You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
kjkb1980_o7

Twitch Drops

26 comments in this topic

Players
8 posts
1,460 battles

I've been watching World of Warships streams on Twitch with Twitch Drops enabled (for example, Notser) but have yet to receive a Twitch Drop Container.

I have a couple of questions if anyone is able to help please?

1. Do you only receive Twitch Drops by watching a stream when it is live?

2. I've confirmed multiple times that my Wargaming account is linked to Twitch and vice-a-versa. However, I originally linked the accounts to receive the World of Tanks Care Packages. As I use the same Wargaming account for both WOT and WOWS is this why I am not receiving them (as the Developer is the same for both games)? As far as I recall I didn't receive a Twitch Container when I first linked the accounts, however, I do have the Twitch Port and some Twitch camo's (do maybe I did?).

Any help would be much appreciated as I'm stumped why it's not working. Thank you Comrades. o7

[-AP-]
Players
962 posts
3,070 battles

The stream has to be live, to receive twitch drops, just always keep a warships cc stream running at 160p minimised somewhere, you dont actually have to watch the stream.

Also, it can take a few days sometimes for twitch drops to arrive in port, and then you get like 6 at a time.

[SM0KE]
Players
2,863 posts
6,686 battles

I got three (I think) Twitch crates last night: one was a supercontainer (containing flags, of course), but at least one of the others included some Ironium, so it appears the new contents are starting to come through...

[-AP-]
Players
962 posts
3,070 battles
9 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I got three (I think) Twitch crates last night: one was a supercontainer (containing flags, of course), but at least one of the others included some Ironium, so it appears the new contents are starting to come through...

From what ive seen, you dont get the ironium as containers, but straight into your inventory, with a little announcement popup on screen. You do get supercontainers tho, i got one yesterday(containing useless credit flags of course :Smile_coin:)

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
2,863 posts
6,686 battles
6 minutes ago, thiextar said:

From what ive seen, you dont get the ironium as containers, but straight into your inventory, with a little announcement popup on screen. You do get supercontainers tho, i got one yesterday(containing useless credit flags of course :Smile_coin:)

This is exactly what happened to me!

[-TAP-]
Players
3 posts
21,875 battles

I linked my wow account to twitch a few days back, as yet I've not received anything, not even the welcome gift. I've viewed quite a few live streams, many hours in total.

• Bad 1

Beta Tester
812 posts
13 minutes ago, corge said:

I linked my wow account to twitch a few days back, as yet I've not received anything, not even the welcome gift. I've viewed quite a few live streams, many hours in total.

I thought the welcome gift was default because you registered. I atleast got the welcome gift and 30 ironium the first few hours. 4 days later 0 drops.

• Bad 1

[TRRC]
Players
531 posts

I've got regular Twitch drops until sunday14. Then a Space drop with super container on monday, but since monday no more drops... Asked CS, they said that is not regular anymore, so it's random now.... you may watch hours and get nothing, watch a battle and get something... non sense... At Flamuu twitch chat, many others complained that since Space drops no more containers, while before got regular ones almost every day...

The problem is that Twitch streamers and Wows contributors shouldn't be allowed to write lies since monday 15: "Get Twitch Drops just watching"  but "You may get twitch drops just watching" then...

Liars or slayers?

• Bad 1

Beta Tester
812 posts
10 hours ago, RedAnark said:

I've got regular Twitch drops until sunday14. Then a Space drop with super container on monday, but since monday no more drops... Asked CS, they said that is not regular anymore, so it's random now.... you may watch hours and get nothing, watch a battle and get something... non sense... At Flamuu twitch chat, many others complained that since Space drops no more containers, while before got regular ones almost every day...

The problem is that Twitch streamers and Wows contributors shouldn't be allowed to write lies since monday 15: "Get Twitch Drops just watching"  but "You may get twitch drops just watching" then...

Liars or slayers?

Streamers doesn't really care if it works or not. They can just bait with misleading titles and i was one of the people who got baited into watching more WoWs streams in hope of getting free stuff. If it doesn't work they just blame WG for it not working.

But knowing WG they don't really care or react until profits are impacted, but this is something that costs WG nothing, other then potensial sales, there is no real cost for them to run it. But belive me the statistics and the data they get out of it is incredible valuble and will lead to increased profits.
My advice is to to deny them the data and unlink your account to your WG account. They are advertising for something that in reality is not working, 5 days without drops made me stop watching wows streams. Back to watching sekiro speedruns while sinking ships :D

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,423 posts
9,417 battles

There seems to be a major disconnect between what streamers are advertising on their streams and what is happening in reality - they're all saying twitch drops active, but they're not active. I wouldn't bother logging on to any stream unless you're up for some watching rather than playing yourself :)

[-AP-]
Players
962 posts
3,070 battles

Cmon guys, I'm all for hatin on wargaming stupidness, but this is obviously not some intentional conspiracy of theirs. 

