Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ShaeVizla

Montana Manuel Anti Air

30 comments in this topic

[ABRA]
[ABRA]
Players
107 posts
7,948 battles

Hello Everyone

I didn't play  Montana for a while now and it seems my manual lock is not working.

My have captain has Manuel control for Anti Air ability, but i can't lock on enemy squarons via using CTRL key.

I have no problem about G.kurfürst though. Her secondaries firing on only locked enemy.

Did they remove the manuel control from Montana or something ?

If they did, why the hell that skill is still standing on captain tree ?

Desktop_Screenshot_2019.04.17_-_11.16.35.50.png

Players
619 posts

If you read the skill discription it says that that Manual AAs boost the effiency of AA-sector.

For me pressing the O-key shows the AA-sector selection.

[SHAFT]
Players
9,890 posts
9,003 battles

Ctrl+click was removed when they reworked the CVs, noone can do it anymore.

Also, Ctrl+click was not enabled by Manual Secondaries/AA, you could/can always do that to Secondaries (and to planes before the rework). But for Secondaries, it doesnt matter unless you have Manual secondaries.

The skill has a description, read what it does :Smile-_tongue: Its probably the best AA skill now.

• Cool 3

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

Manual control for secondries no longer exists, for any ship, since the CV and AA rework with patch 0.8.0.

You now have two sectors of AA and you can reinforce one by pressing the O (the letter, not the number 0) key. The skill now allows you strengthen that reinforced sector even more, so that half the hemisphere around your ship becomes more deadly to planes, while the other side has less AA capablities. This mechanism replaced the ctrl+click we had previously.

• Cool 2

[ABRA]
[ABRA]
Players
107 posts
7,948 battles

Interesting. I read the description. I didn't notice it just strenghten the sectors.

So they have ruined the Montana too. Shame. And it seems it's come with 0.8.0 update hmm.

Thank you everyone.

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts
14 minutes ago, KorbolkoTR said:

So they have ruined the Montana too. Shame.

The Montana isn't ruined in any way. It's AA is still pretty strong.

You might want to take notice that CVs can also no longer kill you in a single strike, as they used to do in the past. They now only ever have one squadron in the air. And even that Squadron can only attack in waves and the damage of their armament has been reduced.

Please don't make a drama out of this..

• Cool 3

[-5D-]
Beta Tester
899 posts

AA is by all means very good, right now i might even test a full anti-air build, just play more aggresive and she will keep her accuracy over shorter distances. Might be worth the amount of CVs out these days.

[ABRA]
[ABRA]
Players
107 posts
7,948 battles
17.04.2019 saat 12:42'de, Egoleter dedi:

The Montana isn't ruined in any way. It's AA is still pretty strong.

You might want to take notice that CVs can also no longer kill you in a single strike, as they used to do in the past. They now only ever have one squadron in the air. And even that Squadron can only attack in waves and the damage of their armament has been reduced.

Please don't make a drama out of this..

I don't wanna argue about it but it's not. I was playing Montana in the past. Old players probably understand me more about it.

When we select the squaron Montana or Iowa doesn't matter usually crash enemy squadron before they arrived you.

I'm not saying it's bad now but it's definitely not used to be.

It's little bit depend on CV players if he or she maneuver his/her planes right on time, they escaping from flak cannon blasts and  strenghten the sectors not working all the time. Especially you rushing alone which most of the players doesn't understand the team play just doing camp on base or behind mountains you can't espace from enemy cv's wrath.

Nevermind thank you all for your answers.

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,130 posts
8,742 battles
On 5/1/2019 at 12:50 PM, KorbolkoTR said:

I don't wanna argue about it but it's not. I was playing Montana in the past. Old players probably understand me more about it.

When we select the squaron Montana or Iowa doesn't matter usually crash enemy squadron before they arrived you.

As an old player I don't fully understand you. Previously you could never prevent a strike, just weaken it. In the current state you can actually prevent strikes or atleast not die instantly from it. It will take longer for a CV to kill you nowadays so you stand a greater chance to drop planes and then prepare for the next strike, where as previously you could be left so crippled it was not even worth trying.

All in all it is pretty much the same, just different. You will not die/ger chunked to below 50% instantly, more death by a thousand cuts.

[ORM]
Players
138 posts
3,757 battles
On 4/17/2019 at 11:07 AM, AgarwaenME said:

tve15212-118-2-0.jpg

?

my thought as well, no wonder they can't hit anything with him in charge 

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts
On 5/1/2019 at 12:50 PM, KorbolkoTR said:

So you want to be immune from airstrikes?

Is it that what you are asking for?

[THESO]
Players
4,091 posts
2 hours ago, StringWitch said:

"Montana Manuel" sounds like a tractor brand.

