You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Honor and Glory of the Soviet Navy

24 comments in this topic

[WWEGB]
Players
35 posts
4,080 battles

locong the video of the of the Soviet battleship  deffo cant wait to try them when there in the game look so much fun

Players
12 posts
1,001 battles

I'm really looking forward to the Soviet BB's :D
There have been rumors that both the Slava and the Kreml could be researched with the Sovetski Soyuz, as after tier IX the BB line

would split in two for both of these ships... 

(I do hope that that's true because of the different play styles it would offer without having to go through the pain of accumulating steel or free XP to get the Slava otherwise...)

My rant on the Soviet BB's (If any one is interested in reading it)

Also having the Gangut be spotted at 13km and it having a range of 12km is too much of a nerf...  It should at least in stock format be able not to be seen before it fires...

Also I find the nerfs on the Soviet BB's a bit too harsh, especially because they don't promise a chilled play style, but instead being wrecked by ap-bombs, torpedos, showing broadside, fires, etc...

and not being able to stay out of other DD's torpedo ranges because of their own very, very, very limited range...

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[CMP]
Beta Tester
10 posts
4,170 battles

Soviet battleships. Now there's the oxymoron of the day. Ridiculous concept. What's even more ridiculous is that the nationalistic chest-beating from Russian devs who will make them op as f...

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1

[DREAD]
Players
417 posts

Nicely done. No matter if paper ships or not.

Also, who puts that Tier 6 (I think it is Izmail) in a Tier 9 match against Freddy? :P

Beta Tester
3,963 posts
14,665 battles
45 minutes ago, taffelost said:

Soviet battleships. Now there's the oxymoron of the day. Ridiculous concept. What's even more ridiculous is that the nationalistic chest-beating from Russian devs who will make them op as f...

Same old, same old - as with Soviet tanks in WoT.

Who would have expected it... *lol*

• Cool 2

Players
4 posts
5,883 battles
1 hour ago, taffelost said:

It is not OP.

It is balans, komrade. 

• Funny 1

[IRON7]
Players
833 posts
568 battles
7 hours ago, The_EURL_Guy said:

We’ve prepared a special video

Is this the 'patriotic toon parade' comic announcing the Ru BB rollout? Sure is, imho, a comic and/or comical. :Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 2

[BUBS]
Players
23 posts
10,025 battles

Just watched the video, I must say it was extremely well done and I found that it touched my heart

Beta Tester
79 posts
2,340 battles

I love naval history. Could someone tell me which battle was depicted in this video? I was unaware that the Soviet navy fought a major engagement of this type, and I would like to learn more. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 7

[MAD4T]
[MAD4T]
Players
7 posts
2 hours ago, Bluestrategist said:

I love naval history. Could someone tell me which battle was depicted in this video? I was unaware that the Soviet navy fought a major engagement of this type, and I would like to learn more. 

they didn't  simply put . so more fake paper ships ruusia had a small navy for her size , it was old and outdated with nothing to compare with the the allies or the axis powers , also with stalin's purges they had very little in the way of leadership .

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,387 posts
18,974 battles

well yeah.... everything about the background of this line is kinda bollocks, so why not the announcement?!

could've done about some heads feeling the necessity for larger surface ships and plan the draws or such. could've done..... well anything with at least a bit of touch to reality, but yeah....

if ever german subs make it into game i demand  just as a pathetically patriotic introducing vid 4 em as well. shouldn't be too hard, as only germans are not allowed to be german nationalistic :Smile_trollface:...

<underwhelmed

[SWPBC]
[SWPBC]
Alpha Tester
160 posts
8,153 battles

With Gaijin and Wargaming, we're getting our share of soviet propaganda funny stuff :D

• Cool 1

[STAFU]
Players
11 posts
16,967 battles

Guess the next ship lines in WoWs will be Klingon Battleships, Calamari Cruisers, and so on .... 

Players
72 posts
387 battles

You could save these never-built Soviet BBs for Russian server only.

Nationalists from Russia would be delighted.

And we would be saved from playing these OVERPOWERED AS HELL imaginations of developers, smashing the real ships like infamous Objects in WOT.

• Cool 2
  • Angry 1