Server Restart - 30 October, 05:00 UTC Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_BigRed__

Well done Wargames !!!

21 comments in this topic

[GURKA]
Players
139 posts
14,843 battles

Dear Wargames,

Congratulations on your epic effort to ruin what was a game of tactics and planning. You Nerfed my Yeuyang bercause it supposedly cause too much damage.... yet are totally blind to the complaints of all dd players !!

Just had my team annihilated by a CV. The player has been hidden but the clear OP characteristics of the cv are clear to see in his stats. Hence why do I even bother playing this game anymore as my litlle Z-52 cant do SFA to counter this..

The only wise solution for me is to finish the current Premium account days that I have and find another game which respects is player base. After all we pay your wages.

Good day

image.thumb.png.a4ce27ce6b3f22d6e21ec6f0bd0c907e.png

• Cool 12
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Beta Tester
417 posts
8,439 battles
7 minutes ago, BigRed_Potato said:

OP characteristics of the cv are clear to see in his stats.

So? You ran into one of the better CV Players on the EU server and this proves what? I too can post leaderboard stats of BB / CA players with similar results. Can we nerf those aswell?

• Cool 1

[-TAP-]
Players
301 posts
8,167 battles
4 minutes ago, Namuras said:

So? You ran into one of the better CV Players on the EU server and this proves what? I too can post leaderboard stats of BB / CA players with similar results. Can we nerf those aswell?

Indeed, @namuras is right - it would also be just as easy to find people who, say, barely scrape 28k damage in the Midway.  By the OPs logic could we then demand that it gets a major buff? 

[SM0KE]
Players
5,628 posts
13,906 battles
Just now, Pandafaust said:

By the OPs logic could we then demand that it gets a major buff?

Have a look at my stats - it's very obvious to me that CVs need major buffs...!

(It's not that I'm a driveling buffoon in them or anything, oh no...)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Beta Tester
417 posts
8,439 battles
6 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

If it helps, some WG guy wrote that in the RU forums :cap_popcorn:

Tho that seem to reference spotting... not direkt damage done.

Edit: i would support a change to spotting via planes in randoms. in my experience those rarely shoot the DD anyways.

[G-S-W]
[G-S-W]
Players
1,213 posts
4,999 battles
Vor 2 Minuten, Verblonde sagte:

We should just take my stats as a basic level for buffing. Every ship gets buffed, playerbase completely satisfied, no one complaining anymore. What a wonderrful world^^

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[-TAP-]
Players
301 posts
8,167 battles
1 minute ago, Verblonde said:

(It's not that I'm a driveling buffoon in them or anything, oh no...)

To be fair, you could do the same with mine for Battleships. I just can't get the hang of them at all, whereas I find DDs, Cruisers and CVs pretty comfortable to play. :cap_hmm:

• Cool 3

[SHAFT]
Players
9,877 posts
9,003 battles
1 minute ago, Namuras said:

Tho that seem to reference spotting... not direkt damage done.

Imo that would already make a big difference, because when i play a Cruiser, i could assist DDs with AA easier, since i wouldnt need to worry about getting blapped by a BB from across the map.

Players
47 posts

Well i am a DD and CV player and i think that CV is too overpowered these days. The objective is achieved - aircraft carriers are a popular class now. Time to nerf them to death!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

Players
3,329 posts

My stats are the worst of everyone according to this site 

https://wows-numbers.com/player/501423319,NoobySkooby/?type=solo

I admit they are horrendously bad, but then I never quite understand then, they have me down as a super unicom In the Enterprise???

I swear I am not, how often are these site updated?

30 minutes ago, cheap_tr1ck said:

Well i am a DD and CV player and i think that CV is too overpowered these days. The objective is achieved - aircraft carriers are a popular class now. Time to nerf them to death!

The way I understood it, haven't they already been nerfed to death?

