Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Colonel_Boom

Hotkeys for AA sector management

11 comments in this topic

Players
80 posts
5,221 battles

Could we get 2 hotkeys for AA sector management? It annoys me to have the current system of pressing and clicking in the middle of a heated engagement. Thanks.

MfG Boom

• Cool 7

[BLITZ]
Players
2,837 posts
11,161 battles

+1

Maybe even three. Sometimes I want to set it to the side which is already active. So I'm disabling it. Annoying!

• Cool 3

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,264 posts
24,239 battles

Actually, I think is not really worth the clicking now. If it gave an extra 20-30% on one side it could be worth it, but just subtracting that percentage from the other side i5 just makes it not that good, as the planes will travel both sides, and the first attack can not be stooped anyway. 

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,264 posts
24,239 battles

Actually, I think is not really worth the clicking now. If it gave an extra 20-30% on one side it could be worth it, but just subtracting that percentage from the other side it just makes it not that good, as the planes will travel both sides, and the first attack can not be stopped anyway. 

Players
10,038 posts
11,833 battles
16 minutes ago, 22cm said:

Actually, I think is not really worth the clicking now. If it gave an extra 20-30% on one side it could be worth it, but just subtracting that percentage from the other side it just makes it not that good, as the planes will travel both sides, and the first attack can not be stopped anyway. 

Considering sector remains reinforced during switching, you can get timing right, so you're dealing maximum dakka most of the time.

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,264 posts
24,239 battles

^ The way i see it, planes have to enter through the reinforced sector and leave through the weakened one, so the sum of the AA is still the same and you better spend your available time by actively dodging, according to the type of planes. May be worth on very strong AA ships on which you will get guaranteed plane kills on the first attack. 

[-TAP-]
Players
301 posts
8,167 battles
24 minutes ago, 22cm said:

^ The way i see it, planes have to enter through the reinforced sector and leave through the weakened one, so the sum of the AA is still the same and you better spend your available time by actively dodging, according to the type of planes. May be worth on very strong AA ships on which you will get guaranteed plane kills on the first attack. 

As @Panocek pointed out,  so long as you get the timing right (approximately), they come in on the reinforced sector and leave through the reinforced sector. Essentially, sector switching is just a test of your ability to predict aircraft speed and path, and your ability to multitask if making other manoeuvres at the same time.

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,398 posts
7,281 battles
2 hours ago, 22cm said:

I would disagree, for several reasons. First, as Panocek said you can switch BEFORE the planes fly over you. During the swirching process the original sector remains strengthened until the switch takes place. This results in planes flying through the stronger sector on the way in, and then out through the stronger sector. You have to get the timing right, but its easily doable.

Personally I remapped the O key to spacebar since I dont need to move my hand, and can therefore dodge AND change sector at the same time.

Manual AA makes the switching time shorter (and thus easier), and the bonus is larger than it seems, since its cumulative. This means cruisers go from 125 to 150%,  DD 150% to 180% and CV go from 160 to 196% Ships that can spare the points its worth taking

Secondly depending on approach angle, you may not even need to change sector. Planes approaching from 7 o'clock will exist at 1 o'clock. If your sector is set for Port to shoot the incoming planes, a small turn starboard after they fly over will put the planes back into your port sector.

Beta Tester
1,917 posts
11,735 battles
13 hours ago, Colonel_Boom said:

Could we get 2 hotkeys for AA sector management? It annoys me to have the current system of pressing and clicking in the middle of a heated engagement. Thanks.

MfG Boom

I made a thread about this a while back.

Isnt it fun that WG gives us this whole new minigame for free. The added bonus that WG wants us to drop everything were doing (dodging torps, dodging BB AP salvos, stop duelling the enemy cruiser/DD) to instead play a little fun minigame called "Manage you bloody AA sectors"?!?! Where is the planes?! Switch LEFT, RIGHT, CENTER, BACK TO LEFT.... did I shoot down nothing?! No, but that doesnt matter because while you where doing that the 3 ships you were fighting just sunk you mate! Aah, GG!

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,264 posts
24,239 battles
5 minutes ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

I made a thread about this a while back.

Isnt it fun that WG gives us this whole new minigame for free. The added bonus that WG wants us to drop everything were doing (dodging torps, dodging BB AP salvos, stop duelling the enemy cruiser/DD) to instead play a little fun minigame called "Manage you bloody AA sectors"?!?! Where is the planes?! Switch LEFT, RIGHT, CENTER, BACK TO LEFT.... did I shoot down nothing?! No, but that doesnt matter because while you where doing that the 3 ships you were fighting just sunk you mate! Aah, GG!

My idea exactly. Turning once to dodge the airstrike and another time to keep the planes in the shitty +20% sector is already too much when you are fighting other ships and risk showing too much broadside. 

Sign in to follow this