You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor

Social Justice Warships: Campaign to Fix CVs censored from Reddit

64 comments in this topic

[POP]
Weekend Tester
648 posts

Yes and it's kind of off-topic as well. I just thought that it's kind of halfway relevant possibly when historicity is considered a reason for having carriers in game when in reality the way they exist in WoWS is basically pure Hollywood (this is not necessarily a reason for excluding carriers, though, since the game itself isn't a very accurate representation of historical events). Then again Samar would've probably been turned into a number of movies already if it wasn't too Hollywood for Hollywood.

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,425 posts
6,923 battles
18 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

The only other time I can think of a carrier coming under gun attack is the sinking of HMS Glorious.

She got crippled the moment the engagement started and couldn't launch any planes tho so it doesn't particularly fit your criteria, leaving Samar as the only true example I believe.

Just saying. Don't particularly want to advocate either side since I believe this discussion to be pointless as we've already established previously.

C'mon, you're playing Kancolle. Don't forget Gamby.

EDIT : realized you were talking about Samar just before. Nvm. xD

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,244 posts
14,972 battles
5 minutes ago, ShinGetsu said:

C'mon, you're playing Kancolle. Don't forget Gamby.

13 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

The only other time

I would never forget about Gamby-chan. :Smile_veryhappy:

*degeneracy weebness intensifies*

10 minutes ago, AndyHill said:

Then again Samar would've probably been turned into a number of movies already if it wasn't too Hollywood for Hollywood.

I was actually rather surprised when I found that there isn't a movie about Samar considering they made one about Audie Murphy whose biography reads like a script for a :etc_swear:ing Call of Duty game. He even played himself in it and apparently they had to cut scenes because Murphy thought viewers wouldn't believe that stuff really happened if they had shown them.

Anyway tho, enough off topic.

[BHSFL]
Players
1,431 posts
5,618 battles

I'm sure WG is brewing on premium AA Destroyers that you can purchase as an "admiral pack" for only 127 euro's.  If you do not want to buy them to restore "natural order"...Hey, that is up to you. Freeloaders do not get to choose i suppose.  :Smile-_tongue:

[BW-UK]
Beta Tester
570 posts
5,184 battles
37 minutes ago, AndyHill said:

Yes and it's kind of off-topic as well. I just thought that it's kind of halfway relevant possibly when historicity is considered a reason for having carriers in game when in reality the way they exist in WoWS is basically pure Hollywood (this is not necessarily a reason for excluding carriers, though, since the game itself isn't a very accurate representation of historical events). Then again Samar would've probably been turned into a number of movies already if it wasn't too Hollywood for Hollywood.

image.png.d14353e3240f468eb045d9e88d84f682.png

[SCRUB]
Players
8,009 posts
10,403 battles
14 minutes ago, AirSupremacy said:

image.png.d14353e3240f468eb045d9e88d84f682.png

Oy, don't knock on that movie, it's one of the finer examples of modern sophisticated artistry.

[OLEUM]
Players
146 posts
5,760 battles
3 hours ago, ShinGetsu said:

CVs are fun. So nope.

Removing them outright after all the time and money WG invested in that rework will not happen. Drive this onto your thick skull.

Not fun ever!!! idiotic rework!!! unplayable!!! 

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
2,827 posts

Where do I need to sign if I don't agree with that stupid petition?

Players
1,440 posts
245 battles

Who's gamby chan?

Also stage 2 has basically happened due to wargaming limiting the amount of cv's per game to basically 1 (unless the mm cant find any and will put 1 higher tier and 1 lower tier cv's together)

[BHSFL]
Players
1,431 posts
5,618 battles

I do not agree with it either.

One of the next things in line is French DD......there will be no shortage of DD after that happens, which will upset other class players too that wil be victim of that.....but we all know that won't last forever. People tire of ships after the new is off it. All use will eventually normalize, without any nerfing or removing nessesary.

[WONLY]
Players
262 posts
5 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

Who's gamby chan?

Also stage 2 has basically happened due to wargaming limiting the amount of cv's per game to basically 1 (unless the mm cant find any and will put 1 higher tier and 1 lower tier cv's together)

For T10 MM yes. Mid-Tiers are still cancer due to 4 CVs all the time and need the same treatment.

• Cool 1

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,482 posts
6,702 battles
1 hour ago, ShinGetsu said:

Really ? You think a CV literally able to one-strike ANY ship in game except maybe for a Yamto/GK was fine ? Sure the old RTS was more "skilled", but the sheer alpha strike they had was just too much sometimes. I remember those literal one-tap AP DB drops I did on some Des Moines or Worcester sometimes. 51500 HP gone in one drop.

It was frustrating and, although skilled, I only played them a handful of time, at most 2 times a day, because it was super exhausting. Current CV are more fun, less exhausting to play against a skilled opponent and the skill gap is still there. IMO the biggest issue left is how WG still didn't change how much a ship become stronger with the AA build. The difference between with and without is too big.

5xmUwT4.jpg

[RO-RN]
Players
477 posts
6,264 battles

They will remove them when they remove ARTA from wot! So never! but that does not mean that they can not nerf them or make them unplayable))

4,246 posts
8,770 battles

If you want to discuss CV related topics (even with the intention of helping WG to better the situation for players if you think it's currently off) use the existing threads.

Thread closed.

• Bad 1