You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Premium Aircraft Carriers—They're All Here!

21 comments in this topic

[RONIN]
Players
9 posts
12 minutes ago, The_EURL_Guy said:

Premium aircraft carriers return to the Premium Shop. Let's take a closer look at each of them in turn.

Good try but you can't stop leaving players this way, quite the opposite

Players
82 posts
4,296 battles

I was a bit skeptical about the rework. I downloaded and played the TST client and gave it a good spin. It seemed to be different and had it's merits but I still preferred the "Old Way". Playing CVs, back then, was a challenge, now cat and dog does it. Players buy CVs, or get them in containers to just suck at their hearts desire. They might not do anything useful or deal a lot of damage but they still can ruin someones game. I liked to spec BBs for secondaries and contest caps or go around and surprise someone - no longer possible. There's always a plane that spots you in the most  inconvenient position. Any non-CV vessel in the game, required a player to handle and spec it, to it's strengths. Making use of cover, positioning, choice of approach path, utilizing concealment and detection tools like radar and hydro. All this flies out of the window with the current CV epidemic. At tiers above 8, a lot of DDs are no longer contesting caps but hunt CVs instead. A win, much more depends on luck than skill now. Even more powerful AA or reduced plane spotting range would ruin the game for CV players. Keeping it, as it is, enforces camping and static gameplay.  Another issue is, that CV are basically immune to counter CV attacks, due to their powerful AA. Maybe reduce CV HP and AA, so they have to move with the team and require protection ? Of course, as we all know from WoT, no-one ever bothers to protect artillery but maybe, we can pull it off. 

• Cool 3

[U-W]
Players
53 posts
6,668 battles
5 hours ago, madmonk said:

Good try but you can't stop leaving players this way, quite the opposite

made it intresting to buy a carrier by giving it strike power and screw the AA of cruisers. Whats next less strike power for the carrier and back to better AA for the cruiser? And the prices that are asked are becoming shameless high. Get a shovel and soon we start digging and but this whole game

[U-W]
Players
53 posts
6,668 battles
5 hours ago, The_EURL_Guy said:

Premium aircraft carriers return to the Premium Shop. Let's take a closer look at each of them in turn.

Read it on the portal

163 euro's   163 euro's what are you guys thinking? :cap_wander:

Players
40 posts
10,474 battles

The best AA GUNNERS in any NAY can not shoot down the amount  of AIRCRAFT that your CARRIERS or  ship can.   I know . Have maned a 40.60 stag gun . Oirlekins  and not managed to get near  a drone.                    It is unbelievable that  any ship in any fleet in this world can do this. Talk to your NAVAL COMMANDERS and you will  find out.

I did 24 years in the ROYAL NAVY . Boy seaman gunner to PETY OFFICER GUNNERY.  I know what happens here does not happen in the real world.

[OFF2]
Beta Tester
13 posts
8,020 battles

As a german i had to get a hold on the Graf Zeppelin, no matter how much i despite the CV-Rework.

But:

1. don't show Pictures/Wallpapers/Screenshots with Stukas, because there are none.

2. let GZ count as german CV in Naval Battles.

[DPRK]
Players
9 posts
1,772 battles

as long as these carriers (and quite a few of the other new premiums) are not available for gold i refuse to waste me money on them
also they are overpriced

i quit wot because over time the marketing team got more influence over the game than the devs did.
this is slowly becoming a reality for wows as well. i am considering quitting, but for the time being i dont have anything better to do...

• Cool 1

[IRON7]
Players
837 posts
568 battles
16 hours ago, The_EURL_Guy said:

Let's take a closer look at each of them in turn.

Why?

Players
4 posts
3,885 battles

I still miss the matchmaker option is settings "I am willing to wait more for a CV free game". Since the rework I did not start the game. Now throwing 2 prem cvs from 5 boxes is just making the situation worse. But hey, have fun. 

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,084 posts
3,841 battles
10 hours ago, Pjod said:

2. let GZ count as german CV in Naval Battles.

The reason it doesn't count is because there are only premiums in said branch, thus making it a bit P2W (if you have the premium, you can tick off the stars, if the other clan hasn't, they can't catch up). Same for the French DD's or PA Cruisers.

[U-W]
Players
53 posts
6,668 battles
14 hours ago, Budget_War said:

as long as these carriers (and quite a few of the other new premiums) are not available for gold i refuse to waste me money on them
also they are overpriced

i quit wot because over time the marketing team got more influence over the game than the devs did.
this is slowly becoming a reality for wows as well. i am considering quitting, but for the time being i dont have anything better to do...

I fully agree. Wargame is working hard to kill the game. Just give them some time they are on the good way. Sad thing is we players should stop falling in there tricks that make us spend to much money on the game. Back in the day you did get a DVD game for €60 and that was it. Now they ask €160,-- for 4 ships. Who is kidding who???? who is the smart and who is the dumb??

• Cool 2

Players
229 posts
2,156 battles
22 minutes ago, Killroy67 said:

I fully agree. Wargame is working hard to kill the game. Just give them some time they are on the good way. Sad thing is we players should stop falling in there tricks that make us spend to much money on the game. Back in the day you did get a DVD game for €60 and that was it. Now they ask €160,-- for 4 ships. Who is kidding who???? who is the smart and who is the dumb??

With around 40 € the prize for a Tier VIII vehicle / ship is really nothing new. It's just a large bundle which was never introduced until now. With lots of other stuff coming with it.

There is also a small and a large pack for each individual ship too.

[OFF2]
Beta Tester
13 posts
8,020 battles
8 hours ago, MrFingers said:

The reason it doesn't count is because there are only premiums in said branch, thus making it a bit P2W (if you have the premium, you can tick off the stars, if the other clan hasn't, they can't catch up). Same for the French DD's or PA Cruisers.

Thanks for pointing that out. I didnt look at it this way but you are right.

Players
504 posts
2,675 battles
On 4/15/2019 at 2:12 PM, The_EURL_Guy said:

Read it on the portal

Well actually they are not, HMS Indomitable is not there, the carrier re work etc and the release of the Audacious, would have been a perfect time to release her into the game, so I think the title is misleading as far as I know there's no other premium CV in the pipeline.

[BYOB]
Players
3,467 posts
12,399 battles

Love the GZ description. You could have shortened it to "the planes are bad but in return their armament is bad".

• Cool 1

[PRT]
[PRT]
Players
3 posts
6,465 battles

Really ???? A triple AAA game with a full year game pass ( with all the DLC ) will run you about a one hundred bucks on steam and you want me to spent a hundred and sixty for 4 ships. Sorry I can't nor will I support your efforts to ruin the game even more. Last battle I played I shot down 116 planes needless to say I was doing nothing but dogging planes for the entire game. Please tell me what fun is there in playing such a game. I think it is time we the players send war gaming a clear message : Fix it or loose your investment us the players.