Or male pr0n star

[ABRA]
[ABRA]
Players
107 posts
7,948 battles
02.05.2019 saat 22:16'de, Egoleter dedi:

So you want to be immune from airstrikes?

Is it that what you are asking for?

Infact i do, American BB's are known as their powerful AA. If Tier 8 CV succesfully launching my torpedos before i crush her planes it's a problem.

I can understand tier X, but with all these upgrades Motana can't stop even tier 8 CV's squarons, then what is it these upgrades for ?

Nevermind thank you for your all answers.

Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,138 battles
13 minutes ago, KorbolkoTR said:

Infact i do, American BB's are known as their powerful AA. If Tier 8 CV succesfully launching my torpedos before i crush her planes it's a problem.

I can understand tier X, but with all these upgrades Motana can't stop even tier 8 CV's squarons, then what is it these upgrades for ?

Nevermind thank you for your all answers.

but what is the cv gonna do if he can't do ANY damage?

Let alone 1 on 1 situations where the cv just has to "win" by sinking the last unharmed enemy montana that was sailing around the border behind the enemy base all game?

[ABRA]
[ABRA]
Players
107 posts
7,948 battles
25 dakika önce, Miessa3 dedi:

but what is the cv gonna do if he can't do ANY damage?

Let alone 1 on 1 situations where the cv just has to "win" by sinking the last unharmed enemy montana that was sailing around the border behind the enemy base all game?

Well he can attack other ships which has low or moderate air ability. But like i said American BB's are known as their powerful Anti air capability.

For example. Minatour has massive anti air capability. You can't get close to him even with tier X. I'm not saying Minatour and Montana should be same but she should have defence herself from enemy squadrons.

Sometimes i'm attacking Montana 3 rounds with my Implacable and Montana can't kill my squadrons. 

Most of the players are angry about it. Which i see i don't know. 

WG should increase the power of Montana Anti Air ability.

Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,138 battles
32 minutes ago, KorbolkoTR said:

Well he can attack other ships which has low or moderate air ability. But like i said American BB's are known as their powerful Anti air capability.

For example. Minatour has massive anti air capability. You can't get close to him even with tier X. I'm not saying Minatour and Montana should be same but she should have defence herself from enemy squadrons.

Sometimes i'm attacking Montana 3 rounds with my Implacable and Montana can't kill my squadrons. 

Most of the players are angry about it. Which i see i don't know. 

WG should increase the power of Montana Anti Air ability.

In this game every ship has the chance to damage and eventualy sink any other ship in their MM bracket if the player manages to outplay the enemy. Why should CVs be an exception?

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,264 posts
24,239 battles
On 4/17/2019 at 12:26 PM, DFens_666 said:

Its probably the best AA skill now.

Not really, the AA aura stays the same, if you set it right it does more damage when planes are coming (which they can dodge however) but less leaving (they can t dodge what they don t see), on the first run and you can not maneuver to keep them in the sector because you will show broaside to enemy ships. So it works badly. I would say is the worst skill that you can get for 4 points. 

For only 1 point, you can take the +1 fighter skill, which will add +25% to your fighter planes. Is the best and cheapest AA skill. 

[SHAFT]
Players
9,890 posts
9,003 battles
4 minutes ago, 22cm said:

Not really, the AA aura stays the same, if you set it right it does more damage when planes are coming (which they can dodge however) but less leaving (they can t dodge what they don t see), on the first run and you can not maneuver to keep them in the sector because you will show broaside to enemy ships. So it works badly. I would say is the worst skill that you can get for 4 points.  

For only 1 point, you can take the +1 fighter skill, which will add +25% to your fighter planes. Is the best and cheapest AA skill. 

Well, i didnt consider the fighter skill, was only comparing BFT/AFT/M-AA.

AFT is really horseshit, i would never take it for AA anymore. BFT is ok, but M-AA is better, especially if you have good AA to begin with (and defAA). Just need to be able to switch the sector in time if the CV is attacking you.

And M-AA increases DPS, so cant dodge that :Smile-_tongue:

[DEFR]
[DEFR]
Players
1,266 posts
On 4/17/2019 at 10:36 AM, Egoleter said:

Manual control for secondries no longer exists

I think you mean Manual Control for AA, not Secondary. Manual Control for Secondary still works, I use it on my Jean Bart

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,264 posts
24,239 battles
10 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

M-AA increases DPS, so cant dodge that :Smile-_tongue:

No, the sum of AA stays the same, is just distributed differently. Is not a real increase like 10% for  BFT or +1 plane. 

[SHAFT]
Players
9,890 posts
9,003 battles
7 minutes ago, 22cm said:

No, the sum of AA stays the same, is just distributed differently. Is not a real increase like 10% for  BFT or +1 plane. 

Yeah, i wrote that a bit weirdly maybe. But since the continous damage gets applied faster, basicly you get more DPS - and you still cant dodge that :Smile_Default:

Sign in to follow this