You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bear_Necessities

Fellow DD players...

112 comments in this topic

[NWP]
Players
1,040 posts
9,874 battles

Dear fellow DD players. Yes, CV's are not fun to be up against. Yes, there is an unbalance in the force that we haven't seen in a long time. But, and a big but...

THIS DOES NOT EXCUSE YOU FROM MAKING MULTIPLE MISTAKES AND BLAMING CV's!

Yes, you are making it damn near impossible to defend DD play against CV's when game after game DD players potato, make critical mistakes then blame it on others. Own up to your god damn errors. This game, the one attached was a pretty standard game, that i'm seeing all the time, daily, not just weekends. Wasn't a super quick steamroll, wasn't a super unicum division steaming the map, no OP ships, not a top tier "seal club session" (not that it exists) or even a low teir seal club session. It was only 1 CV per team so can't use the excuse of doubles CV's being to much.

Yet the DD's on the red team especially make it damn near impossible to defend on the forum. Watch it, you'll see. Sitting slow by an island after being spotted and hit once, that's a DB dropping. Trying to take a cap solo with 0 support or allies close by against a DD and CV's?? That's a DB dropping. Smoking up then leaving the :etc_swear: smoke to get spotted again and focused down, that's a DB dropping. You get the picture yet? And before anyone calls me a CV lover etc etc. As I've said many many times I'm a DD main, a bloody good one who worked hard to get there. Who own up to mistakes made, yes, I can potato like the best of them, I just don't blame it on others to hide my short comings. Ohhh and look who topped the board, a DD with a brain... shocking. 

Learn the basics, learn the new meta. Own your mistakes and learn from them. Then you'll have credibility when calling out WG on this.... this whatever it is they have unleashed. 

Replay Link below

https://replayswows.com/replay/47164#stats

DD players learn the basics.png

• Cool 22
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Players
127 posts
7,909 battles

Imagine then players actually use their brains and team up.... like gearing+worcester covering each other.... And if the 3rd ship joins this group - boy your planes are going down fast....

[NWP]
Players
1,040 posts
9,874 battles
Just now, Sugertukas said:

Imagine then players actually use their brains and team up.... like gearing+worcester covering each other.... And if the 3rd ship joins this group - boy your planes are going down fast....

Yup, which is totally acceptable if if I potato into the AA bubble over and over and over again.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Players
816 posts
13,125 battles

A few days ago when i started playing CVs i experienced this:

1. almost every time bottom tier

2. enemy ships traveling in blobs around the map

3. when i found an enemy DD and tried to attack him, there was always a DM/Mino/Wurster close by but undetected

Game after game i scored sub 20k damage. I am a new CV player, but i thought i was exceptionally bad.

In the last 2 days MM was more nice to me and the enemy ships did not form a big blob.

The DDs went solo to get the caps fast...only to die fast.

BTW: there seem to be some Akatsuki players speccing for AA. Gave me some nasty surprises. I care for the AA burst of IJN DDs noww.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,858 posts
10,066 battles
41 minutes ago, Sugertukas said:

Yeah, screw that.

Don't want no sissy cruisers stealing all my aircraft kills. Those are mine, MINE ALONE! MY PRRRECIOUS!!!

• Funny 7

[XTREM]
Players
297 posts
9,376 battles

The times sure have changed, I tell ya

At some point BBabies made way for DDiapers as the number 1 criers :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 3

Alpha Tester
1,863 posts
5,458 battles
14 hours ago, Miragetank90 said:

The times sure have changed, I tell ya

At some point BBabies made way for DDaipers as the number 1 criers :Smile_trollface:

Except that one of those groups had (and still has) valid complaints while the other is still harping on about "issues" from closed beta. At least flooding is less dangerous now so I wonder what they will complain about next. Map edges being unfair, maybe? :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[TF57]
Players
39 posts
5,027 battles

First thing I do now in a DD is look behind me to see what cruisers I've got for support then 3/4 speed to the cap, always keeping a nice distance between me and the CL/CAs, once I know where the planes are I then scout ahead more. 

Mistakes I keep making, changing zones turns your AA on, whoops that's you detected. Or going straight from one game to another and forgetting to turn your AA off at the start, whoops that's you detected again.

I'll learn the hard way.... 

• Cool 2

Weekend Tester
928 posts
4,919 battles

A carrier thread that actually doesn't bash the new CVs because the players are incable of leaving the old meta behind and keep yoloing?

Im in shock....

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[XTREM]
Players
297 posts
9,376 battles
38 minutes ago, Kartoffelmos said:

Except that one of those groups had (and still has) valid complaints while the other is stuck in still harping on about "issues" from closed beta. At least flooding is less dangerous now so I wonder what they will complain about next. Map edges being unfair, maybe? :Smile_trollface:

I may be a BB main, but I can't speak for us all :Smile_trollface:

nerf map edges

• Funny 1

[TF57]
Players
39 posts
5,027 battles
3 minutes ago, Srle_Vigilante said:

A carrier thread that actually doesn't bash the new CVs because the players are incable of leaving the old meta behind and keep yoloing?

