You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
black_falcon120

Can someone review a CV replay?

37 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,148 posts
3,074 battles

Hi Guys,

I'm getting around 70k damage a game (50k in T10mm), with my lexington, I'm concerned because peopole seem to think you should average over 100k  with the lex and its OP DBs, and my personal rating appears to be terrible.  Could someone give me some advice, i've attached a replay if it helps.

Many thanks,

20190414_173242_PASA108-Lexington_41_Conquest.wowsreplay

20190414_165903_PASA108-Lexington_28_naval_mission.wowsreplay

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,925 posts
19,752 battles
7 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Senpai errrrr :etc_swear: I mean @El2aZeR 

I was actually the guy telling him to post here because I'm currently a bit short on time. ^^

• Funny 3

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
763 posts
12,484 battles

I actually don't care. B'cos if I am TX I am so bad. Better ask @El2aZeRhow to do better, He has no imagination. I am a flat earther. Maybe he believes in the hollow earth theory, No business sense, all an electronic hard on.

• Bad 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,559 battles
Just now, Armorin said:

Better ask @El2aZeRhow to do better, He has no imagination. I am a flat earther. Maybe he believes in the hollow earth theory, No business sense, all an electronic hard on.

He does have little imagination....:Smile-_tongue:

• Bad 2

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
763 posts
12,484 battles
Just now, Beastofwar said:

He does have little imagination....:Smile-_tongue:

YARR :Smile_medal:

Beta Tester
1,148 posts
3,074 battles

Everyone seems to have the same idea I did :( 

But seriously, if anyone does have a bit of time, any advice would be appreciated :)

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
763 posts
12,484 battles
4 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

Everyone seems to have the same idea I did :( 

But seriously, if anyone does have a bit of time, any advice would be appreciated :)

At least in WoWP, we know the MM takes number of battles into account. That's why they have players with exactly 1000 battles and a 90% win ratio.

In WoWS, it is all about skill. It is completely random.

Beta Tester
1,148 posts
3,074 battles
2 minutes ago, Armorin said:

At least in WoWP, we know the MM takes number of battles into account. That's why they have players with exactly 1000 battles and a 90% win ratio.

In WoWS, it is all about skill. It is completely random.

There's an internal MMR rating in the matchmaker?

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
763 posts
12,484 battles
Just now, black_falcon120 said:

There's an internal MMR rating in the matchmaker?

That is flat earth thinking. Absolutely no business reason behind your thinking. @El2aZeRis your guide.

Beta Tester
1,148 posts
3,074 battles
28 minutes ago, Armorin said:

That is flat earth thinking. Absolutely no business reason behind your thinking. @El2aZeRis your guide.

Seems like there really is only one other CV player on these forums :(

[SM0KE]
Players
5,622 posts
13,904 battles
4 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

I think there are quite a few, but most of us aren't good enough in them yet to offer helpful advice.

The reason many ask El2aZeR is that a) they're extremely good in them, and b) they're usually very helpful, time permitting, with queries - above and beyond usually. To be honest, I've been trying to leave them alone, because it must get wearing to be asked all the time about this stuff.

I've been playing mine quite a bit lately, for instance, but at laughably low tiers mainly, so I still effectively know nothing; I imagine that's quite a common state of affairs.

Beta Tester
1,148 posts
3,074 battles
9 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I think there are quite a few, but most of us aren't good enough in them yet to offer helpful advice.

The reason many ask El2aZeR is that a) they're extremely good in them, and b) they're usually very helpful, time permitting, with queries - above and beyond usually. To be honest, I've been trying to leave them alone, because it must get wearing to be asked all the time about this stuff.

I've been playing mine quite a bit lately, for instance, but at laughably low tiers mainly, so I still effectively know nothing; I imagine that's quite a common state of affairs.

Ah ok, that makes sense. El2azer just seemed so active on the forum, I thought he/she might be able to help, and everyone seemed to think they were the person to speak to for all carrier related questions.

