You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
mlgomez

Is anyone else getting this?

13 comments in this topic

[-SOG-]
Players
141 posts
3,193 battles

I'll try to be succinct and measured in this post: A large amount of my favorite ships (and premiums, for that matter) are T7 because I like having OK matchmaking (usually mid-tier or top-tier with some bottom-tier thrown in). However, since the release of the premium CVs it seems that my matchmaking is mostly T9 now. I know correlation is not causation and this could also be an effect from a large amount of people using their T9s to get ready for the next ranked season, too, (hell, I'm spamming my new Fletcher a lot, too, because I want to upgrade it and git gud) but I'm wondering if any other people have gotten a fair pounding in T9 MM a lot lately with their T7s. It's a bit frustrating, frankly, and if it happens often enough over the next few days, I'll just move down a tier or so. It's my totally subjective opinion that most T7s (at least the ones I have) perform more poorly in T9 MM than my T8s do in T10 MM. And it's hurting my already crap stats xD

My advice to people experiencing this is to go with Fuso, New Mexico, Dallas, Massachusetts, North Carolina, or any T6 or T8 ship they like. I, for one, might just start taking out my silver T8 CVs for a spin :cap_rambo:

[AAO]
Players
1,998 posts
10,201 battles

Imho tier seven hasn't been the "golden tier" for a while, hence I stopped playing it. It's still better (regarding its matchmaker) than tier 5,6 and 8, but it used to be much better (I'm talking about at least since half a year ago)

And together with tier 5 and 6 the ships there are the most :etc_swear: (nagato vs musashi, atlanta vs donskoi, and all the BS premium ships there) when seeing +2 - and you're supposed to depend on your top tier ships to do some heavy lifting, which will never happen.

Not to mention that if there's carriers in such a game - which would be a t8 cv - he will focus you, and he'll take a big dump over you as well.

• Cool 1

[EUR]
Players
369 posts
4,099 battles
6 hours ago, mlgomez said:

I'll try to be succinct and measured in this post: A large amount of my favorite ships (and premiums, for that matter) are T7 because I like having OK matchmaking (usually mid-tier or top-tier with some bottom-tier thrown in). However, since the release of the premium CVs it seems that my matchmaking is mostly T9 now. I know correlation is not causation and this could also be an effect from a large amount of people using their T9s to get ready for the next ranked season, too, (hell, I'm spamming my new Fletcher a lot, too, because I want to upgrade it and git gud) but I'm wondering if any other people have gotten a fair pounding in T9 MM a lot lately with their T7s. It's a bit frustrating, frankly, and if it happens often enough over the next few days, I'll just move down a tier or so. It's my totally subjective opinion that most T7s (at least the ones I have) perform more poorly in T9 MM than my T8s do in T10 MM. And it's hurting my already crap stats xD

My advice to people experiencing this is to go with Fuso, New Mexico, Dallas, Massachusetts, North Carolina, or any T6 or T8 ship they like. I, for one, might just start taking out my silver T8 CVs for a spin :cap_rambo:

yep, as most players get rid of their t8s and move to t7 the more the mm fixes games against t9s. But if you ask me, this is bearable , what isn't, is having to face 2 good cvs, while yrs (Both) are still learning the controls. So it all falls down to your dds to cover spot etc. Which wit the current state of dd play lately leads to catastrophic results like my beautiful 3-10 (W-L) column for the sunday 

Players
205 posts
8,962 battles

I wouldn't hurt to put in name of topic that is about MM, I was thinking it is some bug in game.

On the issue of MM, I have no idea actually, because I play what I am given and do not have any statistics vs what tier I was playing.

[SCRUB]
Players
3,039 posts
8,126 battles
6 hours ago, Saiyko said:

Imho tier seven hasn't been the "golden tier" for a while, hence I stopped playing it. It's still better (regarding its matchmaker) than tier 5,6 and 8, but it used to be much better (I'm talking about at least since half a year ago)

And together with tier 5 and 6 the ships there are the most :etc_swear: (nagato vs musashi, atlanta vs donskoi, and all the BS premium ships there) when seeing +2 - and you're supposed to depend on your top tier ships to do some heavy lifting, which will never happen.

Not to mention that if there's carriers in such a game - which would be a t8 cv - he will focus you, and he'll take a big dump over you as well.

Its always been the case (and lets face it its - logical) that WG pushes people towards T10.

Therefore we will see more and more content for T10 exclusively. Lower tiers will in the future be infested with premium ships mostly, unless they do something that people will keep silver ships and play them at low/mid tiers.

[-VIS-]
[-VIS-]
Players
289 posts
4,179 battles
1 ora fa, nambr9 ha scritto:

Its always been the case (and lets face it its - logical) that WG pushes people towards T10.

Therefore we will see more and more content for T10 exclusively. Lower tiers will in the future be infested with premium ships mostly, unless they do something that people will keep silver ships and play them at low/mid tiers.

Well, to be honest, I liked Exeter marathon because it had a tier limitation at 6-8: I had to take out my Fiji and Atago, I also bought Nelson and I enjoyed all the time spent with this mid-tier ships :cap_like:

• Cool 2

[ONE2]
Players
2,688 posts
15,336 battles
11 hours ago, mlgomez said:

Well, as per my observations this weekend. This seemed to be mainly duet to the CV's. Since we now have only the even-tier CV's in game AND now being simultaneously the time of the release of all tier 8 premium CV's AND on-going Fly-Strike grind, in which some task can only be completed with them (and most are easiest accomplished with a CV anyway). We will have 2 CV's every match AND we will also be blessed with the requisite MM, as often as possible. This sucks for most other tier 7 ships, except perhaps Atlanta. Which is why I played her almost the entire weekend. But it'll settle down eventually, I'd imagine.:Smile_Default:

If not -> More playing Atlanta, I guess. Though I really wouldn't mind being able to change ships every once-in-a-while. :cap_old:

Beta Tester
184 posts
6,664 battles

hey OP you are in for a nasty suprise with that tier8 carrier of yours. Mine ends up in tier10 matches more then anywhere else ;) 

[-SOG-]
Players
141 posts
3,193 battles
On 4/15/2019 at 1:50 PM, SgtTincan said:

hey OP you are in for a nasty suprise with that tier8 carrier of yours. Mine ends up in tier10 matches more then anywhere else ;) 

I don't mind playing Enterprise/Graf Zeppelin in T10 (though my stats are miserable because I'm still getting used to transitioning from Lexington-Midway to their playstyle, and I haven't had more than 10 matches in any of them yet; I'm waiting for the CV spam to cool down over the next few months to really start playing mine). 

Hell, the amount of XP and credits you can earn in T10 with your T8 ship make it worthwhile, I'd say. The problem is most of my T7s are ships I'd rather not face T9s with. I'd rather fight T10s with my T8s, frankly.

Players
72 posts
2,496 battles
On 4/15/2019 at 11:50 AM, SgtTincan said:

Err. No I do. Unless your percentage of being uptiered is higher than my 19% out of 80 battles.

:etc_swear::cap_cool:

Beta Tester
184 posts
6,664 battles

small sample size i know but Kaga 14 out of 20 in tier 9/10 Zeppelin 11 out of 20 in tier9+ implacable 8 out of 20 in tier9+

rng and i asume the time when i play adds to it, mostly evenings after 8pm (unless holidays then at any daytime)