You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Beastofwar

Abuse of the reporting system

43 comments in this topic

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,533 battles

For 2 straight days my "karma" is going down after CV matches in which i do average 60k-80k damage, win or lose.  Notable fact is in those matches i was the only CV on the team and multiple DD players and others demand air cover/spotting at their location....I am happy they seem to have discovered CV can support them capping, but this went the other way : they DEMAND you do this.

For some reason all of a sudden in higher tier matches it is fashionable to tell the CV player what to do ( again, seen that before but it went away for a while  ) and if that CV player fails to do this, report him. I get messages that i was reported deducting -2 or -3 "karma" per match. And i get to read swearing and insults in chat, adressed at me.

Now i could not give a rats [edited]about that whole ''karma" thing but the fact i get reported over "poor gameplay" or whatever offends me. There is no way i can give air cover/spotting to 3 DD spread over 3 caps even if i wanted to provide them that, which too is still my decision. 

This is clearly abuse of a game system not meant for that. It seems to me also the higher tier the match is, the more toxic and idiot behaving players seem to get. Long rants when losing seem quite normal. Everyone is blamed - especially the CV - for it except themselves. I can remember vaguely this is how it was in many RTS CV games too....

I do not have the impression players are better players at higher tiers......on the contrary, they seem like a band of total  :etc_swear: Makes me wonder i should even get Tier X CV...

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

You'll find that it makes precious little differene what class you play. You'll always get the salty Dead Sea sailors that will report you for any or no reason they can possible think of.

• Cool 3

Players
3,319 posts

Does reporting do anything at all,had a Salem camp on the rearmost line whilst I died in my CV, and I don't think I was the only one to report him, in another game some idiot went ping crazy on myself and out other CV, blatant spam, U I gave him a warning short with torps (I know I shouldn't) but on and on it went, folk like that drive me nuts, and again other people I think reported him too.

not sure if it does anything at al but if it warrants a report, the so be it,they get reported.

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,787 posts
16,928 battles
6 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

Does reporting do anything at all

Well, we for sure know that the chat thingy is working, we assume that the afk thingy is working and recon that the bad play thingy is not working at all.

So if in doubt report for misbehavior in chat and perhaps you will at least manage to annoy someone...

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
Players
1,708 posts
13,840 battles

They can crap on you in chat all they want, but you mustn't worry, You'll always be loved here. <3

• Funny 1

Players
2,901 posts

Darn it, The new gui makes it difficult to find the karma number :/

As for the point I report heavily anything that I deem harmful for my personal well being and fun. You mess with my game you will get reported and many people think like that. Totally fair. No one should fool around with another human's precious time. Anyway to lighten it up it means 3 things usually, making me lose the game and to a lesser extent steal kills. To be fair I also upvote when good plays happen or people are nice.

Playing cv right now will make people notice and blame you for all that has happened to them since the rework so even if you had a good game for example the other CV maybe didn't etc and it is understandable -though unfair, I believe it will go away soon.

Ah, the third thing you get a report is driving a Khabarovsk. Don't... :fish_viking:

Beta Tester
598 posts
2 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

Ah, the third thing you get a report is driving a Khabarovsk. Don't... :fish_viking:

Guess the non cap/spotting thing the Khaba has as a "thing", kind of helps it staying away from aircraft as well... so their transition to the current CV meta, has been relatively easy :cap_cool:

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
Players
1,708 posts
13,840 battles
1 minute ago, lossi_2018 said:

Darn it, The new gui makes it difficult to find the karma number :/

As for the point I report heavily anything that I deem harmful for my personal well being and fun. You mess with my game you will get reported and many people think like that. Totally fair. No one should fool around with another human's precious time. Anyway to lighten it up it means 3 things usually, making me lose the game and to a lesser extent steal kills. To be fair I also upvote when good plays happen or people are nice.

Playing cv right now will make people notice and blame you for all that has happened to them since the rework so even if you had a good game for example the other CV maybe didn't etc and it is understandable -though unfair, I believe it will go away soon.

There is no kill stealing in the game. The kill that you don't secure can get away or heal up, because someone, anyone - doesn't matter who - didn't finish it off. Honestly, thinking otherwise is kind of petty and selfish. 

And reported for Khabarovsk, really? :Smile_facepalm:

I report people who are flat out toxic in chat, for the most part its the only kind of report I make.

• Cool 2

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,398 posts
7,281 battles
44 minutes ago, The_fun_police said:

Your just playing the reported class 

Ironically Ive been complimented quite a bit in CV. Do a bit of hard carrying (particularly if bottom tier), press the "Yes" quick command whenever someone pings/requests something you were going to do anyway -"wow what a team player, I asked the CV to spot the DD, and he responded yes and did it!" They dont need to know you're going to find the DD because you dont trust them to press WASD enough to avoid dying to torps.

• Funny 3

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,398 posts
7,281 battles
56 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

I report people who are flat out toxic in chat, for the most part its the only kind of report I make.

Basically this.