Im in shock....

Exactly, and with the amount of kaga's, graf Z's, enterprise's and Saipan's I've seen over the past couple of days WG must be well happy with the meta/profits.

However, that does make tier 6-9 more difficult due to the amount of premiums, making 2x CVs per team more common, but not impossible.

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,423 posts
9,417 battles
2 hours ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Dear fellow DD players. Yes, CV's are not fun to be up against. Yes, there is an unbalance in the force that we haven't seen in a long time. But, and a big but...

THIS DOES NOT EXCUSE YOU FROM MAKING MULTIPLE MISTAKES AND BLAMING CV's!

You witness a couple of games where dd's made mistakes (which is debatable because it may have been a mistake in your eyes but not his so who is right?) and now think that those specific players will be reading the forums and not only this, but now it applies in a general sense?

DD gameplay in a general has been degraded badly by cv's, specifically the fact that many games are dominated by two cv's each side. Take it too that given your argument we can also argue that many cv's make mistakes, so how do we possibly know that those games you witnessed the cv's weren't the ones making the mistake? It's all very very very subjective isn't it and a totally one-sided dubious argument?

The more accurate rule is no-one should blame anyone until they themselves are sure they have a clean rep relating to the situation and that they too made no mistakes, whether related or unrelated to the issue at hand.

Otherwise, I call fake news :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 4

[HOUSE]
Players
264 posts
5,022 battles
1 hour ago, martin035 said:

Mistakes I keep making, changing zones turns your AA on, whoops that's you detected. Or going straight from one game to another and forgetting to turn your AA off at the start, whoops that's you detected again.

This can be fixed/disabled in settings, just a tip that will make your life ALOT easier! :cap_rambo:

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Players
1,040 posts
9,874 battles
26 minutes ago, Shaka_D said:

You witness a couple of games where dd's made mistakes (which is debatable because it may have been a mistake in your eyes but not his so who is right?) and now think that those specific players will be reading the forums and not only this, but now it applies in a general sense?

DD gameplay in a general has been degraded badly by cv's, specifically the fact that many games are dominated by two cv's each side. Take it too that given your argument we can also argue that many cv's make mistakes, so how do we possibly know that those games you witnessed the cv's weren't the ones making the mistake? It's all very very very subjective isn't it and a totally one-sided dubious argument?

The more accurate rule is no-one should blame anyone until they themselves are sure they have a clean rep relating to the situation and that they too made no mistakes, whether related or unrelated to the issue at hand.

Otherwise, I call fake news :Smile-_tongue:

A few games?? It's nearly all of them. And they are mistakes. Watch the replay. I linked it for a reason. And there will be CV mistakes, I made one in this game, wasted time chasing a shadow that wasn't there. Seems the point is to complex for you and went mile high over you. 

I can comment reliably on good DD play because I'm a very good DD player. If that's not good enough for you clearly nothing will be. Go ahead, look away from glaring errors and cry it's always someone else fault. That's your choice. 

• Boring 3

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,423 posts
9,417 battles
23 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

A few games?? It's nearly all of them. And they are mistakes. Watch the replay. I linked it for a reason. And there will be CV mistakes, I made one in this game, wasted time chasing a shadow that wasn't there. Seems the point is to complex for you and went mile high over you. 

I can comment reliably on good DD play because I'm a very good DD player. If that's not good enough for you clearly nothing will be. Go ahead, look away from glaring errors and cry it's always someone else fault. That's your choice. 

One game is a measurement of very little in terms of trends so that moots your point with your replay, it's merely one sample and too little to be anything meaningful. Also, I have witnessed more bb players complaining about cv players making mistakes and not protecting their bb's - in fact more so than I've seen dd players complaining. Does that make me right and you wrong, or are you still right? Subjective....isn't it. Further, the only complaint I've witnessed recently between dd and cv's are because its currently hard to play dd's were so many cv's in the game and planes flying about, not so much about 'mistakes' but rather about mechanics and mm.

I understand your pov aims to neutralise the seemingly one sided complaints against cv's but really man, you cant go around establishing generalisations based on minuscule and subjective experiences. Everyone makes mistakes, dd's cv's etc etc etc. The problem with the game is the cv / dd gameplay aspect.....not so much the people commanding the classes...the people just get in the way - they are in-between. Every single one of us makes mistakes in almost every single game.....a lot of time its luck of the draw too. I've seen many players get angry with each other no matter the class of ship, its mostly down to being sore losers, but as for the amount of cv's and dd gameplay, well that goes beyond subjective experiences, but only really in terms of numbers of cv's in each game.

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Players
1,040 posts
9,874 battles
50 minutes ago, Shaka_D said:

One game is a measurement of very little in terms of trends so that moots your point with your replay, it's merely one sample and too little to be anything meaningful. Also, I have witnessed more bb players complaining about cv players making mistakes and not protecting their bb's - in fact more so than I've seen dd players complaining. Does that make me right and you wrong, or are you still right? Subjective....isn't it. Further, the only complaint I've witnessed recently between dd and cv's are because its currently hard to play dd's were so many cv's in the game and planes flying about, not so much about 'mistakes' but rather about mechanics and mm.

