Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Weekend Competition: Starfall

35 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
110 posts
5,612 battles

I've read it a few times, but I still have a question.

So you get pts for the first win over 400xp on certain tiers, Which if you get 30pts over the timeframe you get a single super container.

What happens after this is that essentially a collector who grinds the most wins to make it into the "top 100" wins a further two containers ?

Does that sum it up ?

• Cool 2

Players
343 posts
11,090 battles

@OddityNZ that summs it up for me too. The more you grind, the more you win. Pretty annoying and a burn out guarantee.

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
3 posts
1,426 battles

2 hours ago, OddityNZ said:

So you get pts for the first win over 400xp on certain tiers, Which if you get 30pts over the timeframe you get a single super container.

Yes, if you get 30 points (i.e. 30 first wins with over 400 base XP), you are guaranteed 7x of each of the normal signal flags, 3x of the special flags, and one supercontainer.

However, you can keep earning points after 30. If by the end of the event you're in the top-100 on the EU server by points earned, you will get an additional 2 supercontainers (so in the end you'll have 7 normal signal bundles, 3 special signal bundles, and 3 supercontainers).

• Cool 3

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
2,882 posts

I've read the news a few times and while I am certain that you earn the points for the whole weekend, it could also be interpreted as if you need to earn them daily.

Could you please clarify this in the news article.

@Moon__Star

Welcome to the EU-WoWs Forums.

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
3 posts
1,426 battles

7 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

I've read the news a few times and while I am certain that you earn the points for the whole weekend, it could also be interpreted as if you need to earn them daily.

Could you please clarify this in the news article.

The first is correct. Your points stack throughout all four days of the event. You don't have to play every day for it to count, but depending on the amount of Tier V-X ships you have in your port, it could be more beneficial to have a daily go at it.

13 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

Welcome to the EU-WoWs Forums.

Thank you :fish_cute_2:

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
7,219 posts

what I don't get:

at first it says

Zitat

During the event, your 1st victory per day on each of your Tier V-X ships will bring you points, provided that in the victorious battle you scored more than 400 points of base XP. Score as many points as you can to reap the most rewards!

even with a picture with the first win star, but in the rules it says

Zitat

If you score 400 base XP or less with one of your ships in a winning battle it won’t bring you any points but you can try to earn points using the same ship again on the same day.

so it is not about the first victory at all?

[IRON7]
Players
853 posts
703 battles

You should have some sort of reward for those players who have few T 5 -10 ships. What if a player cannot even get 10 wins? Where is the reward for 1- 9 wins for this event?  Bogus.

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
3 posts
1,426 battles
40 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

what I don't get:

at first it says

even with a picture with the first win star, but in the rules it says

so it is not about the first victory at all?

The first victory on a particular ship for a given day only counts as a point if you earn more than 400 base XP in the battle that you just won.

If you win the battle, but have 400 or less base XP by the end of it, you will not earn a point, but you will have a chance to try again with the same ship and get a victory with more than 400 base XP.

Once you do get a victory with more than 400 base XP, you will no longer be able to earn points with that ship on that day.

You will then have to wait till the next day to earn another point with that particular ship.

Hope that helps

Beta Tester
110 posts
5,612 battles
2 hours ago, Moon__Star said:

Yes, if you get 30 points (i.e. 30 first wins with over 400 base XP), you are guaranteed 7x of each of the normal signal flags, 3x of the special flags, and one supercontainer.

However, you can keep earning points after 30. If by the end of the event you're in the top-100 on the EU server by points earned, you will get an additional 2 supercontainers (so in the end you'll have 7 normal signal bundles, 3 special signal bundles, and 3 supercontainers).

Thanks for the reply @Moon__Star

but for me hard PASS -

Waaaaay to grindy for me and I hate that this has become the WoWs Norm now to have these grinding missions for little reward.This is a page taken out of WoT's book.

Please please please dont mess around with the Anniversary and Christmas giveaways and missions this year by making them a grindfest as its already past the "this is fun" line WG....

• Cool 1

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
116 posts
10,525 battles

Soooo 30 wins means about 60 games/20 minutes each (bathroom, loadscreens, beverages, rants) = 20 hours/4 Days = 5 hours a day during easter weekend.

I'm out but thanks for the Sierra-Mike flag.

17 minutes ago, ObiWanKen00bie said:

Why the 'participate' button? You used to just participate automatically when logging in. Not an improvement imo…

Could be to reward to those who use the portal or just to funnel people into it I guess.

[UNICS]
Players
30 posts
1,034 battles

Nice that it is combined with the Space Battles event as I otherwise would not have enough ships to get the final reward.

Players
235 posts
1,384 battles
1 hour ago, ObiWanKen00bie said:

Why the 'participate' button? You used to just participate automatically when logging in. Not an improvement imo...

I'd guess it is because WG want to limit the event so they don't have the costs of making too many pixel flags.

[4-20]
[4-20]
Players
103 posts
16,965 battles
4 hours ago, Lina_Hyo said:

Nice that it is combined with the Space Battles event as I otherwise would not have enough ships to get the final reward.

have mine, about a hundred. im out of this ...

[-GG-]
Players
198 posts
12,310 battles

WeeGee  - please, pelase, please

Each time you do an event that requires "WIN BATTLE" and arduos WIN grinding please give some consolation prize for those who will experience 20% W/R because of abundance bots, subpar CV captains, YOLOing DDs etc 

TY for your cooperation :cap_look:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[BAD-F]
Players
5 posts
8,253 battles

Good call RSK -  I was looking for that too - doesn't seem to be a place to check  how far you've got

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
2,882 posts
2 hours ago, __RSK__ said:

how do we track our progress on this?

It's stated clearly in the announcement that we will not be able to track our progress.

I've created a list and make marks.

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
25 posts
7,083 battles

any reason to take out coop? The cv rework made me a coop player and its just great to be ignored.

Players
82 posts
8,809 battles

WG have literally made the game unpleasant to play. In order to keep the playerbase active they introduce time sink missions that require qrinding.

The problem with this is said unpleasantness to play. 

Four choices.

1) Play the game, grind the missions, ''enjoy'' the weekend teams and spoil your easter break

2) Activate the mission but just play as normal. ''Enjoy'' the weekend teams and spoil your easter break 

3) Ignore the mission. ''Enjoy'' the weekend teams and spoil your easter break

4) Have a couple of battles, exit the game, play something else that's actually well made. Have a nice easter break

• Cool 3

[-CC-]
Players
10 posts
9,018 battles

Some kind of counter would be nice for events like this.

[IRON7]
Players
853 posts
703 battles
On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 11:48 PM, radius77 said:

Each time you do an event that requires "WIN BATTLE" and arduos WIN grinding please give some consolation prize for those who will experience 20% W/R because of abundance bots, subpar CV captains, YOLOing DDs etc 

I have no problem with grinding - it is the way to 'earn' rather than everything being handed to you.

I do, however,  have a problem with the blatant 'arranged' losses due to the abysmal MM.

[S_C]
Beta Tester
89 posts
4,341 battles

I clicked the participate button on Friday, double checked and got a message I was participating. But! are you supposed to have stars by your ships on the carousel? I haven't . Where are they supposed to be?

Players
154 posts
2,923 battles
3 hours ago, Klestrol said:

I clicked the participate button on Friday, double checked and got a message I was participating. But! are you supposed to have stars by your ships on the carousel? I haven't . Where are they supposed to be?

I am curious about this too. Nothing showed just daily 50% XP earning icons. 

Also, for the players that do not have many ships above Tier5 are at a huge disadvantage it seems; according to the rules.

Sign in to follow this