• Cool 1

Players
43 posts
8,521 battles

The average damage for a Lexington is 52,185, according to wows-numbers.com.  Only the top 5% segment has an average above 100,000.  People expecting more than 70 thousand damage from you are probably just venting their frustration at losing.  Carrier captains are prime targets for that.

As someone that's currently only doing 45 thousand average Lexington damage, I really ain't qualified to analyze your replays.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3,371 posts
6,485 battles
3 hours ago, black_falcon120 said:

Hi Guys,

I'm getting around 70k damage a game (50k in T10mm), with my lexington, I'm concerned because peopole seem to think you should average over 100k  with the lex and its OP DBs, and my personal rating appears to be terrible.  Could someone give me some advice, i've attached a replay if it helps.

Many thanks,

20190414_173242_PASA108-Lexington_41_Conquest.wowsreplay

20190414_165903_PASA108-Lexington_28_naval_mission.wowsreplay

leaving my mark here. if i find the time tomorrow I will take a look. But do not expect much I am still learning and most I do is by pure intuition as i am the kind of player playing by intuition rather than preplanning my every move.

70k is fine aslong as the kills are good. You should avg around 1,2-1,5 kills in it as you are hunting mainly DD. 1,8 or higher for unicum stats.

So if you want to improve your winrate you should first start by killing the DD or learning how to do so. (can't help you there without watching the replays). Dmg comes after that. If the enemie loses it's DD or the DD are hindered from playing the objective for to long your team will eventually start to steamroll them (If both teams are equally skilled ofcourse).

Sorry if I am not really clear, but I am just tired right now.

gz _Ezio_

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

Players
3,380 posts
14,104 battles

Thinking about this thread. I am finding that snuffing out the DD’s over damage numbers first is leading to more wins. When the DD’s are gone then ship selection is key it seems. From a none CV perspective it worth learning what the ships your up against have as strength and weakness then pick targets accordingly. Certainly helped improve my awful Ryujo and Kaga game play and now they are respectable. In Big E I’m putting what El2aZer taught me but I don’t feel I have the right to tell you what to work on when I’m still so green to the rework CV’s. I wish you luck captain and hope those other CV players who haunt the forums can help better than my little bit of input o7

• Cool 1

[BLITZ]
Players
325 posts
10,131 battles

I only just got Lexington myself but I have played most of the premium CVs and therfore have a bit of experience on T8. 

So if you don't mind me giving you some advice:

Did you take all plane hp buff skills for your cpt? Because sometimes it looked like your planes were made of paper.

I just played my first round in Lex myself and also according to the stats her planes should be pretty durable.

So if not definitely add Aircraft Armor and Survivability Expert.

Taking the the rocket fighters at the start to spot is a good idea but you fly too deep into the enemy AA.

Don't really fly straight into the enemy spawn, stop a bit before and just fly along the flank. 

So when a ship sails into AA range they hit you from the side and not the front. That way you can turn away faster

and recieve less dmg. Always watch for the yellow sign that says AA, don't wait for the actual shots to appear.

Also what I noticed you waste too much planes by going into AA heavy zones.  I mean always keep 6-7km distance

to Cruisers and BBs unless you want to attack them otherwise you just waste hp. Make your strikes count,

don't fly into the middle of the battlefield, both rounds had quite a few ships being alone on the flanks.

If you can take them out of the game you relieve your own ships alot more than trying to get ships

you can't finish off. Of course helping your DD against the enemy DDs is important at the start of the round.

But the moment a DD goes into smoke don't even strike the smoke, just leave a fighter above and move on

to the next target.

Plan your route to the targets so you don't fly over enemy AA until you reach your destination.

If you do that your planes will have alot more HP left and you can do atleast 2 strikes on most ships.  You sometimes

seemed to just take a squad and then search for a target. Plan your attack before you select the squad so

you have the right squad for the right ship. No point in going out with a squad only to realize there is no good target f

or torps around and switch back to rockets for example. Watch the mini map pre deployment and look for isolated targets or

enemies at key positions where your team needs help. You can plan the next attack run already while en route to your attack.

