 battles
Just now, Beastofwar said:

Tell that to the players posting countless topics on DD being helpless or nerf/remove  CV will ya ?

Tell that to WG to add actual tutorial and ship descriptions instead "it haz guns, it pew pew"

• Funny 2

Players
3,375 posts
14,102 battles
5 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

What’s the relevance of this comment to your original? 

Yugumo is completely different to Ognovoi. The fact you still haven't learnt that and yet preach “facts” on the forum is frankly worrying.

• Cool 2

Players
2,844 posts
14,993 battles
8 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

For example: if a DD player wants to rely on AA guns to protect him... some DDs are deficient.

Kamikaze R

AA Defense
7.7 mm/80 Type922 х 1 pcs.
. . . Average Damage per Second 3.2 
. . . Firing Range 0.99 km

[LEEUW]
Players
2,339 posts
10,110 battles
38 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

LIke a CV has to choose between anti-DD or anti-BB............... oh wait. :Smile_teethhappy:

If this guy specced for AA he didnt do himself a service since your missing out on a lot of damage potential. Sure, this game he wrecked some planes but in the future with the single carrier T9/10 games it is gonna be useless. And as you can see here: Even with this amount of AA kills he is mid table on the xp score.

@Beastofwar if you think that an AA-specced Udaloi is the prelude of all dd's being invulnerable against double carriers, let me tell you: it is not. 

All the "whiners" who create threads about DDs being incapable of doing anything useful in a match with 4 carriers have a point. Just look at the amount of hightier DDs in an average match. If there are two you are lucky. That is a big sign that something is wrong. 

Players
3,375 posts
14,102 battles
29 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

LIke a CV has to choose between anti-DD or anti-BB............... oh wait. :Smile_teethhappy:

If this guy specced for AA he didnt do himself a service since your missing out on a lot of damage potential. Sure, this game he wrecked some planes but in the future with the single carrier T9/10 games it is gonna be useless. And as you can see here: Even with this amount of AA kills he is mid table on the xp score.

@Beastofwar if you think that an AA-specced Udaloi is the prelude of all dd's being invulnerable against double carriers, let me tell you: it is not. 

All the "whiners" who create threads about DDs being incapable of doing anything useful in a match with 4 carriers have a point. Just look at the amount of hightier DDs in an average match. If there are two you are lucky. That is a big sign that something is wrong. 

Hell, even the game he’s shown is an example. Bar that Udaloi, on his team alone the three bottom places are all DD’s with none existent AA in a 2 CV game. And the red DD’s didn’t really fair much better.

This entire thread is another paradox of wtf... “AA on DD’s is to strong! He crap down some planes!!” 

Yet... the DD’s in his own game came bottom and suffered with almost no planes shot down between them...

Yeah... 

• Cool 5

[LEEUW]
Players
2,339 posts
10,110 battles
1 minute ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Hell, even the game he’s shown is an example. Bar that Udaloi, on his team alone the three bottom places are all DD’s with none existent AA in a 2 CV game. And the red DD’s didn’t really fair much better.

This entire thread is another paradox of wtf... “AA on DD’s is to strong! He crap down some planes!!” 

Yet... the DD’s in his own game came bottom and suffered with almost no planes crap down between them...

Yeah... 

Not to mention that this example isnt really a rare occurence: Last three survivors are the carriers. yeah.....

• Cool 4

[WONLY]
Players
427 posts
44 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

You want to know why CVs need to be nerfed?

Just look at your performance in different ship classes. 

You have clearly no understanding of the mechanics of the game, yet you can perform like an average dude in your CVs. CV Gameplay is dumb, too easy and annoying for every non-CV player. And yet you are complaining about DD AA although you weren't even able to play DDs before this rework. 

So can you please stop this nonsense?

1.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Funny 7