Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Inappropriate_noob

USS Lexington, vs USS Enterprise......

31 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[THESO]
Players
812 posts

You dont have tiny tims with stock planes, your he bombers also have less bombs per drop while stock + only 2 torps instead of 3 on stock torp planes. 

 

So Big E is better than stock lexi

 

Its better to atleast free xp bombers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,326 posts
3 minutes ago, Asakka said:

You dont have tiny tims with stock planes, your he bombers also have less bombs per drop while stock + only 2 torps instead of 3 on stock torp planes. 

 

So Big E is better than stock lexi

 

Its better to atleast free xp bombers 

Ok thanks, think I will carry on the grind, lol and research it all when I have enough free xp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLITZ]
Players
325 posts
10,131 battles

What kind of question is that? No ship in its stock configuration is comparable to a fully outfitted one.

And most certainly not Lexi to Big E?!

But the Lexi is not a bad ship at all when upgraded, I would say Big E is easier to play though.


If you actually told us what your comparison was about we could help you better.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
10,038 posts
11,833 battles

Lexi is perfectly fine, if not straight up golden standard of T8 CV with Enty trading blows with her. HVAR and TiT options, the best aerial torps of entire US line and 6x 1000lb samples of freedom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
812 posts
4 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

Ok thanks, think I will carry on the grind, lol and research it all when I have enough free xp

When i got Lexi i freexped the he bombers, then i researched torp planes and rocket planes as the last thing. 

 

Bombers will carry you :)

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
6,583 posts
24,842 battles

E is better then stock lexi maybee even then upgraded lexi (depending on your bomb and rocket type preference) but lexi is easyer for DOT since all 3 plane types can do it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,925 posts
19,752 battles

You're comparing a stock ship to the 2nd best CV in the game. I think the question kinda answers itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,326 posts
Just now, Yedwy said:

E is better then stock lexi maybee even then upgraded lexi (depending on your bomb and rocket type preference) but lexi is easyer for DOT since all 3 plane types can do it

DOT? Your speaking to a noob here, lol.

 

Shame really as I suspected that the tech tree ships were slightly better than the premium counterparts, of course being a noob I reserve the right to jack crap about any of it, which I why I come to the forums, lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,559 battles

According to our forum Guru the Lexington's AA and secondary battery are far more powerful. ( the CV as a ship ) This is true.

 

Enterprise You will have to do without (cruiser killing ) TiT's  but get pretty hard hitting AP divebombs in return. But this also means you are forced to shoot HVAR's at DD's if that is your cup of tea. Squadrons and reserves are enlarged.

 

Lexington :  You get HE divebombers that are very dangerous to DD, but cause less damage to other ships unless you repeatedly set them on fire. You have the option to mount TiT's that wreck Cruisers. Aircraft have good durability.

 

 

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,326 posts
3 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

You're comparing a stock ship to the 2nd best CV in the game. I think the question kinda answers itself.

Ok let me kinda re phrase the question which out of the two, a fully pimped out Lexi and the Big E, is he best, whats hot and whats not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,380 posts
14,104 battles
1 minute ago, Beastofwar said:

Enterprise You will have to do without (cruiser killing ) TiT's  but get pretty hard hitting AP divebombs in return. But this also means you are forced to shoot HVAR's at DD's if that is your cup of tea. Squadrons and reserves are enlarged.

Big E’s HVAR’s are excellent against all targets. Not even up for debate.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
10,038 posts
11,833 battles
3 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

Ok let me kinda re phrase the question which out of the two, a fully pimped out Lexi and the Big E, is he best, whats hot and whats not?

The one you get most familiar with.

 

Just now, Bear_Necessities said:

Big E’s HVAR’s are excellent against all targets. Not even up for debate.

Except she packs FFARs with only 27mm HE pen. Lady Lex and Midway runs HVARs with 32mm HE pen, which are again rendered moot because TiTs:Smile_smile:

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,559 battles
3 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Except she packs FFARs with only 27mm HE pen. Lady Lex and Midway runs HVARs with 32mm HE pen, which are again rendered moot because TiTs:Smile_smile:

 

That was a short debate.....:Smile_coin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,925 posts
19,752 battles
5 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Except she packs FFARs with only 27mm HE pen.

 

Honestly if E's rockets had 33mm pen they'd be so unbelievably overpowered she'd probably pull ahead of Midway to become the best CV in the game. Even now they tear DDs and most cruisers apart like wet paper.

Case and point:

Spoiler

 

Remember when Buffalo used to have good AA btw?

Yeah, good times.

 

And it's not like that's the only mechanic she has which is literally best in class.

 

10 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

Ok let me kinda re phrase the question which out of the two, a fully pimped out Lexi and the Big E, is he best, whats hot and whats not?

 

Aside from her DBs' reliance on RNG Enterprise is a CV with no mechanical weaknesses. She's a jack of all trades, master of all. It's just that Midway is the same but better thanks to her topkek HE DBs.

Doesn't mean Lexington is bad, Enterprise is just better. If you unlock her full potential that is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,380 posts
14,104 battles
16 minutes ago, Panocek said:

The one you get most familiar with.

 

Except she packs FFARs with only 27mm HE pen. Lady Lex and Midway runs HVARs with 32mm HE pen, which are again rendered moot because TiTs:Smile_smile:

My bad, been a loooooong week. And yes, I’m aware it’s only Wednesday :cap_fainting: 

 

Either way they are excellent. 3 passes and the DD is dead. Consistently do 5-8k dmg on cruisers and BB if you hit that juicy broadside.

 

Lexy HVARS are also solid on all targets. Same reasons and principles as Big E’s rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,380 posts
14,104 battles
13 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

 

That was a short debate.....:Smile_coin:

Thing is, you probably didn’t know that either otherwise you’d have jumped at a chance to correct me.

 

Somtimes it better not to comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,559 battles
1 minute ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Thing is, you probably didn’t know that either otherwise you’d have jumped at a chance to correct me.

 

Somtimes it better not to comment.

 

I admit i didnt know that, learned from that answer too...i am no Guru....happy ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,528 battles
12 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

-snip-

About the replay, what happened at around 1:50? Looked like you wanted to use boosted bailout but didn't.

Otherwise: Now I see why you call BigE so flexible and good. Very poweerful!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,925 posts
19,752 battles
2 minutes ago, Blixies said:

About the replay, what happened at around 1:50? Looked like you wanted to use boosted bailout but didn't.

 

Fighters pursue wings that bail via F, but not ones that bail via attack. So by just attacking open water I was preventing fighters from killing my planes.

Accelerated bailout doesn't really work with RFs anyway because they decelerate way too fast.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,528 battles
10 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

 

Fighters pursue wings that bail via F, but not ones that bail via attack. So by just attacking open water I was preventing fighters from killing my planes.

Accelerated bailout doesn't really work with RFs anyway because they decelerate way too fast.

I see, thank you.
Accelerated bailouted worked for me in training room using Lexington unupgraded rocket planes though.

My previous tests with bailing out in the post-attack phase also indicate that there is indeed no difference in flying at normal speed, using boost to accelerate, or ot deccelerate.
Only thing that matters is using "F" during the time the camera returns to your remianing planes post-attack.
EDIT: The only ime the boosted bailout failed to work was when I kept holding the "W" all the way through the drop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,326 posts
14 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

You're comparing a stock ship to the 2nd best CV in the game. I think the question kinda answers itself.

What is the best CV in game then, just out of interest, I have all the premium ones and it is always a toss u between the kaga, and the big E, both really good ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×