Oh and very important, you can have your CV move to a position automatically when you go to the map with "m" and click on it with the mouse.

As a CV every minute you don't attack someone you are wasting time so don't bother with actually steering your CV yourself unless you really have to.

Thats just some basic stuff but you should do already alot better when you give more care to target selection and avoid AA better.

• Cool 3

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,264 posts
24,201 battles
6 hours ago, black_falcon120 said:

El2azer just seemed so active on the forum, I thought he/she might be able to help, and everyone seemed to think they were the person to speak to for all carrier related questions.

Is definitely a she.

[OCTO]
Players
1,197 posts
26,278 battles
7 hours ago, black_falcon120 said:

Well, there were quite a few, but they quit playing CVs after rework.... :Smile_hiding:

[ST33L]
[ST33L]
Beta Tester
91 posts
7,648 battles

I would advice to look up cheesy tactics other players have come up with. It really helps when you are in t10 games (wich is most of the time :fish_nerv:)

I have started to get the hang of the slingshot tactic (thanks for the vid Yuro :cap_like:). Im not good at explaining, so look it up. It makes it possible to drop even des moines and minotaurs in t8 CVs. 

Players
10,038 posts
11,833 battles
34 minutes ago, Loke56 said:

I would advice to look up cheesy tactics other players have come up with. It really helps when you are in t10 games (wich is most of the time :fish_nerv:)

I have started to get the hang of the slingshot tactic (thanks for the vid Yuro :cap_like:). Im not good at explaining, so look it up. It makes it possible to drop even des moines and minotaurs in t8 CVs. 

One can get decent results by applying basic logic and understanding of game mechanics (which aren't that well explained on WG part, but thats a given considering their track record)

-islands provide LoS cover from AA, while messing up with aiming when flying over them. So attack from the open and use island as AA cover. OR fly around island as LoS cover for TB to attack passing by ships

-(ab)use the heck out of dmg reduction given to attacking planes when they are ready to drop, both for offense and defense

-retain boost for actual attack run instead flying into position unless in extra hurry

-don't fly into blobkriegs unless you have to

-keep moving your carrier

Top it off with speed boost gained after dropping ordnance, both for slingshot and quick recall, you can use taller islands to cut down on return vulnerability, as "safe altitude" is that, altitude.

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
Players
3,803 posts
11,250 battles

Today after work i will take a look. Feel free to check my stats if you are sceptical about my judgement! ☆

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,931 posts
10,613 battles

I am talking about active forum users here,

when it comes to commanding a CV,

there are bad CV captains, There are good CV captains, there are salty CV captains and there is @El2aZeR

I wouldn't want him/her to watch my CV review, probably because it will like getting yelled at by an asian father for getting A- from the hardest test...

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,559 battles
6 hours ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Thinking about this thread. I am finding that snuffing out the DD’s over damage numbers first is leading to more wins.

Well we agree on something here...

My usual order is :

- Search&Destroy DD while mapping the enemy fleet just outside their AA range. When no DD are to be found unload rockets on a solitary BB or Cruiser upper structure.

- After 1-2 strike launches on DD switch to torpedo's going for BB or match score will end up low.

- Torpedo solitary BB's for bulk of damage score.

- Remove irritating cruisers ( torpedo, dive bomb, TiT ) if they protect other BB, torpedo rest of BB.

- Remove eventual remaining Cruiser with dive bombers.

- Enable team to shoot the enemy CV by spotting it. If there is no team left go after it with CV ( secondaries ) and aircraft.

I know it would be better for the team if CV died much earlier, but aircraft cost a lot of credits and attacking a CV is not really cost effective and can hamper your ability to helpt the team and get a higher score result if you lose many aircraft early in the match. Besides that you either have to fly around the whole map or overfly most of their heavy AA  to get to a CV before late match, so that is not practical.

• Cool 1