You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
cheap_tr1ck

How to Liquidator?

19 comments in this topic

Players
19 posts

I need this achievment for Science of Victory campaign. My first and last liquidator was a random in my Saipan. Carriers are probably the easiest way to get this achievement, but since torpedoes cause flooding in 1/10 hits... This achievment seem like nearly impossible to earn. Any suggestions?

[ONE2]
Players
2,613 posts
15,210 battles

I would rather use a Japanese DD for it (got all my 71 Liquidators this way so far, though now taking a break from DD's to practice Cruisers). Their torps have the highest chance of causing flooding. But you'd still have to sequence your torp firing a bit + a lot of random luck to make sure it floods and dies because of it instead of just repairing it instantly. Also, whichever ship you plan to use mount the Juliet Whiskey Unaone signal to increase the flooding chance.:Smile_Default:

Players
19 posts
4 minutes ago, Steel_duck_1 said:

They are quite random to get. You know you can do the same missions multiple times, right?

Sure.

1 minute ago, RAHJAILARI said:

I would rather use a Japanese DD for it. Their torps have the highest chance of causing flooding.

The Japanese torpedoes have a lot of damage, so I’ll rather kill the ship than get this achievement :Smile_sad:

[ONE2]
Players
2,613 posts
15,210 battles
2 hours ago, cheap_tr1ck said:

The Japanese torpedoes have a lot of damage, so I’ll rather kill the ship than get this achievement :Smile_sad:

Ohh, not a problem... Just fire them at a bigger ship and make sure to miss a few, hehehe! :cap_like:

But more on a serious note tho. Whichever ship is used. It is essential to be observant in order to try and keep track of which enemy ship in your sights has just used its' Repai Party consumable before hitting it again with your torps. You can guess, by observing an enemy ship, which is burning or flooding already suddenly sdto losing HP. This is the correct time to strike, but requires lots of stalking and inhuman patience to pull it off. Personally I never take make achieving objectives the goal of my game, I will just take a random task on, select a ship I might have a chance to accomplish it in - Then blissfully forget all about it and play just as I usually would. It will happen in due course. Those tasks will just become a pain, if you start obsessing about them. :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
2,744 posts
26 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Ohh, not a problem... Just fire them at a bigger ship and make sure to miss a few, hehehe! :cap_like:

That's usually when the enemy maneuvers directly into the full volley and dies nontheless.

[ONE2]
Players
2,613 posts
15,210 battles
4 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

That's usually when the enemy maneuvers directly into the full volley and dies nontheless.

Yeah, I know... Have watched in frustration countless friendly BB's inexplicably turning their full broadsides towards incoming torpedo wall as soon as the torpedo alarm rang off. It never ceases to amaze me though. :cap_wander_2::etc_red_button::cap_horn::fish_boom:

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,310 posts
11,020 battles

Liquidator requires a certain portion of luck.

Once I got a Liquidator (and Witherer) with a single torpedo hit .. though I don't think this would have happened with the current nerfed floodings.

Beta Tester
1,148 posts
8,736 battles
1 hour ago, cheap_tr1ck said:

I need this achievment for Science of Victory campaign. My first and last liquidator was a random in my Saipan. Carriers are probably the easiest way to get this achievement, but since torpedoes cause flooding in 1/10 hits... This achievment seem like nearly impossible to earn. Any suggestions?

To secuence fire your torpsalvos in ships like Shima or torp reload booster Yugumos is a pretty good tip. Get a flood with first wave and then follow up with a new one after they repair.

That said, those DDs are the worst ones to play these days in this heavy DD meta, but its you biggest chance to get the achievement.

Players
4,611 posts
5,708 battles
2 minutes ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

To secuence fire your torpsalvos in ships like Shima or torp reload booster Yugumos is a pretty good tip. Get a flood with first wave and then follow up with a new one after they repair.

That said, those DDs are the worst ones to play these days in this heavy DD meta, but its you biggest chance to get the achievement.

