You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Gojuadorai

Twitch drops significantly decreased?

24 comments in this topic

Players
2,831 posts
19,436 battles

Hi,

usually i got a couple of containers (and some on the following days) after watching 2-3h twitch stream.

since this event started i recived 1 container  and 20 currency on the first day  since i watched 6+h and did not get a single container or currency drop

yes my account is still connected and  im loged in propperly ...

did anyone share this experiance in drop of loot from twitch?

• Cool 3

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

They are limited, and it seems WG altered the droprates of all Twitch-containers in order to get those space/super containers to fit in without being too generous. And in true WG-fashion, they altered it with a sledgehammer.

• Cool 2

Players
2,892 posts
11 minutes ago, Gojuadorai said:

Hi,

usually i got a couple of containers (and some on the following days) after watching 2-3h twitch stream.

since this event started i recived 1 container  and 20 currency on the first day  since i watched 6+h and did not get a single container or currency drop

yes my account is still connected and  im loged in propperly ...

did anyone share this experiance in drop of loot from twitch?

havent gotten a thing worth its salt from drops ever

Players
392 posts
8,116 battles

Pre-Space Containers/Super Containers adoption. I had no inbound containers for viewing Twitch. Full stop.

As for my NA account, yes they do work.

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,555 posts
20,097 battles

I got some from a Monday Flamu stream (Ironium). Dead rest of the week, Flamu and Flambass and Pasch playing all evening.

[-5D-]
Beta Tester
899 posts

They just want you to connect your twitch account so they can get user statistics and find ways for you to spend more money on the game and to attract new whales to the game. And i'v been watching streams last 4 days, and only got drop the first day when i linked the account, rest have been utter trash(AKA no drops).

I would't say i feel entitled to twitch crates, but advertise for something that clearly does not seem to be as promoted is pretty usual WG styles. So lession to learn is to unlink twitch with WG account and deny them the free data.

Edit: Just keep in mind that Wargaming does not provide you with these crates out of the kindness in their heart. This information is quite valueble.

• Cool 2

Players
445 posts

Nothing from Twitch, probably had over 24 hours of streaming over last few days, mostly using Flamuu, Flambass and official WOW channels.

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles

Yes, usually a Twitch drop every day, but as soon as the so called 'super space containers' came online the drops have dropped off.

• Cool 1

[-E-G-]
Players
86 posts

Well I fully take responsibility for my post .. :)

As everything they do , they manage to screw even that  :D

P.S. What a noob crying for not getting THE free stuff they give him :D :D :D

[EI_WA]
Players
45 posts

The current event of space drops is a very bad event.

• The space drops do not provide containers and therefore no oil.
  • The number of aquisition is capped. No clear statement form WG how high the cap is. Seems to be about 5.
  • Reached cap prevents obviously the drop of twich containers at all a  until April 24th
  • No need to watch Twitch streams until after Easter. Less audience for all the passionate CCs
  • Cool 3

Beta Tester
90 posts
5,014 battles

4 days - No drop. Been watching Twitch everyday (as usual) and normally get a drop every day or so.

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,555 posts
20,097 battles

I think they turned them off. If so, they will claim something went wrong, and end the event early.

• Cool 2

[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,994 posts
11,762 battles

They've maybe 'run dry' or turned them off because we're getting too much? Maybe I'm a little bitter for never having received a cc crate where so many have received multiple such crates, haha, but all in all it's ridiculous. Granted, we know we should be watching streams for the sake of the stream but drops, rewards, giveaways are a massive part of these things.

I'll be really honest and admit I only occasionally sign in to watch streams to hear of upcoming developments and releases (and see test plays of newer ships) but I principally connect for the giveaways and drops, otherwise I'd have no reason to go to twitch. I'm not a fanboy, I don't hero worship people because they're pretty or good players. Sorry, I know it's an unpopular opinion.

But with this said, after connecting I sometimes enjoy watching for a bit if it's entertaining (if the streamer is entertaining), otherwise it's a waste of time and life. The point here is that while we should be signing on to streams to watch and support a streamer (why I am not sure exactly), giveaways are part and parcel of every event. We visit the stream for rewards, the streamer streams for rewards (they're not as altruistic as many of you think) - it's a two way relationship and while we're there the streamer occasionally shares info and tests ships and we give them a viewer-base so they can earn.

Many of you should perhaps redefine the way you think about things in so far as looking at the true relationship we have with WG and their affiliates, we need them as much as they need us. The value some of you place on them is far higher than your own worth?

We are all in it for rewards ladies and gentlemen, WG are in it for the advertising and money, streamers are in it for money and recognition, and we the players are in it for rewards and fun - don't let anyone make you feel bad about wanting free stuff  - once we get this small little business understanding out of the way we can all just sit back and have fun and joke about things - but that little business arrangement must be there to get us all involved in the first place. It's a little like an invisible business handshake and acknowledgement before the fun begins.

• Cool 2

[PIPI_]
Players
187 posts
1 hour ago, Aragathor said:

I think they turned them off. If so, they will claim something went wrong, and end the event early.

or they fucked up big time.

Haven't gotten anything this week in 50hr+s of watching WoWs Streams. Last i got was a generic normal twitch container earlier last week.

That lame "working as intended, there is a cap" excuse ain't gonna work on the people who haven't gotten anything related to that event. And strangely people got tons of containers and stuff on monday, but literally nothing after that (aka. after Wargaming "fixed" it).

I got nothing on Monday since i didn't get to watch streams that day and i didn't get anything on the remaining days despite watching.

EDIT: There is multiple threads here, reddit, everywhere and most bigger streams are literally filled with people asking why there is no more drops. All of them have in common that it started after Wargaming "fixed" it officially.

• Cool 1

[PIPI_]
Players
187 posts
3 minutes ago, Shaka_D said:

We are all in it for rewards ladies and gentlemen, WG are in it for the advertising and money, streamers are in it for money and recognition, and we the players are in it for rewards and fun - don't let anyone make you feel bad about wanting free stuff  - once we get this small little business understanding out of the way we can all just sit back and have fun and joke about things - but that little business arrangement must be there to get us all involved in the first place. It's a little like an invisible business handshake and acknowledgement before the fun begins. Players have as much right to demand such things as streamers and WG do.

Shortened that wall but you leave out the important thing: nobody asked for that. Wargaming advertised to hand out freebee's like that.

There is also some statement if wargaming boldly declares to advertise their product like this ... and then refuses or fails to deliver on that ^^

• Cool 1

[PIPI_]
Players
187 posts
Just now, Hannibalurg said:

Yes, but what Wargaming advertise, and what they do are rarely one and the same. Unfortunatly for us users :(

Hence i said Its"some statement".

Make of it what you want.

Actually false advertisement is a crime in some countries :P

[-MM]
[-MM]
Players
569 posts
12,045 battles

Well, what are you expecting?

It's like the Christmas containers, first day the drop rates are very high to get everybody talking, after that they tone them way down. Lots of profit without giving people anything of worth.

They have gotten what they wanted. Improved viewing rates for several days in exchange for some minor goodies.

[-TAP-]
Players
3 posts
29,489 battles

I linked my wow account to twitch a few days back, as yet I've not received anything, not even the welcome gift. I've viewed quite a few live streams, many hours in total.