I understand your pov aims to neutralise the seemingly one sided complaints against cv's but really man, you cant go around establishing generalisations based on minuscule and subjective experiences. Everyone makes mistakes, dd's cv's etc etc etc. The problem with the game is the cv / dd gameplay aspect.....not so much the people commanding the classes...the people just get in the way - they are in-between. Every single one of us makes mistakes in almost every single game.....a lot of time its luck of the draw too. I've seen many players get angry with each other no matter the class of ship, its mostly down to being sore losers, but as for the amount of cv's and dd gameplay, well that goes beyond subjective experiences, but only really in terms of numbers of cv's in each game.

Man the original point really did go over head. Shame. Ohh well. I think I can move on from that. 

And look at @Beastofwar shadowing all my comments across the threads. Did you get offended that I’m doing well in CV’s and that I’m also defending that class you love so much? Awwww did dums. You confused little chap.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2

Players
2,165 posts

Basic human psychology, the vast majority of people flat out refuse to admit when they're wrong, no matter how many times they're proven wrong and some get so upset when proven wrong they turn violent or at the very least stupidly self defensive.

This is a PvP game so the above is hugely focused with the pwn happy, miserable if beaten types to whom admitting fault is a worse sin than suicide bombing a school bus full of nursery kids. You're being ludicrously over optimistic thinking the majority of players would ever admit fault no matter what evidence you ram up their nose.

[NWP]
Players
1,933 posts
12,769 battles

All your screenshots shows me is a clanmate in tier VIII CV being outplayed by tier VII DD. Try harder dude (to BeastofWar, plz note the "joking nature" of my comment before upvoting it).

I agree with your sentiment that DDs should still play good and not put everything on "there's a CV in game so I died". A statement that's so untrue, I agree.

That being said, the balance is very skewed; a CV has a skillfull way around your flak (the only defense against planes on top of you) and you as a DD player have no means to skillfully use your AA. That annoys me.

It forces my DD to stay a lot closer to the fleet than I'd like, and with the current camping meta, often leading to me sitting very far in the back because temas refuse to move away from an island. So yeah, a very messed up meta and ppl will complain about this and they will blame CVs.

I agree with them in the sense that ever since they introduced these reworked CVs meta has shifted a lot to this camping style. So yeah, CVs ruin DD gameplay on a meta level. Only good CVs however will ruin your actual game (a bad one will just die to your flak / ignore you alltogether ).

• Cool 5

Players
805 posts
8,491 battles

9 hours ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Learn the basics, learn the new meta. Own your mistakes and learn from them. Then you'll have credibility when calling out WG on this.... this whatever it is they have unleashed. 

I will just point out that lot of those mistakes are mistakes only because extreme broken nature of the new CV.

CV is better in every "Normal" class specific strenghts, than specialaiced classes designed for those streghts. CV is way better DD than a DD, it massivley beats CA/CL in being universal (and also being better AA ship) and they are better damage dealers than BBs.

Lot of those "mistakes" comes from inevitability of the outcome. Yes, smoking up and then leaving that smoke is a mistake, but will not leaving it would have really changed the outcome of the thing is questionable.

29 minutes ago, 159Hunter said:

I agree with them in the sense that ever since they introduced these reworked CVs meta has shifted a lot to this camping style. So yeah, CVs ruin DD gameplay on a meta level. Only good CVs however will ruin your actual game (a bad one will just die to your flak / ignore you alltogether ).

DDs only being capable of moving around with large host of AA cruisers in tow, defeats the purpose of DDing in the first place.

• Cool 3

[ADRIA]
Players
456 posts
11,457 battles

CVs are perfectly balanced comrade. You should all sail in blobs! 12 Ships sailing as one.

Crossfire? That's a thing of the past. Flanking? We don't do that here. DDs doing forward scouting? No need, we have CVs.

We were wrong all this time, it's not that CVs need to go from this game, it's DDs. There is no use for them anymore.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[THROW]
Players
661 posts
21,439 battles

DDs are whining about being perma spotted whilst having their aa on. Seems like dd players are the new BBabies 

• Boring 3

[OCTO]
Players
876 posts
16,533 battles
1 hour ago, mariouus said:

DDs only being capable of moving around with large host of AA cruisers in tow, defeats the purpose of DDing in the first place.

Or as @Quickr said: 

Spoiler

CVs are perfectly balanced comrade. You should all sail in blobs! 12 Ships sailing as one.

Crossfire? That's a thing of the past. Flanking? We don't do that here. DDs doing forward scouting? No need, we have CVs.

We were wrong all this time, it's not that CVs need to go from this game, it's DDs. There is no use for them anymore.

Thank you!!! This is what I was trying to say in another thread. No excuse for dumb DD play (as @Bear_Necessities points out), but certainly, the role of DD diminished. 

Where are you now @ColonelPete  to preach to all these posters in this thread (some of them very good players) that they should L2P? Off-topic, seeing that you are expert on posting and have far more posts than games, how do you multi-quote text in one post?