You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Mr_Snoww

fix your crashes WG

11 comments in this topic

[THROW]
Players
865 posts
23,246 battles

just lost a game because my div mate crashed to desktop at the start and then later on in the game during a critical moment i got a critical error. this is happening far too often to be acceptable. what on earth is going on? and i know its a problem at WGs end because theres absolutely loads of people reporting the same issue. @MrConway @Crysantos

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

Did you already contact support or are you just ranting?

How are they supposed to fix things if you don't provide more details about the crash?

"Yeah, sorry. We used bad code previously, but now it's all good code and crashes will no longer happen." Is that how you imagine programming works?

• Cool 5

[THROW]
Players
865 posts
23,246 battles
1 minute ago, Egoleter said:

Did you already contact support or are you just ranting?

How are they supposed to fix things if you don't provide more details about the crash?

"Yeah, sorry. We used bad code previously, but now it's all good code and crashes will no longer happen." Is that how you imagine programming works?

well maybe if they used a proper engine these crashes wouldnt happen. also why are you being so confrontational. is it fun for you?

[G-S-W]
[G-S-W]
Players
1,213 posts
4,999 battles

You want them to improve but don't support any information on what to improve....

Perhaps your boss should tell you next time "you f***ed up. Next time you're fired." Whilst you are Just standing there Not knowing what you did wrong.......

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts
3 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

well maybe if they used a proper engine these crashes wouldnt happen. also why are you being so confrontational. is it fun for you?

I'm being so confrontational because I only see an accusation made but no proof, no effort to provide details, nothing. As you are not helping anyone, not even yourself, due to that lack of information, this thread obviously serves no constructive purpose.

• Cool 3

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,924 posts
19,752 battles
Just now, Mr_Snoww said:

Programming a new engine easily takes several years.

Porting an entire game to a new engine is equally time consuming.

Aka this game would receive no updates for several years if you want it to run on a new engine.

[THROW]
Players
865 posts
23,246 battles
9 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

I'm being so confrontational because I only see an accusation made but no proof, no effort to provide details, nothing. As you are not helping anyone, not even yourself, due to that lack of information, this thread obviously serves no constructive purpose.

its a gamecrash and we know it has been happening to everyone. no proof needed. this thread is simply to put pressure to fix it

• Boring 1

[CMP]
Weekend Tester
602 posts
4,948 battles
3 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

Well .... I've only had crash to desktop on two separate days in the last 4 years ......

So unless you provide a teensy bit more information on what happened, what specs your comp has etc. etc (you know, the stuff you generally send in with the support request) I'm gonna go with "it all works perfectly"

Mr Conway and Chrysantos won't be able to help you with this. They have a support department for that.

But when in doubt:

Don't use addons.

Update drivers.

If it persist, reinstall the game ( i know that's a pain)

[THROW]
Players
865 posts
23,246 battles
11 minutes ago, Hummus said:

Well .... I've only had crash to desktop on two separate days in the last 4 years ......

So unless you provide a teensy bit more information on what happened, what specs your comp has etc. etc (you know, the stuff you generally send in with the support request) I'm gonna go with "it all works perfectly"

Mr Conway and Chrysantos won't be able to help you with this. They have a support department for that.

But when in doubt:

Don't use addons.

Update drivers.

If it persist, reinstall the game ( i know that's a pain)

yeh i already did all that multiple times. its on their end. 

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts
13 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

its a gamecrash and we know it has been happening to everyone. no proof needed. this thread is simply to put pressure to fix it

I had exactly one crash to desktop in my 3 years of WoWs. That was more then a year ago.

So no, it is not happening to everyone and proof that the fault is WG is needed. Or data to help them fix it if the fault is with them. You are providing neither.

• Cool 1

WG Staff
3,368 posts
14,270 battles
On 4/16/2019 at 4:17 PM, Mr_Snoww said:

just lost a game because my div mate crashed to desktop at the start and then later on in the game during a critical moment i got a critical error. this is happening far too often to be acceptable. what on earth is going on? and i know its a problem at WGs end because theres absolutely loads of people reporting the same issue. @MrConway @Crysantos

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you had this incident but please don't assume that it's automatically the client's issue, there are many unrelated reasons that might lead to a game crash. Please provide us with a WGCheck after a client crash, then we can look into potential issues for that crash and check whether it's on our side or yours - and find a fix for it.

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 1