You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TycBrum

Back after a couple of years - whats the best changes?

23 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
318 posts
4,773 battles

As the title says, wondering what the best changes are from the last couple of years?  Anything decent to specifically look out for??

[ONE2]
Players
2,613 posts
15,199 battles

Well CV play has changed a lot. Prepare to meet 2 CV's per game most of the time. This may be just temporary though, rework was just released recently. Whether this is a good or a bad thing, of course depends on your personal disposition towards CV's - Relatively bad news for a DD player though.:Smile_amazed:

MOAR radar ships also and different types of torps -> DW torps, the usual which only hit Cruiser, BB & CV and the special (Asashio) which can only hit BB & CV. You can have endless entertainment by watching opposing DW torp-armed DD's trying to torp each other into their smokes. Radar DD's, AA DD's, hydro DD's and of course all that also available to Cruisers and BB's as well.:Smile_Default:

But difficult to say exactly, so give us a clue. What ships or classes did you like to play earlier? :cap_hmm:

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,144 posts
11,248 battles

Hmmm.... best changes?... best? changes....

Well there have been a fair amount of changes but whether or not any of them were good is up for debate.

WG introduced more ridiculous weather effects that serve only to irritate people. (Well me.)

We've had a few new lines, which I guess is a positive.

A load of new premiums, which I guess is typical.

The CV rework, obviously, which has proven to be about as popular as a pork pie in a synagogue.

WG changed the detection mechanics such that your gun bloom drops as soon as you go unspotted which was met with overwhelming approval but, of course, that turned out to be a bug so got removed. They have promised to reinstate it SoonTM but I wouldn't hold your breath.

The playerbase on the whole still leave you wondering how they were even capable of turning on their PC let alone finding the right desktop icon to click. But that's no change, I guess.

I'm sure there are others but I'm bored of this already so...

Oh... Oh... of course the bestest change so far is that you have a really sexy new clan mate :Smile_glasses:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

[K-P-M]
[K-P-M]
Players
414 posts
2,542 battles

My personal favourite: 

Torpedoes are no longer spotted by aircrafts.......just as i got used to using planes for that exact purpose^^

[AAO]
Players
1,925 posts
9,983 battles

The best? There's so many to pick from, but I'd have to say CV-DD interaction.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[-AP-]
Players
962 posts
3,070 battles
52 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

The best? There's so many to pick from, but I'd have to say CV-DD interaction.

Thats the worst change tho...

[AAO]
Players
1,925 posts
9,983 battles
1 hour ago, thiextar said:

Thats the worst change tho...

The sarcasm is weak in you, young padawan.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 6

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,084 posts
3,841 battles

EU players aren't being shafted anymore with ridiculous mission requirements for measly (or non-existing) rewards. And EU players get access to all the missions the other regions get as well. 

Apart from that... Nihilan listed them already.

[ONE2]
Players
2,613 posts
15,199 battles
9 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

EU players aren't being shafted anymore with ridiculous mission requirements for measly (or non-existing) rewards. And EU players get access to all the missions the other regions get as well.

We are no longer oppressed? :cap_wander: YAY! :Smile_trollface:

giphy.gif

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
2,742 posts

Back after a couple of years - whats the best changes?

There is no such thing. It is all personal taste.

Take a look at the game. Try it out and see for yourself if you like it or not.

[U-W]
Players
53 posts
6,663 battles
5 hours ago, TycBrum said:

As the title says, wondering what the best changes are from the last couple of years?  Anything decent to specifically look out for??

Just watch how WG is pulling this game underground. Since the new carrier stuff they fucked up the AA from the other ships. Now when there are enough carriers sold im sure WG is going to make a change again. Just play the game and enjoy the graphics and the historical ships. For the rest keep your money in your pocket .

Players
4,779 posts
7,962 battles

its safe to say you've returned just in time to witness Year of the CVTM :Smile_trollface:

Other than that... rise of battlecruisers, BB sized AP no longer deals full pens on DDs with exception of Harugumo (Akizuki 2xl) and Kebab.

[PK11]
Beta Tester
712 posts
10,977 battles
Vor 9 Stunden, TycBrum sagte:

The captain skills have changed. Instead of 5 levels we have only 4 but more width to chose from.

They have created a new PvE mode called scenarios or operations.

Clans are now a regular thing. Clan Battles replaced the team battles.

Lots of new ships, obviously. The British BBs especially on T9 and T10 have some super HE ammo and super heal.

Flooding mechanism got changed just recently. You can have 2 floodings bow but each deals just a bit more damage than a fire does.

Ships have a much bigger bloom radius when shooting from smoke. BBs cannot stealth fire from smoke anymore. Stealth firing when not using smoke or island cover had been removed from the game.

Players
597 posts
5,843 battles
10 hours ago, TycBrum said:

To re-cap: it's a totally different game from a year or so back. Look out for everything.
Mostly, it's not the fun game you were used to.

• Cool 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,723 posts
14,669 battles

My waifu got added to the game.

Literally.

Spoiler

uvTSsPK.jpg

No, that's not a mod.

Dunno if that's any good to you tho. :Smile_trollface:

[SCRUB]
Players
7,858 posts
10,066 battles
6 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

My waifu got added to the game.

Literally.

Hide contents

uvTSsPK.jpg

No, that's not a mod.

Dunno if that's any good to you tho. :Smile_trollface:

Certainly not if you two find yourselves on opposing sides :cap_rambo:

• Funny 1

[TORCH]
[TORCH]
Beta Tester
487 posts
8,954 battles

Its been so long since theres been a 'best change' i cant help answer your question.

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Alpha Tester
117 posts
6,822 battles

Actually a lot of great changes happened over the years,  such as: removal of stealth firing in open water, nerfing to stealth firing from smoke for larger ships, making advanced fire training (that skill for adding gun firing range) not applicable to CL (so that CA becomes more relevant), making 'sixth sense' free for all (so that BBs have fewer excuses to camp), having a more informative minimap with firing range, ship direction, detectability range, etc. (so that the vanilla client no longer feels handicapped), addition of smoke timers and boundary circles, introduction of new pve content (operations), improvements to antialiasing algorithm so that the riggings on ships are no longer eye-cancers to look at, etc. I must say the game's mechanism does feel a lot more evolved than when it first came out.

That being said, the game also feels more pay-to-win recently due to the introduction of many very competitive high tier premium ships, and the power creep is real. So be prepared to see your old favourites underperforming in the current meta.