Sign in to follow this  
Mydgard

Udaloi - Captain skills and Upgrades

7 comments in this topic

[OFFC]
Players
228 posts
14,231 battles

After Ognevoi I'm totally confused with this ship, so I should ask some tips and builds. Captain will be moved to Grozovoi.

[LEEUW]
Players
2,336 posts
10,110 battles
19 hours ago, Mydgard said:

After Ognevoi I'm totally confused with this ship, so I should ask some tips and builds. Captain will be moved to Grozovoi.

Can't check my build at work so that will have to wait but I'm using her to her strengths: guns. So go full dakka build and spec your captain for maximum fire power. 

Your role as an Udaloi is to harass the enemies as much as possible. Do not cap unless you have to. Especially at the start of the match you avoid the caps and go to the flanks. People will hate you, they will ping you, they will urge you to cap, but you don't. Maybe later in the game when the opportunity arises. 

Ideal situation for this ship is being able to kite multiple pushing enemies, especially bbs. Set them on fire and keep them on fire all the time. Your maneuverability, heal and gunrange will make you a very difficult target to take out. 

Don't knifefight other DDs. They will win, except maybe IJN ones. If a dd sneaks up on you and starts a fight always turn away. The longer the range the more advantage you have. 

Concealment is optional because you will be open water gunboating a lot and you will be spotted anyway. 

Rpf is a must have in my opinion since it often indicates where the other dd is going even when you're firing at bbs behind him. This also prevents you from being flanked by a stealthier dd and you will know from where to expect torps if you decide to smoke up. 

I could share some replays since I've been playing this ship quite a lot lately. :) 

[TF57]
Players
101 posts
10,639 battles

Due to the present CV Meta I went for an AA spec 

ud2.thumb.jpg.13cfda5e69723e8b2878c8367e85b5df.jpgud1.thumb.png.ba7e76ee357a53683d2d504134f94e29.png

As you can see, it's not to bad at shredding planes

ud3.thumb.jpg.66787bccdb57dfb451422110155bf15b.jpg

Community Contributor
275 posts
18,368 battles

@Mydgard 

I linked below a how to play video on the Udaloi recently. It includes a really strong build including ship upgrades and full 19pt captain skill build and nice strategy how to play the Udaloi.

Players
10,033 posts
11,833 battles

Udaloi is all out gunboat, so 4x3 build (PT/PM, LS, SE, BFT, SI, Demo, AFT) is more than fine, also nicely complement DFAA option. Grozovoi on other hand is actually stealthy enough to carry out usual DD roles. So it depends, if you want to go DD route, gunboat or something inbetween with Grozo. I've went with hybrid, so PT/LS/SE/CE/SI/AFT/AR, in roughly that order. BFT is nice to have, but 3rd heal and 5th DFAA doesn't hurt in Year of the Carrier. AFT opens up some long range shenanigans, as ballistics are more than fine at 14km+.

Players
242 posts
11,752 battles
On 4/25/2019 at 1:28 AM, martin035 said:

As you can see, it's not to bad at shredding planes

The issue is it requires the enemy cv to fly into the flak clouds to do so. Otherwise Udaloi anti air is as overwhelmed as Luftwaffe flak in 1945...

I'm running the standard 4x3 clown build without concealment and last stand.

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/0100000000000010010011100000100019

And imo Udaloi with the heal is a strong boat in the meta as it is these days:Smile_Default:

Sign in to follow this