You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Baylor98

Ghost sub?

28 comments in this topic

[CAPT]
Players
40 posts
9,170 battles

I am sure on two separate occasions now I have seen a submarine's periscope during the game. Once in a random game when i was playing a DD, it appeared and disappeared inside a cap area I had just entered and again a few days ago when I was playing the Nelson and it appeared at the start heading parallel to my ship about half a mile away. Has anyone else seen this or am I losing my mind?

• Funny 4

[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
755 posts
17,881 battles

Something like this you mean?

lochnessmonster.0.0.jpg

Sorry but I couldn't help it! :)

• Funny 20

[JRM]
Players
3,047 posts
18,333 battles

Aye a Nessie is prowling? Or mayhap a Sea Serpent of som kind?

[BLITZ]
Players
2,779 posts
10,269 battles
16 minutes ago, Baylor98 said:

I have seen a submarine's periscope

Replay?

• Cool 1

[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
755 posts
17,881 battles

Lol, he probably got sunk by it too! hahahah

• Funny 1

[CAPT]
Players
40 posts
9,170 battles
3 minutes ago, tsounts said:

Lol, he probably got sunk by it too! hahahah

No, but I did take evasive action. I suspect the WOW staff are testing something.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[BLITZ]
Players
2,779 posts
10,269 battles
2 minutes ago, Baylor98 said:

I suspect the WOW staff are testing something.

Darn you, Blizzard!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 5

[JRM]
Players
3,047 posts
18,333 battles

Hardly someone would have datamined the sub models by now

• Cool 1

[YAMUM]
Players
1,809 posts
20,750 battles
33 minutes ago, Baylor98 said:

I am sure on two separate occasions now I have seen a submarine's periscope during the game. Once in a random game when i was playing a DD, it appeared and disappeared inside a cap area I had just entered and again a few days ago when I was playing the Nelson and it appeared at the start heading parallel to my ship about half a mile away. Has anyone else seen this or am I losing my mind?

afaik replays are activated by default since quite a few patches, just as the "print" button shouldn't be too hard to find. so, if ya wanna show us something, plz go on and show off.

well if not..............*grumbles on way out*

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
538 posts
11,163 battles

Hello, I'm a doctor. Step aside, please give us some room.

Mr @Baylor98 have you been drinking seawater, by any chance? 

• Funny 7

Players
1,706 posts

I wonder if they could make submarines work without wrecking what's left of the game play. But I do have fond memories of the time when I was trying to my best to dodge Kaibokans and their dive bombs and keeping a nervous eye on the dive instruments....:fish_happy:

Players
4,494 posts
9,443 battles
1 hour ago, Baylor98 said:

Got any proof?

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
8,341 battles

Would be priceless if it were actually true....but not really of import since we can't properly detect and fight them yet. The depth charge racks/launchers/mortars and Hedgehog launchers s on DD and CL are mere models now.....but a little too detailed modelled for specific ships to have no purpose at all i suppose.

But i have seen more "work in progres" ships tested that are not in game yet. And these did do damage.

Beta Tester
514 posts
9,984 battles

Taking under consideration it is April Fools event ongoing, then just maybe it is for giggles?

It was not mentioned in patch notes, so doub it. Next time make a screen shot.

[CAPT]
Players
40 posts
9,170 battles

Looking at the latest news topic it seems I get the last laugh. I wasn't joking, It wasn't an April fool. I did see a sub and now we know why.

• Bad 1

[JRM]
Players
3,047 posts
18,333 battles
On 4/15/2019 at 4:21 PM, SteDorff said:

I saw one too on april 1 got a print scr

REDOKTTEST12.png

Ahaha missed that, might that be the T10 CCCP premium? :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[THESO]
Alpha Tester
18,658 posts
6,078 battles
31 minutes ago, Baylor98 said:

Looking at the latest news topic it seems I get the last laugh. I wasn't joking, It wasn't an April fool. I did see a sub and now we know why.

No....

You didn't see a sub on live server in a pvp game or what ever other game you think you saw. They will be tested on a test client, you need to download this specifically, and on a test server. 

But nice try bud.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,858 posts
17,286 battles
On 4/15/2019 at 10:14 AM, Baylor98 said:

Super testers and WG staff have had Subs for ages.. There is no such thing as a detonation in game mechanic its a Dastardly tester in a sneaky under water boat.. with torps with a surface detection of 0.1km.. If you quick you can see them just before you blow up. :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 3

[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,335 posts
3,697 battles
2 hours ago, Baylor98 said:

No. 

The gane files in april did not contain proper submarine models, only the comedy ones for the event. 

Plenty of maps have dynamic NP models like flights of plane, moving ground-based elements (trucks, etc), maybe for the april event there could be periscopes randomly spawned into matches with no submarine attached. 

Or it could have been an artifact of your PC having a conflict with the game. 

Or it could have been a fignent of your imagination. 

Whichever it was, you taking evasive action was beyond stupid, as a ship class that wasn't officially introduced couldn't have been in that battle and influence its outcome. Whatever isn't in the teamlist isn't. 

1 hour ago, T0byJug said:

Super testers and WG staff have had Subs for ages.. There is no such thing as a detonation in game mechanic its a Dastardly tester in a sneaky under water boat.. with torps with a surface detection of 0.1km.. If you quick you can see them just before you blow up. :Smile_hiding:

Sssshhhhhh! :cap_win:

[CAPT]
Players
40 posts
9,170 battles
6 hours ago, mtm78 said:

No....

You didn't see a sub on live server in a pvp game or what ever other game you think you saw. They will be tested on a test client, you need to download this specifically, and on a test server. 

But nice try bud.

You think they weren't tempted to live test in a recent update? have you looked at the code size increase of the updates recently, who knows whats in there!

• Boring 1