You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
anonym_RGvUdEcxWWvD

Should these kind of players get Insta perma ban?

29 comments in this topic

Players
315 posts

First second of the match he goes in chat saying; no chance, Im going afk, 100% lost and sails in reverse outside the map. We did win in the end, but this guy just ignited me.

I assume he was mad because he was matched vs T10, but ffs, hes a battleship. Not everyone was T10, there were 5 T9 ships and 2 T8. He was pink in the loading screen so I again assume hes doing this on a streak. I can understand if you ragequit during the game due to circumstances in long term, sure you will be punished, but to go out without even trying, this game clearly aint for you.

We need more specific reports ingame to punish these players. Reporting him just for away from keyboard aint enough in these cases.

I cut his name out incase Mods delete this thread for name shaming, but this guy deserves all the shame he can get.

It was Still possible to read the Name of this player.  So it had to be Removed. Make Sure the name cant be Identified . MFG

shot-19.04.17_21.19.54-0249.jpg

After another photoshop the name has been completely left out. 

shot-19.04.17_21.25.26-0301.jpg

shot-19.04.17_21.17.46-0538.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
315 posts
Just now, ColonelPete said:

No.

Warning and temp ban.

I dont know man. Have you ever gave up the first second because of matchmaking and went in reverse? This guy was pink already in the loading screen. I say 2 strikes in 5 games and you are out, let the system clean them out automaticaly. Its very easy to code this. 

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
26,778 posts
14,375 battles
5 minutes ago, Zlaraki said:

I dont know man. Have you ever gave up the first second because of matchmaking and went in reverse? This guy was pink already in the loading screen. I say 2 strikes in 5 games and you are out, let the system clean them out automaticaly. Its very easy to code this. 

Some people just have a bad day.

Yes, his behaviour is awful and non excusesable.

[JRM]
Players
6,577 posts
24,792 battles

Probably a bad going reroll with a mm monitor

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,912 posts
19,734 battles

Send that replay to support or directly to one of the WG staff members here. Apparently they do actually deal with stuff like this.

[MUMMY]
Players
442 posts
9,650 battles

I have added a player to my blacklist for that crap around a year ago.  

He didn't get there after one occasion, I bumped into the idiot 3 times over the course of a week every time "MM sucks, I aint playing".

To be honest I think a instant perma ban is not called for at all with people like this; repeatedly slapping them around the face with a house brick would suffice.    

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[KITEN]
Players
284 posts
14,011 battles

I had a guy do this 3 games in a row in ranked. Of course nothing happened to him because WG seem more bothered about ‘name and shame’ than actually weeding out the cancer.

Sure they will claim they deal with people if you send a ticket, but nobody actually  knows what that means or if anyone is really punished. I have sent in a ticket twice and got the same generic reply. 

Players
2,918 posts
16,614 battles

Just the usual warning and if he does it often enough, he can have fun in Coop.

If he was a IJN torp boat in a 2x CV match it would be somewhat acceptable, afterall it he would be about as useful AFK as playing.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Considering the guy has apparently no intentions of playing the game a ban would meet his agenda halfway anyhow.

Fairweather players that only appreciate MM that's heavily skewed in their favour are a dime a dozen, but people that actively go AFK (or in case of some CVs just go up and sink themselves) for a banal reason like getting challenging MM are their own kind of breed actively sabotage their own team. Technically that ought to be punished under the match rigging rules (their deliberate absence rigs the match to the enemy team's advantage) and iirc the punishment for confirmed match rigging is a perma ban.

Allegedly WG support acts when you report those cases, so it doesn't hurt you to file a ticket with the replay.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,840 posts
5,332 battles
2 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Just the usual warning and if he does it often enough, he can have fun in Coop.

If he was a IJN torp boat in a 2x CV match it would be somewhat acceptable, afterall it he would be about as useful AFK as playing.

Won't be much fun to have in co-op if this is anything to go by.

Still say that team killers and afk'ers should be made to play against each other rather than have us who actually like co-op having to put up with them..

• Cool 4

Players
3,316 posts

I have to admit that had I been in game with this guy I just might have raged a little and sent in some torps, even if my game is going badly i believe in fighting to the last even if I am being chased by half the red fleet, come to think of it probably why I cannot do well in my Audacious, lol.

Beta Tester
598 posts

This is my opinion.

If he needed to go afk, the correct way to do it, is racing forward.... Die, and end up in the harbour.... and never say a thing about it in chat.

And if you want to go unnoticed, just add a script that changed your WASD from time to time when you go AFK so the game does not pick it up.

Then there's off course the bad matchmaker for tier 8, no matter what the hell the other team has, being against tier 10's in certain ships is just tiring, so if that was the reason, I would understand him. There are some interresting ships at tier 8, but they are underwhelming when up against tier 10.

