You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
anonym_RGvUdEcxWWvD

Us line CV looks promosing. I smell nerfs incoming

42 comments in this topic

Players
315 posts

After I got bored of Haku, I decided to grind out for Midway and see what all the fuzz is about. I free exped my Ranger and wanted to test it out first in co-op, but I accdenitaly started a random battle. Let me tell you this. I had a better expierence in my Ranger T6 than my first game on Haku T10. 

My first impressions:

-Torps

I read alot of complaints about how bad the torps are on US line, but with Torpedo acc, I barely missed any torpedos.

-Attack aircraft

Not really any difference compared to IJN, but the next big upgrade will be on T8 so that will be a positive.

Dive Bombers

Now this, this, this is absolutely insane. I was a bit nervous since I accdentily played random battle, no co=op what I initialy intended, so I wasnt sure how my first flight with US dive bombers would go. I had no idea what to expect... 

Its truly laugahble how easy this thing is to land on my first attempt. Poor DD is all I have to say. I have absolutely no trouble landing bombers on DD. I can land bombers on cruisers blindfolded. Comparing the difficulty in playing IJN line to US is just out of this world. Any CV main who has both the Midway and Haku should be ashamed of themselves for not putting this out there.

My first game on US line CV.

shot-19.04.18_10.03.07-0253.jpg

• Cool 3

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Beta Tester
417 posts
8,439 battles
23 minutes ago, Zlaraki said:

I read alot of complaints about how bad the torps are on US line, but with Torpedo acc, I barely missed any torpedos.

This stems from the T10 torps beeing the weakest torps in game... the T8 and below are on par or atleast usable.

• Cool 1

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles

Well done. Maybe I should start lower down the pecking order, I just tried my container ship the USS Enterprise in a Co-Op battle and got shot out of the sky by anything that moved, although most of the team were AA cruisers. But the dive bombers were very easy to use, a surprise because I'd turned to them in desperation after not torping anything. But I'll put it back into it's box for the foreseeable future. 

[ALONE]
Modder
2,173 posts
13,725 battles

As some players do well with IJN, and I personaly prefer the RN-carriers, I guess they are as balanced they can be :Smile_great:

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Beta Tester
417 posts
8,439 battles
3 minutes ago, 250swb said:

Well done. Maybe I should start lower down the pecking order, I just tried my container ship the USS Enterprise in a Co-Op battle and got shot out of the sky by anything that moved, although most of the team were AA cruisers. But the dive bombers were very easy to use, a surprise because I'd turned to them in desperation after not torping anything. But I'll put it back into it's box for the foreseeable future. 

If you want to practice dropping a trainingroom with moving bots would be a better start. It gives you more time and you can specify the ships. CoOP games are over too fast to make much of a difference.

Also T4 gives you a basic idea of how to handle planes and T6 will teach you how to deal with flak. In randoms that is.

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,514 battles

As of late i have noticed somehow rocket fighter became more viable again, making divebombing DD with US divebombers only a somehat niche thingy......probably not worth nerfing.

A certain former DD player on this forum is advocate to this : according to his own posted result screens he can't stop firing rockets....most at DD i suspect. :Smile_teethhappy:

But then again maybe that is only because his divebombers carry AP bombs. Could be a solution for all US CV instead of nerfs :Smile_trollface:

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,904 posts
19,732 battles
31 minutes ago, Zlaraki said:

USN torps are actually pretty good, become arguably the best in the game at T8 then fall off to meh with the Midway. This is because Midway torps are extremely sensitive to even slight aiming corrections, have disappointing alpha strike and flooding chance to supposedly balance out their volume of fire.

If only WG would do away with the 2 torps per plane gimmick and give them Lex characteristics...

Players
2,594 posts
12,952 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

become arguably the best in the game at T8 t

Curious. What does shokaku have left then? (except sad memories of the days of yore)

6,141 posts
10,639 battles

Just started yesterday with the USN CVs ... sure I have a lot to learn but it isn't nearly the toothless tiger I feared.

Will see how it turnes out further up. 

Next stop: Getting more experience

@El2aZeR I assume that's also the reason why I do find Saipan's TBs to be ... meh

[THESO]
Players
812 posts
2 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

USN torps are actually pretty good, become arguably the best in the game at T8 then fall off to meh with the Midway. This is because Midway torps are extremely sensitive to even slight aiming corrections, have disappointing alpha strike and flooding chance to supposedly balance out their volume of fire.