Note that these all stem from a time where Liquidator was earnable by just getting a flood on any ship that had its damage control down, no repair party and 40-60% hp left. With new floods, you basically have to get at least two floods that run for some time. Biggest chance imo would be a CV, where you just repeatedly snipe the bow, then let it flood.

(Also, why is the thumbnail for a Shima game a Perth?)

[-AP-]
Players
962 posts
3,077 battles
1 hour ago, cheap_tr1ck said:

My advice: Forget about the super random missions, just get a load of signals and camos on your ships, and do the credit/xp missions, or other consistent missions such as coming top an x amount of times.

Beta Tester
1,148 posts
8,736 battles
48 minutes ago, Cagliostro_chan said:

Note that these all stem from a time where Liquidator was earnable by just getting a flood on any ship that had its damage control down, no repair party and 40-60% hp left. With new floods, you basically have to get at least two floods that run for some time. Biggest chance imo would be a CV, where you just repeatedly snipe the bow, then let it flood.

(Also, why is the thumbnail for a Shima game a Perth?)

Sure they do but looking at a whole lot of CV games on YT these days where the floodchanse seems a bit low I would still opt for the torp spam/reload booster options, specially at the 5-7 tiers where BBs tent to insta repair 1 fire etc.

I was missing a shima thumbnail for that video so I had to borrow one of WGs wallpaper shots instead. Sometimes you just have to McGyver it! :Smile_Default:

Players
4,611 posts
5,708 battles
2 minutes ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

Sure they do but looking at a whole lot of CV games on YT these days where the floodchanse seems a bit low I would still opt for the torp spam/reload booster options, specially at the 5-7 tiers where BBs tent to insta repair 1 fire etc.

I was missing a shima thumbnail for that video so I had to borrow one of WGs wallpaper shots instead. Sometimes you just have to McGyver it! :Smile_Default:

Take some flooding flags and prioritise the extremities of a ship and you get decent floods. It's typically not what you do, because it's basically going out of your way to maximise flooding damage instead of killing ships fast, but I'd say it's safer than with a DD. In a DD, you are restricted in target selection, reload slower, are easier to counter and the allies might kill the target. With CV, you can just go to some backline camper out of friends, torp them, watch them slowly flood to death, noone can steal that kill.

Players
1,702 posts
11,402 battles
2 hours ago, cheap_tr1ck said:

Play CV. Hits on bow / stern gets a flooding so you just have to aim and get DCP down beforehand.

The times of getting liquidator easily and reliably in DDs  is over

it used to be easily farmable when BBs push your smoked up dd. IJN BBs are best, since dcp is only 5s. Just torp twice with 10 in between and watch even a Yamato sink in 60s

Players
1,156 posts
245 battles
2 hours ago, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

Do it in a CV! ☆

I got the first one after flood nerf in Audacious against a GK! ♡

Good luck! ☆♡☆

*furiously pats smoll and peace*

Also i managed liquidators in my lexi and ranger as well. I think i managed it in my gaede and maasss a few times (dare not play those nowadays)

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
133 posts
8,246 battles
1 hour ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Play CV. Hits on bow / stern gets a flooding so you just have to aim and get DCP down beforehand.

The times of getting liquidator easily and reliably in DDs  is over

it used to be easily farmable when BBs push your smoked up dd. IJN BBs are best, since dcp is only 5s. Just torp twice with 10 in between and watch even a Yamato sink in 60s

IJN battleships' damage control party lasts 10 seconds. One should know this after 11k battles.

• Cool 1

Players
1,702 posts
11,402 battles
50 minutes ago, MMASK said:

IJN battleships' damage control party lasts 10 seconds. One should know this after 11k battles.

Not sitting with a client here but if you say so. In pratical terms it didnt matter, as I always left 10+s seconds between volleys so maybe that is why i dont know.

Wasn't it 5s sometime aoens ago when the game launched? 

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,135 posts
17,731 battles
6 hours ago, cheap_tr1ck said:

I need this achievment for Science of Victory campaign. 

You dont need it. You can repeat just a single task over and over again to get all the stars you need.