This may not be a popular opinion, but who cares... at some point the other team gets these players as well and feel screwed over.... So I guess you can take is as sometimes it affects you, on other occasions the other team, so all in all you'll end up with a 50/50.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

Players
315 posts
14 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

I have to admit that had I been in game with this guy I just might have raged a little and sent in some torps, even if my game is going badly i believe in fighting to the last even if I am being chased by half the red fleet, come to think of it probably why I cannot do well in my Audacious, lol.

Thats good play right there comrade. You always wanna have a spare of torpedo plains pop out before you die and go after your team. Remind them that this game is all about you dealing dmg and keeping you safe. As a Cv main now, I start to believe that Im the hero my team needs, but not what it deserves.

• Funny 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,840 posts
5,332 battles
3 minutes ago, Sturmtiger_304 said:

Pink name isn't always a teamkiller. Could be anything.

No, it's either team killer or someone who went afk (for whatever reason) in battle.

Sorry but unless proven otherwise through their own actions, you would be a *edited* to trust them as fully as you would a another player who isn't pink.

[JRM]
Players
6,577 posts
24,792 battles
6 hours ago, The_fun_police said:

Do u think they also complain about MM in coop or operations? 

Dont know about coop but ops? :etc_swear: yeah, thats the same kind of guys that complain about you "going yolo" and dying instead where they think you should gave gone, fact that you have carried the match and win with max stars whirch would have been lost otherwise seems lost to them... Oh and at least every odd op they die first before doing :etc_swear: but we wont mention that will we, luckily there are no stats for ops so they can maintain the unchallenged level of exellence there unreachable for mere mortals

[CATS]
Players
26,778 posts
14,375 battles
8 hours ago, JohnMac79 said:

I had a guy do this 3 games in a row in ranked. Of course nothing happened to him because WG seem more bothered about ‘name and shame’ than actually weeding out the cancer.

Sure they will claim they deal with people if you send a ticket, but nobody actually  knows what that means or if anyone is really punished. I have sent in a ticket twice and got the same generic reply. 

If they overdo it, they get punished.

Yes, WG does not tell you what they do.

But I know of a player who did this and more every match. His account has obvious one month long gaps in his battles. All shortly after he got reported. After the last report in January he did not play anymore games....

Players
315 posts
3,605 battles
Il y a 12 heures, The_fun_police a dit :

Do u think they also complain about MM in coop or operations? 

they do. Fell on one like that in Operation Newport, with a cruiser (Aoba ?), moaning about "stupid team" and making fun of the guys actually trying to coordinate the team. Of course I found him near the repair ship full HP while I was getting murdered trying (with success) to kill alone the DDs running on one flank with a BB ; he crawled out of the island broadside to the incoming BBs and raged after the obvious outcome ...

The operation was won - barely - thanks to a Graf Spee holding with his teeth. Our comrade was of course last in the results.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
13 hours ago, Skurfa said:

This is my opinion.

If he needed to go afk, the correct way to do it, is racing forward.... Die, and end up in the harbour.... and never say a thing about it in chat.

And if you want to go unnoticed, just add a script that changed your WASD from time to time when you go AFK so the game does not pick it up.

Then there's off course the bad matchmaker for tier 8, no matter what the hell the other team has, being against tier 10's in certain ships is just tiring, so if that was the reason, I would understand him. There are some interresting ships at tier 8, but they are underwhelming when up against tier 10.

This may not be a popular opinion, but who cares... at some point the other team gets these players as well and feel screwed over.... So I guess you can take is as sometimes it affects you, on other occasions the other team, so all in all you'll end up with a 50/50.

What kind of BS attitude is that!?

It's okay people, who cares if a player on your team purposefully removes himself from the battle and screwing your team over. It's all balanced because the enemy teams will also occasionally suffer such people. Oh, and here's some tips on not to get easily detected for when you want to be a douchecanoe ...

What the hell? No, it's not okay and no, people and you should care. Players that do stuff like this just detract from the gameplay experience. There is absolutely zero need to excuse any of that behaviour, let alone give tips on how to fly under the radar so they last unpunished for even longer.

The rare case of RL knocking on your door and forcing you away from a videogame for a match in progress is one thing, but not playing because someone doesn't like the MM or is a defeatist knobend trusting too much into a mod showing winrates or whatever is decidedly NOT something that should be overlooked just because there's a statistically equal chance the enemy team might be the one suffering instead of yours. The fact remains that other people have a worse time whenever they encounter such dipships and the one solution to limit the occurance of such behaviour is to punish it, not give them bloody advice on how to stay undetected ffs.

Players
7,051 posts
245 battles
14 hours ago, Skurfa said:

This is my opinion.

Why do you play online multiplayer games centered around teamwork again?

I was bottom tier in my kgv today against two musashis and a lion and yet i still came out on top in exp and we won.

At least in this game you can still damage ships regardless of the tier gap, in world of tanks if you can't pen them you can get f'ed.

Players
2,900 posts
14 hours ago, Skurfa said:

This is my opinion.

I agree