You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HussarKaz

It's a pity that Graf Zeppelin has no Stuka dive bombers

44 comments in this topic

Players
71 posts
387 battles

Dear WG, why GZ is not equipped with Ju-87 Stuka?

It is a pity that GZ has some never-existing paper aircraft while the famous Stuka which sank countless Allied ships is absent.

Okay, Ju-87 is a very slow aircraft for Tier 8, but it could be easily compensated with Ju-87 accuracy and aircraft number in squadron. With famous Ju-87 accuracy it could be a cruiser and destroyer hunter, making the GZ gameplay very interesting.

And the feeling of Stuka diving with its famous horn would be DEFINITELY worth it.

WG, give us Stuka! :Smile_Default:

• Cool 7

[ONE2]
Players
2,613 posts
15,199 battles

I guess that would be only appropriate since she was supposed to carry them in reality too.:cap_old: But hey, then WG happened... :Smile_sceptic:

Aircraft carried:
  • Cool 1

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,320 posts
5,108 battles

Although the atmosfere-entering-comet speed of the bombers has it's benefits when you get used to them, i would like to have a choice......

Would torpedo carrying navalized BF110's and Divebombing navalized Stuka's be something ? The BF109's can stay...or be switched for navalized FW190's

Players
4,607 posts
5,708 battles
5 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Although the atmosfere-entering-comet speed of the bombers has it's benefits when you get used to them, i would like to have a choice......

Would torpedo carrying navalized BF110's and Divebombing navalized Stuka's be something ? The BF109's can stay...or be switched for navalized FW190's

We don't get Bf109s, we get Me155s.

[SM0KE]
Players
2,863 posts
6,686 battles
36 minutes ago, HussarKaz said:

And the feeling of Stuka diving with its famous horn would be DEFINITELY worth it.

A bit of a wander off-topic, but I was slightly disappointed to discover recently that a lot of Stukas lacked the horns - apparently, they caused too much drag...

On the subject in hand, someone on here the other day (thanks again!) drew my attention to the fact that one of the Hippers was to be converted into a CV; that might not be a bad candidate for a T6 premium carrier, and at that tier, Stukas might be suitable...?

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[IRON7]
Players
833 posts
568 battles
4 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

candidate for a T6 premium carrier

No, Verblonde, pls no. Refrain, in future, from giving WoWs any ideas for additional, imho, reworked FARCE CVs (& especially any Lollipops for Suckers).

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SM0KE]
Players
2,863 posts
6,686 battles
Just now, antean said:

No, Verblonde, pls no. Refrain, in future, from giving WoWs any ideas for additional, imho, reworked FARCE CVs.

<chuckle> I don't think they need me for that...!

The ones I'm really dreading are the (historically inevitable) Russian CVs.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
71 posts
387 battles
6 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

<chuckle> I don't think they need me for that...!

oh no xD pls don't give them ideas like that

41 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

I guess that would be only appropriate since she was supposed to carry them in reality too.:cap_old: But hey, then WG happened... :Smile_sceptic:

Aircraft carried:

So maybe "Graf Zeppelin first prototype" or something like that on tier 6, with 109T, Ju-87C and Fi 167 onboard :fish_cute_2:

• Cool 2

[PK11]
Beta Tester
712 posts
10,977 battles
Vor 8 Minuten, Verblonde sagte:

For sure the Soviets had some plans somewhere to build the best carriers in the world with the best planes in the world. So, 2021, the year of the Russian OP CVs?

• Funny 2

Players
71 posts
387 battles
6 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Here's your T6 candidate, perhaps: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_cruiser_Seydlitz

Looks quite nice, anyway it is small and had only 20 (!) aircraft capacity (while for example Ranger had 80) so the squadrons would have to be small as well.

6 minutes ago, Donnerturm said:

For sure the Soviets had some plans somewhere to build the best carriers in the world with the best planes in the world. So, 2021, the year of the Russian OP CVs?

Never-existing Russian OP vehicles, this is exactly the way they ruined WoT...

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,320 posts
5,108 battles
19 minutes ago, Donnerturm said:

Russian aircraft from 1943 on were pretty powerful and at least on par to any German ones. .....I would not mind to see some on a "paper" CV.

But then again an Italian CV seems more realistic,as they at least layed them down and partially constructed them, just like the Graf Zeppelin.

