Sign in to follow this  
Panzergefahr

Can´t set pathways for my Graf Zeppelin squadrons

6 comments in this topic

Players
17 posts
2,854 battles

I have watched several videos that shows that you shall be able to mark out at the minimap where you want a specific squadron to fly. But even if I repeatedly hammer on for example the 2 button for torpedo bombers and point out at the map where I want them to go the damn air carrier is the only unit that is affected and gets a new path. This makes me furious because I have really done everything now but the squadrons are only affected by manually steering them in front of me :Smile-angry: 

[AAO]
Players
1,546 posts
20,788 battles

That is pre 8.0

WG made a whole big song and dance about introducing the new CV gameplay quite a while ago.

No idea how you missed that.

Last point: If you already asked your question in another, related thread don't open a new one -.-

It's answered over there as well.

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles

Steering airplanes manually is a chore, having to avoid AA ships, spotting new targets and having to re-prioritise them, avoid fighters, good grief what do WG expect from us, a computer desk is meant to put your feet up on and relax!!

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[AAO]
Players
1,546 posts
20,788 battles

Look, he genuinely didn't know about the changes and that setting the course on the map/main screen is no longer the correct option.

No need to accuse him of being lazy in the new system, you're missing the point.

• Cool 1

[DEFR]
[DEFR]
Players
1,266 posts
On 4/16/2019 at 10:28 PM, Panzergefahr said:

I have watched several videos that shows that you shall be able to mark out at the minimap where you want a specific squadron to fly

That's not an option to do now with the CV rework.

[SM0KE]
Players
5,541 posts
13,828 battles
On 4/16/2019 at 5:28 PM, Panzergefahr said:

I have watched several videos that shows that you shall be able to mark out at the minimap where you want a specific squadron to fly. But even if I repeatedly hammer on for example the 2 button for torpedo bombers and point out at the map where I want them to go the damn air carrier is the only unit that is affected and gets a new path. This makes me furious because I have really done everything now but the squadrons are only affected by manually steering them in front of me :Smile-angry: 

As others have said, it's the rework.

Whether you prefer the old or new game-play will be a matter of personal taste (I liked the old, but was rubbish at it; the new is starting to grow on me); suggest this might be a good place to start with, to help get familiar with the new arrangements: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/content/guides/vehicles-carriers/ Edit: no it isn't - looks like WG haven't updated their own site yet!

This is probably of more use: 

Sign in to follow this