Server restart - 20/06/2019 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Armada: HMS Duke of York

13 comments in this topic

Players
26 posts
7,720 battles

IMO KGV is better overall than DOY, i feel like if DOY had the same reload as KGV it would be a worthwhile premium. 

• Cool 2

Players
4 posts
6,953 battles

Hi, could you add some kind of view in which we can view those magnificent unique flags in full splendor?  They are splendid but to small.  Tomislav

Players
9 posts

When are you going to fix this ship ?? I paid for mine ! Slower reload than KGV (really - did the newer sister come with rusty gun barrels from the factory). Worse turning and 1 less heal (incompetent crew apparently).

Duke of York should be like KGV except slightly better with respect to tech level. And she had RADAR, not SONAR.

• Cool 1

[DREAD]
Players
6,609 posts
5,507 battles
10 minutes ago, Peter_Snowmane said:

When are you going to fix this ship ?? I paid for mine ! Slower reload than KGV (really - did the newer sister come with rusty gun barrels from the factory). Worse turning and 1 less heal (incompetent crew apparently).

Duke of York should be like KGV except slightly better with respect to tech level. And she had RADAR, not SONAR.

Feel your pain bro. Duck of Yurk and PEF are the two big jokes in this game. 

Beta Tester
110 posts
5,615 battles

DoY just gets melted so fast, By HE, by AP, by CV's, Its terrible to play. I only play it when I need to grind for a mission and then only very reluctantly...

[SIEGE]
[SIEGE]
Players
75 posts
6,354 battles

Clearly every premium should be overpowered, and remove any reason for people to grind the real thing.

5 hours ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Duck of Yurk and PEF are the two big jokes in this game

3 hours ago, OddityNZ said:

Its terrible to play. I only play it when I need to grind for a mission and then only very reluctantly

despite which, you have won more games in these than you've lost. This ship is for fire missions and does well in PvE. Use it accordingly.

All I would say is that it would be awfully embarassing if people had been gifted this as some sort of marathon in the past... :Smile_trollface:

[4_0_4]
Players
5,311 posts
11,527 battles

I'd happily trade the hydro for the KGV reload.

• Cool 1

[YEEET]
Players
52 posts
7,043 battles

Nothing special or unique about her, at least Nelson is unique and i love to play her on operations.

[ST-EU]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
1,904 posts
3,697 battles

I had hopes that this premium could have been re-balanced from a solid if unspectacular T7 into a good T8 premium BB. Simply, KGV is overpowered as all hell at T7, and both KGV and DoY can work at T8 very easily, as they did in the past. The T7 premium spot can be taken by the less well modernised Prince of Wales, and Duke of York can make a decent running mate for Vanguard.

Unfortunately with the commotion caused by the Cesare rebalancing, DoY is likely to always be left out in the cold since there have been no signs of trying to reign in the hideously overpowered KGV that makes DoY look irrelevant. 

• Cool 1

Players
95 posts
10,888 battles
19 hours ago, Peter_Snowmane said:

Radar? Uhh.. do you really think adding radar to the DoY is a good idea? It doesn't matter that it had it irl. Giulio Cesare had torps. Almost all ww2 era ships had radar, come to think of it. Do you want to start adding it to literally everything? This isn't a historically accurate sim, it's a team based multiplayer arcade game; balance should always take priority over "muh historical accuracy".

Having said that, the DoY dpm is fairly low and I preferred the KGV for this reason. The trouble is, wargaming needed a way to differentiate the DoY from the KGV; their initial idea was to not give it heals at all, but have the other stats buffed. This would have made it an interesting ship, however with a very high skill floor. Everyone and their grandmother cried about this, so WG gave it heals back, and decided to differentiate it from the KGV by the addition of hydro. As a result, they felt the need to reduce the reload time to keep it balanced with the KGV, and prevent it from being straight up better. Sadly, the result is a pretty meh ship, and "fixing" it usually involves making it an almost identical KGV clone.

• Cool 2

Players
10 posts
1,710 battles
On 4/19/2019 at 3:24 PM, NoSoRetroJakko said:

IMO KGV is better overall than DOY, i feel like if DOY had the same reload as KGV it would be a worthwhile premium. 

Sign in to follow this