Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
22cm

There is a new SF movie posted on WoWS site, go watch it!

26 comments in this topic

Players
103 posts
4,313 battles

All it needed was an aerial formation of pigs* accompanying the glorious naval/air offensive and it would probably get a thumbs up from me...

*Terms and Conditions Apply - Pigs are only capable of unassisted flight when assisted by copious doses of Communism. 

[SM0KE]
Players
2,863 posts
6,686 battles

<Wanders off to look at the news site>

Oh gods, this is all going to get *really* embarrassing, isn't it? How is this level of Tiny Willy Syndrome even possible when you're the country that produced the Red Army...?!

• Funny 3

Players
1,148 posts
245 battles
5 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Didn't know WG was that much into fanfiction.

WoWs animu when? :Smile_trollface:

Maybe us forumite can star in it and the adventures we have in the forums!

Either way im gonna watch this to see how good it is.

Beta Tester
933 posts

personally I'm really looking forward for the release of the Soviet Battleships because it means that with the exception of Soviet Carriers(that irrespective of the denials you know will come at some point)we can focus now on nations like Italy and perhaps a Pan-European American Commonwealth lines that will contain interesting ships from nations that actually an historical context  

• Cool 4

[SM0KE]
Players
2,863 posts
6,686 battles

Since there seems to be an enthusiasm to try and out-do the actual real-life naval powers with this fantasy Russian stuff, one wonders what they'll do to try and top Churchill's noted quote on the subject of the Royal Navy's traditions...?

• Cool 1

[YEEET]
Players
1,217 posts
11,876 battles

It is obviously important that the younger generation know the contribution the Soviet Navy made in the Great Patriotic War. The problem will be that they think that this film is at least partly true. Russia was the major contributor and indeed victim of WW2 and suffered immensely and fought superbly. They do not need fantasy to show that. They also had superb tanks and aircraft designed by geniuses and without them the war would have been a very different affair. But from memory, the Axis capital ships were sunk by other countries. The Russians in the Baltic  sank 2 German destroyers and some smaller boats, 2 liners, one of which was a hospital ship which was sunk with the loss of 9400 lives and an unarmed neutral Swedish fishing boat.

By the way, I did think the film was a superb production.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
933 posts
35 minutes ago, triumphgt6 said:

It is obviously important that the younger generation know the contribution the Soviet Navy made in the Great Patriotic War. The problem will be that they think that this film is at least partly true. Russia was the major contributor and indeed victim of WW2 and suffered immensely and fought superbly. They do not need fantasy to show that. They also had superb tanks and aircraft designed by geniuses and without them the war would have been a very different affair. But from memory, the Axis capital ships were sunk by other countries. The Russians in the Baltic  sank 2 German destroyers and some smaller boats, 2 liners, one of which was a hospital ship which was sunk with the loss of 9400 lives and an unarmed neutral Swedish fishing boat.

By the way, I did think the film was a superb production.

A number of years ago when the Soviet Navy was first introduced the claim was made by WG that the Soviet Navy sank more boats than all the other navies combined during WW2, I guessing this would have to have included all kinds of things mostly rowboat sized but they had figures to back it up

• Funny 5

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,129 posts
17,731 battles
2 hours ago, BlueMoon51 said:

Soviet Carriers(that irrespective of the denials you know will come at some point)

When Soviet carriers will come, they will have the fastest planes and secondaries that can shoot across the map. 

And, of course, the tier 10  will have Moskva/Stalingrad hull and bow, so it will be able to tank bow-on like a boss. 

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
2,863 posts
6,686 battles
26 minutes ago, 22cm said:

When Soviet carriers will come, they will have the fastest planes and secondaries that can shoot across the map. 

And, of course, the tier 10  will have Moskva/Stalingrad hull and bow, so it will be able to tank bow-on like a boss. 

Is historical inevitability, comrade!

[SCRUB]
Players
7,858 posts
10,066 battles
1 hour ago, 22cm said:

Kiev class would be just about good enough for tier VIII with a couple softstat buffs, don't you guys think?

[SCRUB]
Players
682 posts
12,660 battles
21 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Kiev class would be just about good enough for tier VIII with a couple softstat buffs, don't you guys think?

Nah, I want Admiral Kuznetsov. :cat_cool:

In all seriousness though, if you look at it purely from a fantasy perspective, the clip is quite good. CGI is on point, sound design is great (wouldn't it be nice if the game actually looked and sounded like this?) and the overall style is reminiscent of WW2 Soviet posters (which was probably the goal) 

And I'm not made of stone, the ending kinda got to me 

Still, I think that "Wait for me" remains my favorite 

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,097 posts
7,622 battles
1 minute ago, Freyr_90 said:

Nah, I want Admiral Kuznetsov. :cat_cool:

Her gimmick: continuous smoke screen :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[-MM]
Weekend Tester
134 posts
3,112 battles

This is a far better vid. Long, at 45 mins, but deeply amusing and the channel is excellent

Beta Tester
2,255 posts
2,948 battles

I may be a minority here, but I actually liked it.

Not going to claim it had any basis in reality of course.

[JRM]
Players
1,551 posts
15,081 battles
12 hours ago, 22cm said:

And 400mm armor deck :Smile_trollface:

Oh not to forget guided SAMs

[OCTO]
Players
876 posts
16,533 battles
10 hours ago, _Dunc_ said:

This is a far better vid. Long, at 45 mins, but deeply amusing and the channel is excellent

Not sure if one should laugh or cry... Unbelievable incompetence! 

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,084 posts
3,841 battles

I like the style of the video, but then again, the WG-video team is REALLY good in their field, often delivering cinema-worthy shortfilms. 

But calling it "The Honor and Glory of the Soviet Navy" for a branch of ships that, bar one, never left the slipway or even the pencil-stage is... yeah... ironically fitting for a surface-fleet that is "known" for not doing a lot except for blundering into minefields.

• Cool 3

Sign in to follow this