Server Restart - 30 October, 05:00 UTC Read more... ×
OnceBittenTwiceShy

Thoughts of a former CV player

5 comments in this topic

Players
82 posts
4,296 battles

Back in the RTS days, I spent a lot of time and effort to master multitasking. It wasn't easy to keep track of all squadrons. They were all over the map and one couldn't zoom out far enough, to see them all. I made my own view mods and bought a programmable 12 button mouse, to have everything I needed available, without using the keyboard for anything else but steering my carrier. Not a lot of people played CVs, only a few were good at it. Then came the rework. Carriers were a novelty, a few months ago, now they are present in every game. Players are forced to use valuable captain skills, to counter this. Tactical gameplay like sneaky flanking or clever positioning, with the goal of just being able to shoot, without being spotted, can no longer be done, because there is always the possibility of a plane, spotting you, at the worst possible time. The current CV epidemic - made even worse with the return of premium carriers, one can get out of containers -  lead to hardcore camping and a general hostility against CV players. I, for one, won't put up with this any longer. You can find me in a  Gearing or Z-52 and god have mercy with any of those new CV players, I happen to spot.

• Cool 6
  • Boring 1

Players
3,329 posts
On 4/15/2019 at 2:19 PM, OnceBittenTwiceShy said:

Back in the RTS days, I spent a lot of time and effort to master multitasking. It wasn't easy to keep track of all squadrons. They were all over the map and one couldn't zoom out far enough, to see them all. I made my own view mods and bought a programmable 12 button mouse, to have everything I needed available, without using the keyboard for anything else but steering my carrier. Not a lot of people played CVs, only a few were good at it. Then came the rework. Carriers were a novelty, a few months ago, now they are present in every game. Players are forced to use valuable captain skills, to counter this. Tactical gameplay like sneaky flanking or clever positioning, with the goal of just being able to shoot, without being spotted, can no longer be done, because there is always the possibility of a plane, spotting you, at the worst possible time. The current CV epidemic - made even worse with the return of premium carriers, one can get out of containers -  lead to hardcore camping and a general hostility against CV players. I, for one, won't put up with this any longer. You can find me in a  Gearing or Z-52 and god have mercy with any of those new CV players, I happen to spot.

You talk with an essence of hate there dude,it is a game, so adapt, cruiser cap while you in your sneaky DD go hunt the CV, not o hard to do, and with a Gearing I am sure one swift torp salvo, and game over for the pesky CV, people say don't hunt the CV, I disagree, and I say that as a Primarily CV layer now.

• Funny 1

[-FC-]
Players
319 posts
12,074 battles
On 4/18/2019 at 10:44 AM, NoobySkooby said:

one swift torp salvo

Really?  Unless the CV is completely asleep, there's no way he/she should get ambushed by a DD ... whenever I see a DD "going after the CV" it always ends the same - the DD disappears for a long time, contributes no damage/spotting/capping to the team and then dies rapidly when the CV notices him and floods him with wave after wave of planes.  Frickin pointless tactic imho.

Players
3,329 posts
12 hours ago, Glig69 said:

Really?  Unless the CV is completely asleep, there's no way he/she should get ambushed by a DD ... whenever I see a DD "going after the CV" it always ends the same - the DD disappears for a long time, contributes no damage/spotting/capping to the team and then dies rapidly when the CV notices him and floods him with wave after wave of planes.  Frickin pointless tactic imho.

Sorry to disagree, but in many games, where you are trying to help out your team, there are always DD' or half of their fleet that get through, either players do put push flanks when they have that advantage, or worse still retreat and gravitate towards the CV itself, had this so many times, and of course because of the CV hatred no support is given, in a CV it is impossible to be asleep, lol