If only WG would do away with the 2 torps per plane gimmick and give them Lex characteristics...

Just gimme choice between midway or lex torps please WG 

Screen_Shot_2018-02-06_at_3.37.14_PM.png

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,904 posts
19,732 battles
1 minute ago, Saiyko said:

Curious. What does shokaku have left then? (except sad memories of the days of yore)

Quite literally nothing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 minute ago, Allied_Winter said:

I assume that's also the reason why I do find Saipan's TBs to be ... meh

Saipan at least gets the same torps as her USN T8 peers so they actually have the best alpha and flooding chance on T8.

Getting them all to connect is a different story however.

Players
10,032 posts
11,829 battles
15 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

Stealth spotting Minotaurs/Woosters for extra keks and lolAPing cruisers. Rockets could see some thorough buffs because they are... speschul.

Her TB are perfectly fine and easy to plant due to fish speed and damage per fish remains the highest, so in case of surface peasant not being alergic to WSAD, single hit is still going to be the highest.

For 100% hit rate Kexington still remains better, but for that you need to have AFK or otherwise beached DD/cruiser. Or a baBBy.

Still, it takes extraordinary uptiering to make her struggle IMO due to her strike plane speed. Lexi is fine most of the time, while Implacable is autistic even when top tier ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Players
315 posts

So far it gets better. I get to cause 3 fiires on 3 different ships on one attack aircraft run. Im not sure whether T6 AA is this bad or attack aircraft is that good. I expect people to run AA builds because Im qued with 9 CV every time. Further more, it suprised me when I citadeled a cruiser 2 times with my HE bombs and set a fire on him. That is just laughable.

I have nothing against this dmg. Cv should be able to output this amount of dmg, but why is it so easy? They should make those bombers a bit harder to hit. I could easily keep my mouth shut here, just grind it out till Midway and enjoy bullying you guys, but this is just riduclous how easy it is. After you have mastered Haku, US line is just a mere joke.

Players
2,594 posts
12,952 battles
1 hour ago, Zlaraki said:

. Im not sure whether T6 AA is this bad or attack aircraft is that good.

It's the AA

The difference between t6 and t8 AA is hilarious. Which makes even the mere idea of "balancing" tier 8 carriers (which see both t6 and t10 AA) an act of insanity.

• Cool 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,904 posts
19,732 battles
4 minutes ago, Zlaraki said:

I expect people to run AA builds because Im qued with 9 CV every time. Further more, it suprised me when I citadeled a cruiser 2 times with my HE bombs and set a fire on him. That is just laughable.

Says more about the Emerald than it does about USN HE bombs tbh.

Or in a picture:

r3sxovprct121.jpg

Seriously though, you'll never see HE bomb citadels again once you move to T8+.

• Funny 5

[-AP-]
Players
2,561 posts
6,319 battles

They will be nerfed, this is a comment made from a dev on the russian forum(check the "some interesting info around the world" thread for the full post)

"And besides, for aircraft carriers, changes are already planned to reduce their impact on combat - for example, we will solve the problem with early spotting. So, we already know that the balance of classes will change. As you understand, dumping a bunch of changes at once is a bad practice, so for optimal results we try to make changes in order and carefully monitor the balance in the game. Well, obviously, we are watching the aircraft carriers especially carefully now."

• Cool 1

Players
315 posts
3 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Says more about the Emerald than it does about USN HE bombs tbh.

Or in a picture:

r3sxovprct121.jpg

Seriously though, you'll never see HE bomb citadels again once you move to T8+.

Alright, alright, Ill give you the benefit of the doubt when it comes to higher tiers. But so far, US line t6 seems pretty unbalanced. I cant say nothing about T8+ yet. Once again, I dont mind the dmg, Im more disgusted how easy it is.

Players
220 posts
8,780 battles
4 minutes ago, thiextar said:

They will be nerfed, this is a comment made from a dev on the russian forum(check the "some interesting info around the world" thread for the full post)

"And besides, for aircraft carriers, changes are already planned to reduce their impact on combat - for example, we will solve the problem with early spotting. So, we already know that the balance of classes will change. As you understand, dumping a bunch of changes at once is a bad practice, so for optimal results we try to make changes in order and carefully monitor the balance in the game. Well, obviously, we are watching the aircraft carriers especially carefully now."

i forsee lots of tears from all of those that jumped the bandwagon with premiums 

[THESO]
Players
578 posts
11,627 battles
24 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Stealth spotting Minotaurs/Woosters for extra keks and lolAPing cruisers. Rockets could see some thorough buffs because they are... speschul.

