Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
BlackYeti

North Carolina-possible armour bug?

8 comments in this topic

[BABBY]
Players
700 posts
10,445 battles

Hello fellow captains. I have this strange conundrum that happened to me twice already in this update. While happily bow-tanking stupid bots in co-op I have been citadelled TWICE by ships that had no way of penetrating my bow, once by Roma and once by QE(!). In the  case of ROMA the angle was literally straight 0 degrees, with QE, slightly less. Sadly, I only have the most recent replay with QE citadelling me at the very end of the battle. Anyone else experienced this? Maybe there is something wrong with seam alignment between armor plates? Such bugs used to be frequent in WoT with holes in armor creating 0 armor zones...

20190415_214719_PASB012-North-Carolina-1945_22_tierra_del_fuego.wowsreplay

PS in the QE situation I was at a slight angle so this may be legit citadel after all, I am unable to watch the  replay myself, but as i pointed out earlier, with Roma it was straight bow-on and bots always aim at waterline center of mass, never at superstructure.

EDIT mystery solved few posts below 🙂

[SHAFT]
Players
9,865 posts
8,998 battles

Id say this happens not only to NC lately... But i citadelled a NC with my JB at an Angle too, while Forlornsailor was spectating and meant, that couldnt have been a citadel. Me personaly i think it could have worked, since i targeted his Bow and think it went through there.

But ive seen so much weird stuff over the years, while its getting worse and worse even. Today Flamu citadelled a fully angled Kiting Montana in his Vladivostok afaik. He didnt undertand it himself, shouldnt have been possible.

And ive frontal Citadelled Zaos with Hindenburg/Minotaur/other Zaos (in space battle with Zaya).

Ive received frontal Citadels with Missouri from Montana, Roon from Gneisenau... Ive seen Minotaurs/Fijis Citadel BBs like Roma, GKs, Montana, Yamato.

I think the whole armor is just bugged at this point :cap_hmm:

[CATS]
Players
26,828 posts
14,389 battles

It also depends on distance. Deck armor penetrations at the superstructure are often possible.

[BABBY]
Players
700 posts
10,445 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

It also depends on distance. Deck armor penetrations at the superstructure are often possible.

True but it was bow-on and on very short distance (~1km). Also bots always aim at waterline, thats why they are so good at citadelling cruisers.

[BABBY]
Players
700 posts
10,445 battles

I received a PM from @wilkatis_LV  with an explanation video showing what possibly happened.

Seems USN BBs are particularly vulnerable to this thanks to their rounded bows :Smile-_tongue:

Thanks for the explanation!

• Cool 2

[AAO]
Players
1,546 posts
20,842 battles

Feel free to prove me wrong on this but i still have a lingering suspicion that the conning tower counts as citadel. I remember once getting a double citadel on a kiting Bismarck by shooting his superstructure from behind.

(iirc there were not shells hitting him low on the stern (that would have given me a plausible explanation), since it was a relatively close range in a Missouri, so most-all shells went where i wanted them)

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Beta Tester
417 posts
8,439 battles
17 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Id say this happens not only to NC lately... But i citadelled a NC with my JB at an Angle too, while Forlornsailor was spectating and meant, that couldnt have been a citadel. Me personaly i think it could have worked, since i targeted his Bow and think it went through there.

But ive seen so much weird stuff over the years, while its getting worse and worse even. Today Flamu citadelled a fully angled Kiting Montana in his Vladivostok afaik. He didnt undertand it himself, shouldnt have been possible.

And ive frontal Citadelled Zaos with Hindenburg/Minotaur/other Zaos (in space battle with Zaya).

Ive received frontal Citadels with Missouri from Montana, Roon from Gneisenau... Ive seen Minotaurs/Fijis Citadel BBs like Roma, GKs, Montana, Yamato.

I think the whole armor is just bugged at this point :cap_hmm:

Add to this weird citadells that seem to occur due to bouncing downward... i citadelled a bow-on GK with Moskva at 15km...

Sign in to follow this