You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
AirSupremacy

Please add helicopters to the game.

11 comments in this topic

[BW-UK]
Beta Tester
548 posts
5,129 battles

Dear WG,

please add helicopters to the game.

Some BB could have a chopper platform on board, to aid air defense as consumable against CV attacks.

Chopper - Heli defense

image.png.7f95ec5bc8495c13d3d12798a8362442.png

Ships also could have a crew cabin for onboard collectibles of the captain

Chopper collectible

image.png.f766268c242256d519a58656e0d03cfa.png

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 2

[BHSFL]
Players
1,399 posts
5,517 battles

Wrong game ? :Smile_facepalm:

WT tank players weren't exactly thrilled to see them either. Why would they be welcome in this game ? I would not mind but i don't see the early or modern ones posing any threat to ships with multiple .50 mg and heavier AA.

Besides that, naval helicopters to my knowledge are purely anti-submarine or sea rescue.....at most boarding marines. We don't have these roles in game. They are not meant to attack ships, even a small patrol/torpedo boat would probably be powerfull enough to gun an unarmoured  naval helicopter down. A Destroyer would easily do that. Naval helicopters  are usually not armoured attack helicopters the army used/uses.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
483 posts
8 minutes ago, The_fun_police said:

helicopters done fit the time frame of the game

Are you saying helicopters we not used operationally back then?

[TTT]
Players
4,245 posts
7,934 battles

There is one place where Helis would actually "fit" into the game - Republique has a Helipad on her stern, so they could give her Helis as a "Spotter Plane" consumable equivalent. Not that Repu needs such a buff currently, but...

• Cool 4

Players
169 posts

I think historically the Grosser Kürfurst always kept a squadron of attackhelicopter Eurocopter Tigers in her hangars. Why not give her those?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[WWGU]
Players
352 posts
7,662 battles

All RN ships bigger than the Black Swan need to have a fully tricked out Wildcat

Players
1,063 posts
8,050 battles
13 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

There is one place where Helis would actually "fit" into the game - Republique has a Helipad on her stern, so they could give her Helis as a "Spotter Plane" consumable equivalent. Not that Repu needs such a buff currently, but...

I believe Köln, the sister ship of our familiar Königsberg, at one stage had an experimental helicopter landing platform  for the Flettner Fl 282 Kolibri. Could be a fun, unique premium ship, just put that contraption there and use it as a spotter plane.

(This picture is not the Köln I think, can't find one with the helicopter platform)

flettner_kolibri_12.jpg

• Cool 5

4,166 posts
8,753 battles

Guys, if you have anything serious to add there's either the CV discussion or the suggestions thread. 

Thread closed.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 5