Shokaku's AP bombs are also devastating against any German BB, and I think most Brits as well. The rockets have a tiny reticle if you get a good run, and very reliably light up sections of BB's not already burning. 

All-in-all Shokaku is tricky, and perhaps more dependant on MM, but I have higher average damage in Shokaku than in Lex (95k and 85k). I feel like I have both pretty well figured out. Average frags is higher in Lex, I think because it's generally more versatile in attacking anything, with whatever you have left on deck. 

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,904 posts
19,732 battles
8 minutes ago, thiextar said:

They will be nerfed

I actually doubt they're gonna make drastic changes to damage dealing capabilities. CV player numbers are already back to pre-rework levels after all.

Players
10,032 posts
11,829 battles
8 minutes ago, asalonen said:

Shokaku's AP bombs are also devastating against any German BB, and I think most Brits as well. The rockets have a tiny reticle if you get a good run, and very reliably light up sections of BB's not already burning. 

All-in-all Shokaku is tricky, and perhaps more dependant on MM, but I have higher average damage in Shokaku than in Lex (95k and 85k). I feel like I have both pretty well figured out. Average frags is higher in Lex, I think because it's generally more versatile in attacking anything, with whatever you have left on deck. 

Brits, Croissants and US dreadnoughts are mostly immune to cits from above due to distance between deck and citadel itself. So nerf to fuse delay would be in order, so bombs can actually reach them before going poof:cap_book:

8 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

I actually doubt they're gonna make drastic changes to damage dealing capabilities. CV player numbers are already back to pre-rework levels after all.

but... but... 2CVs every gaem

15 minutes ago, Zlaraki said:

Alright, alright, Ill give you the benefit of the doubt when it comes to higher tiers. But so far, US line t6 seems pretty unbalanced. I cant say nothing about T8+ yet. Once again, I dont mind the dmg, Im more disgusted how easy it is.

US are "OP" simply because their gimmick if versatility. TiTs with 68mm HE pen can damage pretty much everyone except T10 CV armored deck, same with HE bombs (bonus points for brutalizing DDs) while torps are usable even if tertiary option.

[THESO]
Players
578 posts
11,627 battles
6 minutes ago, bloodynicknames said:

i forsee lots of tears from all of those that jumped the bandwagon with premiums 

Not necessarily, if they compensate the reduced spotting capability with increased damage dealing potential. In fact, I'm sure the average CV player would love to make such a trade. 

Players
3,374 posts
14,100 battles
1 hour ago, Zlaraki said:

After I got bored of Haku, I decided to grind out for Midway and see what all the fuzz is about. I free exped my Ranger and wanted to test it out first in co-op, but I accdenitaly started a random battle. Let me tell you this. I had a better expierence in my Ranger T6 than my first game on Haku T10. 

My first impressions:

-Torps

-Attack aircraft

Not really any difference compared to IJN, but the next big upgrade will be on T8 so that will be a positive.

Dive Bombers

Now this, this, this is absolutely insane. I was a bit nervous since I accdentily played random battle, no co=op what I initialy intended, so I wasnt sure how my first flight with US dive bombers would go. I had no idea what to expect... 

Its truly laugahble how easy this thing is to land on my first attempt. Poor DD is all I have to say. I have absolutely no trouble landing bombers on DD. I can land bombers on cruisers blindfolded. Comparing the difficulty in playing IJN line to US is just out of this world. Any CV main who has both the Midway and Haku should be ashamed of themselves for not putting this out there.

My first game on US line CV.

shot-19.04.18_10.03.07-0253.jpg

If you don’t have Enterprise get it, you don’t miss not having HE bombs at all and the AP bombs are hilarious. Lexy is solid though so you’ll enjoy her.

I do have a soft spot for Ryujo and Kaga. Not bothered with Shokaku yet. 

Players
220 posts
8,780 battles
12 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

i wonder where you get that from cause 2 CVs in almost every game tells me thats not the case.