Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
Sehales

PSA: Naval Aviation Containers

17 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,848 posts
1,169 battles

We would like to apologize for the situation - there was a mistake in the description of the "Naval Aviation" containers in the Premium shop.

Compensation in doubloons equal to the cost of the ship may be obtained, but only if you purchase containers, don't open them and then purchase aircraft carriers. Then, if you open the containers, you will get compensation in doubloons for duplicates. But if you owned all 4 aircraft carriers when you purchased containers, you won't receive the ships from containers.

If you had all 4 aircraft carriers when you purchased the containers, you would have received not the compensation in doubloons, but 20 Sci-Fi Space camouflages. This is a feature of the duplicate processing mechanism, and it wasn't described properly. Using such a mechanism is based on the desire to have a high chance of receiving an aircraft carrier and having a small container price. If each duplicate of a ship was compensated in full doubloon cost, then, given the rather high chances of receiving the ship, the price of containers would be much higher.

We understand that the description could have influenced your decision to purchase containers, so we are ready to provide refunds for those bundles you purchased when already having all 4 premium aircraft carriers in Port. E.g., if you had 3 of them, you bought 5 containers, opened them and received the last aircraft carrier, after which you purchased 10 more containers. You can refund this last purchase - the money spent will be returned, and the property you got will be withdrawn from your account.

Please feel free to contact Player Support for a refund.

Once again, we apologize for this mistake, and we will make every effort in future to ensure that this does not happen again.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
7,963 posts
10,335 battles

Don't forget to put this on the webportal/premium store aswell.

• Cool 1

[THROW]
Players
718 posts
21,661 battles

@Sehales i had 3 of the 4 carriers but bought containers with the intention of getting the 4th carrier and some extra doubloons once i got it. i assume i can still get a full refund for all containers bought if they take all the rewards i got from the containers off my account?

[IDDQD]
Players
225 posts
8,120 battles

@Sehales @Sub_Octavian

Are you sure that the Player Support guys are aware of this? I have even quoted this topic, but no-go (and yes, i owned all 4 CVs already when i was buying the containers, and i have obviously opened them)

image.thumb.png.0f5c36061614ce0e62fa99a56f998a45.png

• Funny 1
  • Angry 1

[THROW]
Players
718 posts
21,661 battles
1 hour ago, RAYvenMP said:

@Sehales @Sub_Octavian

Are you sure that the Player Support guys are aware of this? I have even quoted this topic, but no-go (and yes, i owned all 4 CVs already when i was buying the containers, and i have obviously opened them)

image.thumb.png.0f5c36061614ce0e62fa99a56f998a45.png

Yeh I got the same response. Who the hell doesn't open them straight away. This is completely unacceptable behaviour. I thought they might handle this well but nope I was so niave. 

• Angry 1

Beta Tester
81 posts
2,379 battles

Same here. My request for a refund was just rejected. My reply from the support team said that I could have received a duplicate CV,  and that I would have received doubloons if I had received any duplicates. Something is not right here.

And what happens if we sold the use the space camos we did receive because we didn't want them? This does not change the fact that we were mis-sold a product.

[THROW]
Players
718 posts
21,661 battles
39 minutes ago, Bluestrategist said:

Same here. My request for a refund was just rejected. My reply from the support team said that I could have received a duplicate CV,  and that I would have received doubloons if I had received any duplicates. Something is not right here.

And what happens if we sold the use the space camos we did receive because we didn't want them? This does not change the fact that we were mis-sold a product.

Exactly. Regardless of any terms and conditions WG may have they still breached EU laws through misleading product information and false advertisement. 

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
81 posts
2,379 battles

Well done Wargaming. I have just received full refunds for my naval aviation containers. This has restored my confidence in making future purchases!

[THROW]
Players
718 posts
21,661 battles
7 minutes ago, Bluestrategist said:

Well done Wargaming. I have just received full refunds for my naval aviation containers. This has restored my confidence in making future purchases!

What did you say to them to make them give you a refund? Or did they just randomly do it

WG Staff
153 posts

@Bluestrategist  @RAYvenMP Guys, please hold on. I will let the team know and we will sort it out. I manually checked you, and you are eligible for the refund. The CS reply is incorrect for some reason. I am very sorry for this incident, and your tickets will be properly resolved ASAP. In the meantime, check your PM please, I've sent you a sign of gratitude for your patience.

@Mr_Snoww I am sorry, but looks like your purchases were not affected, they were done while not having all CV, so compensation mechanics did not apply and nothing contradicted the product description. However, just in case, I will ask CS to double check everything, but from the logs I see, you're not affected.

[THROW]
Players
718 posts
21,661 battles
Just now, Sub_Octavian said:

@Bluestrategist  @RAYvenMP Guys, please hold on. I will let the team know and we will sort it out. I manually checked you, and you are eligible for the refund. The CS reply is incorrect for some reason. I am very sorry for this incident, and your tickets will be properly resolved ASAP. In the meantime, check your PM please, I've sent you a sign of gratitude for your patience.

@Mr_Snoww I am sorry, but looks like your purchases were not affected, they were done while not having all CV, so compensation mechanics did not apply and nothing contradicted the product description. However, just in case, I will ask CS to double check everything, but from the logs I see, you're not affected.

I bought containers under false advertisement. I am well within my rights to request a refund. WG have sold me a product that is falsely advertised. 

WG Staff
153 posts
1 minute ago, Mr_Snoww said:

I bought containers under false advertisement. I am well within my rights to request a refund. WG have sold me a product that is falsely advertised. 

Sorry, but you're not eligible for refund, because your purchase was not affected by the mistake in the description. The product worked as described for you, and nothing that contradicted the description happened. I cannot do anything here. I asked CS to readdress the ticket and give you the information so you understand why your case is different.

[THROW]
Players
718 posts
21,661 battles
4 minutes ago, Sub_Octavian said:

Sorry, but you're not eligible for refund, because your purchase was not affected by the mistake in the description. The product worked as described for you, and nothing that contradicted the description happened. I cannot do anything here. I asked CS to readdress the ticket and give you the information so you understand why your case is different.

it doesnt matter if i was directly affected by the mistake. i bought containers with the intention of getting the 4th premium carrier and then some doubloons. if i could not have got the doubloons i would not have bought the containers. the "mistake" breaches EU laws of false advertisement. 

• Cool 1

[IDDQD]
Players
225 posts
8,120 battles

i can confirm that issue was resolved and I've received full refund for the containers (25) i purchased after already owning all 4 CVs.

mistakes can happen, so no hard feelings there, just pay more attention to "lottery boxes" in the future, they are already controversial enough even when they work.

Beta Tester
81 posts
2,379 battles

I also received a full refund, although 25,000 of my coal seems to have been deducted. Perhaps that is because I had sold the space camos as I did not want them.

[BOBS3]
[BOBS3]
Players
106 posts
2,034 battles

I've cancelled my ticket. I received another email this morning saying that you need more time to 'investigate' my complaint. Well, to be honest I can't be bothered waiting. As I have stated in my ticket response I have spent a small fortune supporting you guys with this game, because I love it and it gives me many hours of enjoyment. I DONT agree with how these were mis-sold, BUT I did want the CV's, so I will think long and hard before spending any more of my money in your store.

Sign in to follow this