• Bad 1

Weekend Tester
928 posts
4,919 battles

Call me insane, but i think Stukas are under powered at tier 8. I think what Wg doing is fine, because if a German CV line ever comes out, the Stukas would be way more suited for lower tiers like 6.

I do both disagree and agree with their decision of replacing the Stukas with TAs. Disagree because Stukas and historical bla bla and agree because of gameplay.

• Cool 2

Players
71 posts
387 battles
20 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Interesting topic, thanks.

Unfortunately, probably all these carriers are too small for tier 6. In the other hand, they can just rename existing GZ to https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flugzeugträger_B and introduce a new GZ on Tier 6.

Players
4,607 posts
5,708 battles
5 minutes ago, Srle_Vigilante said:

Call me insane, but i think Stukas are under powered at tier 8. I think what Wg doing is fine, because if a German CV line ever comes out, the Stukas would be way more suited for lower tiers like 6.

I do both disagree and agree with their decision of replacing the Stukas with TAs. Disagree because Stukas and historical bla bla and agree because of gameplay.

Ju87 Stukas are as underpowered at T8 as D4A Suiseis are. Yet they work. You just need a different gimmick apart from speed.

• Cool 2

Players
71 posts
387 battles
18 minutes ago, Cagliostro_chan said:

Ju87 Stukas are as underpowered at T8 as D4A Suiseis are. Yet they work. You just need a different gimmick apart from speed.

Indeed - for example extra small aiming circle with little dispersion.

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,320 posts
5,108 battles
3 minutes ago, HussarKaz said:

Indeed - for example extra small aiming circle with little dispersion.

And sirens....they actually will work on the nerves of the divebombed victims.....or is that not a great idea seen the controversy of CV in game already ? :Smile_hiding:

[PK11]
Beta Tester
712 posts
10,977 battles
Vor 3 Minuten, Beastofwar sagte:

And sirens....they actually will work on the nerves of the divebombed victims.....or is that not a great idea seen the controversy of CV in game already ? :Smile_hiding:

Currents sirens are not good enough?

Players
2,682 posts
2,941 battles
1 hour ago, Donnerturm said:

I think they'd just have gotten some under lend/lease, and possibly with US planes as well. 

Russian shipbuilding was not that high in WW2, but hey... they did have enough submarines... :Smile_hiding:

Players
4,779 posts
7,962 battles
2 hours ago, HussarKaz said:

oh no xD pls don't give them ideas like that

So maybe "Graf Zeppelin first prototype" or something like that on tier 6, with 109T, Ju-87C and Fi 167 onboard :fish_cute_2:

Alternate hull with Kaga style complement of 109T and Ju 87 would work... sort of. And maybe Rocket-AP bomb-HE bomb loadout because gimmicks:Smile_smile:

[CLTS]
Players
27 posts
2,405 battles

since the ta152 was a thing they should have went full retard and add the plane that was supposed to be on GZ late war the BV155 fast and an attacker (more so than the fighter ta152 would be... Tho yes FW190 variants were used as ground pounders on more than scarce occasions)

[SM0KE]
Players
2,863 posts
6,686 battles

Given the number of Wehraboos running around, we'll almost certainly get at least a few more German premiums, (with the precedents set by Russian BBs, and Poles in WOT) if not an entire CV tree at some point...

Tier 4: Jade or Elbe

Tier 6: Weser

Tier 8: Flugzeugträger B (the 'other' Graf Zep - give it a sensible name, and a different plane loadout to Gz)

Tier 10: Europa, say, or some napkin project with navalised ME262s, or some nonsense like that.

Hopefully, we're safe for the time being though; once WG have got the Russian BBs out of their system, we have French DDs, and at least three classes of Italians (hopefully) to come, not to mention Pan-Europe, and Pan-South America...

Edit: obviously, some sort of TARDIS type arrangement will be needed in at least one or two cases, to fit a sensible air group in...!

Players
579 posts
73 battles
2 hours ago, HussarKaz said:

Interesting topic, thanks.

Unfortunately, probably all these carriers are too small for tier 6. In the other hand, they can just rename existing GZ to https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flugzeugträger_B and introduce a new GZ on Tier 6.

Shinano was real and there were studies for Impero, Jean Bart, and Iowa I think. Enough to give Lestas bureau of ships inspiration for a GK conversation. If nothing else is available.