Reporting people on a regular basis because they killed you, or because you think they should yolo 1v6 etc  is like the kid in school that would threaten to tell teacher if you didnt do what they wanted/let them win. Except this is more embarrasing, since the average age here is adults, rather than 5 year olds.

I will report for toxic in chat, not because it particularly bothers me - scream at me all you like that I should go cap the area that has 2 DM in it, I don't mind, it just makes you look like an idiot. However I'm aware there are plenty of people who cant deal with confrontation - Ive been there myself when I was younger, so I know how unpleasant it is for someone to deal with it. Therefore anyone particularly bawling out a specific player for something that isnt their fault will pick up a report from me (and I'll usually send a nice message to the guy being screamed at)

• Cool 4

[_SDT_]
Players
35 posts
9,592 battles

Yup, came to the conclusion that playing CV is like being a nanny , as soon as you go over to the other side the first one starts crying and vice versa.

• Funny 4

[NWP]
Players
2,718 posts
16,657 battles
6 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

Now i could not give a rats [edited]about that whole ''karma" thing but the fact i get reported over "poor gameplay" or whatever offends me.

First of all: you don't care but still make a topic about it on the forums?

Second of all: stop being offended so easily. There are a lot of people who have their games ruined by CVs. Those people will, de facto, report every CV. If that offends you: lock yourself up in a room and don't interact with humans anymore...

• Funny 1

[ONE2]
Players
3,084 posts
21,562 battles

I usually report a player just for playing CV @Beastofwarfriend, hehehe! :Smile_trollface:JUUST KIDDING!!! :Smile_Default:

But I do occasionally get that odd feeling for some reason. I often lose karma, when I had a particularly good game, presumably and sometimes even verifiably because a disgruntled enemy player reported me after sinking them of some such malarkey. Can't be helped, I guess. There are still some left, who are apparently under the impression that they will actually die, if their ship gets sunk or something...:Smile-_tongue:

There are all kinds out there, you know. I was once team-killed by a particularly demented "friendly" BB just because I was in a Shima and he "hated Shima players". We lost, of course....:Smile_amazed:

giphy.gif

[XTREM]
Players
3,800 posts
11,228 battles
Vor 8 Stunden, Beastofwar sagte:

For 2 straight days my "karma" is going down after CV matches in which i do average 60k-80k damage, win or lose.  Notable fact is in those matches i was the only CV on the team and multiple DD players and others demand air cover/spotting at their location....I am happy they seem to have discovered CV can support them capping, but this went the other way : they DEMAND you do this.

For some reason all of a sudden in higher tier matches it is fashionable to tell the CV player what to do ( again, seen that before but it went away for a while  ) and if that CV player fails to do this, report him. I get messages that i was reported deducting -2 or -3 "karma" per match. And i get to read swearing and insults in chat, adressed at me.

Now i could not give a rats [edited]about that whole ''karma" thing but the fact i get reported over "poor gameplay" or whatever offends me. There is no way i can give air cover/spotting to 3 DD spread over 3 caps even if i wanted to provide them that, which too is still my decision. 

This is clearly abuse of a game system not meant for that. It seems to me also the higher tier the match is, the more toxic and idiot behaving players seem to get. Long rants when losing seem quite normal. Everyone is blamed - especially the CV - for it except themselves. I can remember vaguely this is how it was in many RTS CV games too....

I do not have the impression players are better players at higher tiers......on the contrary, they seem like a band of total  :etc_swear: Makes me wonder i should even get Tier X CV...

I am at 160 karma rising ad a CV main! ♡

How i do it? ☆♡☆

I answer teammates always with a Wilco! No matter what they say! ♡

Try being nice to your team ♡☆♡

• Funny 3

[ONE2]
Players
3,084 posts
21,562 battles
14 minutes ago, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

I answer teammates always with a Wilco! No matter what they say! ♡

WHAT? Even if you're not planning to do anything of the sort? Woah! I've gotta try this one... :cap_like:

• Funny 1

[XTREM]
Players
3,800 posts
11,228 battles
Vor 1 Minute, RAHJAILARI sagte:

Even if you're not even planning to do anything of the sort? Woah! I've gotta try this one... :cap_like:

Yes! ♡

If they call me out on it i do this " I'm sorry i will try my best from now on!"

And i get conplimented 3 times after that ♡☆♡

• Funny 3

[ONE2]
Players
3,084 posts
21,562 battles
12 minutes ago, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

Yes! ♡

If they call me out on it i do this " I'm sorry i will try my best from now on!"

And i get conplimented 3 times after that ♡☆♡

Djamn, all that sounds awfully familiar all of the sudden... Are you sure you and my waifu are not related perchance? Is this my wife's troll account? :Smile_ohmy:

So this is A universal tactic then.:cap_hmm: And most importantly... Why the heck do I fall for it every time? Lads, we never learn do we? :Smile_facepalm:

• Funny 1

[XTREM]
Players
3,800 posts
11,228 battles
Vor 1 Minute, RAHJAILARI sagte:

Djamn, all that sounds awfully familiar all of the sudden... Are you sure you and my waifu are not related perchance? Is this my wife's troll account? :Smile_ohmy:

Possibly! ♡