[G-S-W]
[G-S-W]
Players
1,213 posts
4,999 battles
Vor 1 Minute, NoobySkooby sagte:

Not unless they reach "Tirpitz-nerf-level":Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[BLITZ]
Players
2,837 posts
11,161 battles
1 hour ago, BigRed_Potato said:

Dear Wargames...

51aLtscr+FL._SY445_.jpg

• Funny 1

[OGHF]
Players
1,146 posts
20,386 battles
39 minutes ago, cheap_tr1ck said:

It’s not that they need nerfing, the problem is balance, between DD & CV there is no balance. The DD can not get close to a T8/10 CV and survive as you are easily spotted and the auto secondaries are on you straight away inc planes, if you smoke up he just sails away at 30 knots +, most DD T 8 to 10 have rubbish AA as well so you can not take the planes out, CV. Will drop a squad of fighters over your smoke and as soon as the smoke cleats  you are easy meat to rocket attack, the poor Akizuki ha appalling speed and manoeuvrability so easy target.

I breath a sigh of relief when one of the other DD in our team gets targeted and as it get neutered by the CV this  allows me to do my job of spotting and defending/taking caps   and getting the odd torp attacks in.

So please WG balance CV to DD please.

• Cool 2

[SM0KE]
Players
5,628 posts
13,906 battles
9 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

My stats are the worst of everyone according to this site 

https://wows-numbers.com/player/501423319,NoobySkooby/?type=solo

I admit they are horrendously bad, but then I never quite understand then, they have me down as a super unicom In the Enterprise???

I swear I am not, how often are these site updated?

It may be data-set size, if you aren't being modest.

For example, I have 100% WR in Ryujo, and Saipan (yay?); in both cases though, I've only played one game against real people, and got lucky...

I don't know if there is consensus about how many games constitute a decent reflection of one's overall competence in any given ship, but I would expect it to be at least a hundred...?

Players
47 posts
20 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

Maybe, but still OP. CVs are ultimate and comfortable damage dealers and can easily counter any ship on a map, exept some ships with VERY good AA defence like Minotaur, Worchester, Republic and a few more.
New DD gamplay is just an abuse mode 24\7.

Check it out. Can any other class in the game do the same?And  i m not the best player, you know.

13 minutes ago, Cyclops_ said:

between DD & CV there is no balance.

Agreed

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles
24 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

In which case you should have stopped playing it 20 minutes ago because you are at 43% now. :Smile_Default:

• Funny 2

[BONI]
Players
1,257 posts
12,064 battles

My recent games have convinced me that Midway should go die in a fire. Derping everything with DBs and making a total mockery of everyone who claims ''but CVs don't really have unlimited planes, there's a cooldown''. Yeah, right. Last match I played with a Midway, I got dropped for 1/3 my HP in one go and the damn thing just kept yoloing one full squad after another all match long while never taking a single HP of damage itself.

Players
1,100 posts
11,516 battles
50 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

Hmm... Quick look at available statistics about CVs reveals that they are TOP ships in all exept one category ( average capture points). So realistically speaking they are OP like hell.

Do balance them like, I do not know - like any other ship. They should loose about 33% of average damage per battle and 50-60% of average spotting damage.

[SM0KE]
Players
5,628 posts
13,906 battles
1 minute ago, mariouus said:

They should loose about 33% of average damage per battle and 50-60% of average spotting damage.

Suggest the latter part of this sentence hasn't been entirely thought through: the only ways you could achieve the latter would be one of the following:

• Remove aircraft entirely.
  • Slow aircraft to only marginally faster than DDs.
  • Make aircraft entirely blind.

Given the fundamental characteristics of the class, isn't it inevitable that they'll dominate the spotting tables? Things like damage/kills are reasonable targets for discussion, and buffs/nerfs (as appropriate), but I think we're kind of stuck with CVs as the preeminent spotters, as long as they're in the game...

[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,239 posts
8,642 battles

Hello,

I'll be locking this thread now.

Regards,

CptMinia

• Funny 1
  • Bad 3