Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FixCVs_for_Steffi

OR you can just go play Tier II

25 comments in this topic

Players
5 posts
1,274 battles

I've been telling my buddies for ages that the low tiers can be insane fun. Flambass' latest video below.

Only problem used to be that the queue times were fairly high even at the regular afternoon and post dinnertime hours.

But since Tier II is the highest tier with guaranteed no aircraft carriers, I think that's going to become much less of a problem very soon.

Also there is not even the slightest hint of disorganized player protest. *edited*

Edited: Discussing moderation.

Arty_McFly

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
Players
3,769 posts
11,195 battles

The moaning is so strong lately! ☆

Now even t2 suggestions popping up like that meme on reddit! ♡☆♡

Oh wait...☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

You stole a meme >_>! ♡

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

If ye aren't playing a full secondary spec Mikasa, ye aren't playing tier II right.

• Cool 12
  • Funny 2

[CATS]
Players
26,715 posts
14,317 battles
20 minutes ago, Stefanie_Tobias said:

I've been telling my buddies for ages that the low tiers can be insane fun. Flambass' latest video below.

Only problem used to be that the queue times were fairly high even at the regular afternoon and post dinnertime hours.

But since Tier II is the highest tier with guaranteed no aircraft carriers, ....

When even the weak Tier IV CV with inexperienced captains are too much for you, you should consider looking for a different game.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[THESO]
Players
812 posts
12 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

When even the weak Tier IV CV with inexperienced captains are too much for you, you should consider looking for a different game.

Problem for these people is just the fact that CV are existing :Smile_veryhappy:

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,487 battles

Always told the no CV moaners to go to Tier 1-3, although Tier 3 might see CV and 3 per side also. So indeed Tier 1-2 if CV are that much of a problem.

What is the point of playing late WWII ships that were covered from bow to stern with AA guns - IRL and in game -  if you don't want to see aircraft ??

• Cool 1

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
23 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

If ye aren't playing a full secondary spec Mikasa, ye aren't playing tier II right.

my Smith would like to disagree. With torps. Lots of torps. None of which do any damage, but still - there's a lot of them!!! :Smile_izmena:

• Cool 5
  • Funny 4

[-MM]
Weekend Tester
301 posts
7,789 battles
23 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Tried that once.

Laughed so hard that I ruptured something, and haven't done it since. 

Might give it another go tonight - got plenty of spare 10pt Jap captains spare so can build one specially

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,138 battles
48 minutes ago, Stefanie_Tobias said:

I've been telling my buddies for ages that the low tiers can be insane fun.

I know. You don't need to tell everyone. The problem is you won't complete any missions on Tier II and those legendary modules also needed to be ginded sometime.

31 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Have you forgotten the fun that is torpedo jousting in V-25? :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 6

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
1 hour ago, Tyrendian89 said:

my Smith would like to disagree. With torps. Lots of torps. None of which do any damage, but still - there's a lot of them!!! :Smile_izmena:

I once dodged a full Derzki torpedo salvo in my Mikasa ... at 2km range ... with a broken engine. He then died to my secondaries.

I then almost died of laughter. God I wish I kept that replay.

• Funny 2

[L4GG]
Players
3,141 posts
10,735 battles
3 hours ago, Stefanie_Tobias said:

I've been telling my buddies for ages that the low tiers can be insane fun.

Tachibana

or you can chose co-op or operations .

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
17 minutes ago, Srle_Vigilante said:

There's only so many clubs you can seal.... 

Playing Mikasa isn't seal clubbing. That's the seal coming to, handing you the club and begging for you to end its life. The only way to deal damage in that boat is if the enemy literally bashes their heads against your secondaries, cuz you ain't going to hit crap with your mainguns. You can fit an entire lowtier map in between the dispersion of the shells fired from the same turret.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[KAKE]
Players
2,566 posts
6,182 battles
3 hours ago, Miessa3 said:

This. German low tier DDs are hilarity incarnate.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
3,166 posts
3,608 battles
1 hour ago, Aotearas said:

Playing Mikasa isn't seal clubbing. That's the seal coming to, handing you the club and begging for you to end its life. The only way to deal damage in that boat is if the enemy literally bashes their heads against your secondaries, cuz you ain't going to hit crap with your mainguns. You can fit an entire lowtier map in between the dispersion of the shells fired from the same turret.

It depends. The Gods of Fortune can show a surprising amount of benevolence towards the old gal.

I once chased a South Carolina around the map in my Mikasa, exchanging salvoes in a very civilized manner. He shot at me and mostly missed or bounced off. I shot at him and made a dent in his side with my AP. He angled away and shot at me and missed. I shot HE at him and set him on fire. He put out the fires, shot AP at me and took off a chunk of hit points. I started repairs and shot HE at him and took a fair bit off his hit points and set him on fire again. He shot AP at me and missed... I swear, I could hear him screaming in rage across the waves. I think I would have actually sunk him in the end, if a pesky Smith handn't come sneaking up from behind and torped me up my propeller shaft. Fun times! :Smile_veryhappy:

Edited: You may be wondering why that South Carolina kept trying to run away. I cannot say for sure, obviously. But my guess is that he suspected - quite correctly, as it were - that given half a chance, I would have rammed him for the honour of the Emperor.

• Funny 3

[KAKE]
Players
2,566 posts
6,182 battles
6 minutes ago, Procrastes said:

Smith handn't come sneaking up from behind and torped me up my propeller shaft. 

• Funny 2

[OCTO]
Players
1,196 posts
26,137 battles
4 hours ago, Miessa3 said:

I know. You don't need to tell everyone. The problem is you won't complete any missions on Tier II and those legendary modules also needed to be ginded sometime.

Oh yes, V-25. Especially morning games when often you do 1 vs 1. 

Something like current space battle Torpedo beat mode  :cap_like:

[L4GG]
Players
3,141 posts
10,735 battles
31 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

No need to stay at T2 when you can Yubari the effing sh*t out of the T4 CVs ^^

Big deal.

you don't have to effing the sh*t out of t4 cvs.

WG already done that.

Beta Tester
4,835 posts
20,217 battles
10 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

Big deal.

you don't have to effing the sh*t out of t4 cvs.

WG already done that.

Considering the amount of CVs I recently meet in lower tier battles a lot of effing is needed... it's like with BaBBies - you have to demotivated them when they are still small, so they never grow up to become full potatoes... ^^

• Funny 2

Players
312 posts
914 battles

Tier 2 is boring as hell. It could be more interesting if more pre-dreadnoughts were in the game (like Potemkin, SMS Schleswig-Holstein, HMS Agamemnon, USS Oregon)

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this