Somethings probably gone wrong, and if that's the case, I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped 1 or 2 supercontainers on everyone who's linked to twitch. 

• Cool 1

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,423 posts
9,417 battles
10 minutes ago, thiextar said:

Cmon guys, I'm all for hatin on wargaming stupidness, but this is obviously not some intentional conspiracy of theirs. 

Somethings probably gone wrong, and if that's the case, I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped 1 or 2 supercontainers on everyone who's linked to twitch. 

Of course, you're right, but I think in a business like this to not have almost 24/7 support acknowledging certain information and fixing things appears to me to be shortsighted on their part. We've had twitch streams on steroids all weekend, thousands joining and nothing happening. Lots of people talking, and even streamers themselves admitting something gone wrong. To let the weekend disappear like this with no fix when people have more time to support streams and play also seems to be shortsighted.

I'm not looking to burn anyone at the stake for this, but if the issue is not given a high profile then nothing will be done about it in the future......if people always stay overly polite then the status quo will hardly change. Sad but a proven way of raising issues when events like this remain untreated for prolonged periods. And it is a problem because streamers are advertising twitch drops when they're not happening, and this will lure many people in on false pretexts....

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
812 posts
21 minutes ago, Shaka_D said:

even streamers themselves admitting something gone wrong.

Yet they all still advertise it in their stream for more veiwers, what streamer acknowledge the issue?
Because if you acknowledge its something not working, its pretty shitty of them to continue having it in their titles. Would be intresting to see what streamer said this.

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,423 posts
9,417 battles
9 minutes ago, Hannibalurg said:

Yet they all still advertise it in their stream for more veiwers, what streamer acknowledge the issue?
Because if you acknowledge its something not working, its pretty shitty of them to continue having it in their titles. Would be intresting to see what streamer said this.

I'm not going to name names because that would be unfair to use their name in vein given the conflict of interests, but why not pop on to a few of the streams and ask yourself, but I have 3 so far who have stated an issue exists as in lots of people have been complaining, and one streamer admits it's not working for them when they watch other peoples streams.

Beta Tester
812 posts
1 hour ago, Shaka_D said:

I'm not going to name names because that would be unfair to use their name in vein given the conflict of interests, but why not pop on to a few of the streams and ask yourself, but I have 3 so far who have stated an issue exists as in lots of people have been complaining, and one streamer admits it's not working for them when they watch other peoples streams.

I understand. Doesn't really matter who agreed it to being broken. I am pretty sure the twitch chat has been flooding with messages like that,  and if you just go to the wows streampage you see them all have it in their title, except for 1 decent guy.

• Cool 1

[SWAGR]
Players
26 posts
4,327 battles

6 hours per day or so in background between Flamuu, Flambass and a few other big hitters, if you pardon the pun, nothing. Another of WOW's cons, false advertising and probably a few broken regional laws too ?

Beta Tester
1,148 posts
8,729 battles

I linked my account and got a drop the day later with some Ibrillium. Have it on in the background all the time and didnt get any more.

Can someone clear this up, who do you need to watch to be ledgeble? Any random guy streaming WoW or some pre-approved WG guys?

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,423 posts
9,417 battles
1 hour ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

I linked my account and got a drop the day later with some Ibrillium. Have it on in the background all the time and didnt get any more.

Can someone clear this up, who do you need to watch to be ledgeble? Any random guy streaming WoW or some pre-approved WG guys?

Apparently there was a hard cap on twitch drops and they're all finished. I wouldn't bother if I were you. I've not got anything for 4 days and I'm not the only; one, tons of folk are questioning it.

[JRM]
Players
178 posts
9,232 battles

Yeah its just a bait to lure you in. For me in future, im watch when i want to watch it and thats it, dont expect more containers.

Beta Tester
812 posts
5 hours ago, Yamato942 said:

Yeah its just a bait to lure you in. For me in future, im watch when i want to watch it and thats it, dont expect more containers.

Yep, bait bait, lie lie. My advice to everyone is to unlink your twitch and WG account. In order to deny them the data they are now taking for free.

Beta Tester
94 posts
1,102 battles

According to tcfreer, the drops will come back shortly, there apperently was a small problem with them not dropping for some reason..

Beta Tester
812 posts
11 minutes ago, Otowi said:

According to tcfreer, the drops will come back shortly, there apperently was a small problem with them not dropping for some reason..

Since it's easter and people had alot of time to spend watching streams? Clearly there was a "problem" and it should be fixed when people are back to their daily routine with work and school.

Beta Tester
94 posts
1,102 battles

Could very well be the case, but I have to wonder why even put a cap on the twitch drops? I can maybe see it for the space event, but not the normal twitch containers.

Just weird, but then again it *IS* WG we're talking about here...