You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor

Social Justice Warships: Campaign to Fix CVs censored from Reddit

64 comments in this topic

Players
1,647 posts
12,253 battles

There are many people who say they don't like the new carriers but apparently, only very few people are prepared to at least try and do something about it.

And those get shut down without so much as a "Hello" and "Here's why".

This post was censored from Reddit:

[link removed]

Here is the text of the original campaign, which you can be in two minds about but which I think is neither unreasonable nor toxic, unconstructive etc. I've read much worse go unpunished, on Reddit as well as this forum.

Is somebody scared of players organizing or something? Sure looks like it

[link removed]

Online Petition: Wargaming, please fix the aircraft carriers in World of Warships!

[link removed]

A global online petition has been created, asking Wargaming to finally fix the CVs.

[link removed]

While poll after poll shows the class to have a very low approval, and most players actively dislike them, currently almost every Random battle has one or two aircraft carriers in them.

The petitioners consider two fixes acceptable:

1. Either WG remove CVs from the game completely as a playable class of ships; or

2. by whatever means WG consider appropriate and necessary, they limit the number of CVs in Random battles to a maximum of one per side across all tiers and bring down the percentage of Random battles with CVs participation, in line with the ships' approval rating among the player base, which is currently significantly below 20 per cent.

Please support the petition!

Here is what you can do:

• Sign the petition and share it across your social networks, web forums, clans etc. Hashtags #FixCVs and #FixCVsPetition - make it trend!

• Start exerting economic pressure on Wargaming.

• Show your support in public, for example by adding the prefix "FixCVs" to your in-game nick.

• Be creative - develop more fun ideas to nudge WG in the right direction and create publicity. And don't forget to share them!

• Always be mindful, respectful and goal-oriented. Every fellow gamer is entitled to his or her opinion. And in the end, it is Wargaming's prerogative to do what they please with their game. Hurling abuse or threats at WG or fellow gamers will not help our cause.

Wargaming's business model rests on two main foundations: earnings from players who spend money on ships, premium time etc, and server population. There have to be enough players on the server to form teams and keep waiting times low. Free-to-play players (F2P) are therefore just as important for their business as paying customers.

To exert pressure on Wargaming, you can take a break from the game, but you don't have to stop playing WoWs, at least not right away. You can stop playing battle types that have aircraft carriers and exclusively play modes without CVs, like Space Battles and Clan Battles. Should Wargaming fail to react within in a few weeks, we can always step up the pressure.

Another idea would be to help create an unfun gaming experience in battle types with CVs. Belfast, Giulio, Kutuzov, Black, Asashio etc - use the "rare" OP premium ships. Go sealclubbing. Form cancer divisions. etc. etc.

In any event though, you should stop spending money on the game until the CV issue is resolved.

In this context, changing your nick by adding the prefix "FixCVs" seems a little contradictory since it costs 2,500 gold doubloons, which mostly need to be purchased with real money. It seems worth it though, for the publicity but also as a sign of good will toward Wargaming - and after all, the nick will need to be changed back again, once all this is over. In the end, our goal is not to push WG out of business but to improve the gaming experience for the majority of players.

Links removed  - Allied_Winter

• Cool 8
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 7
  • Bad 6
  • Angry 1

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,481 posts
6,964 battles

CVs are fun. So nope.

Removing them outright after all the time and money WG invested in that rework will not happen. Drive this onto your thick skull.

• Cool 10
  • Bad 7

[BYOB]
Players
3,528 posts
13,356 battles
2 minutes ago, ShinGetsu said:

CVs are fun. So nope.

Removing them outright after all the time and money WG invested in that rework will not happen. Drive this onto your thick skull.

While I don't consider CVs to be fun, WG has invested too much money to just limit or outright remove them from the game.

• Cool 2

[DREAD]
Players
6,648 posts
5,538 battles

This CV hate is ridiculous. What’s next: remove all cruisers as well? Or DDs because they can torp from stealth which is soooooooo unfair? No counterplay for a Poor BB sitting in the A-line?  

• Cool 8
  • Bad 7

Players
214 posts
7,274 battles
10 minutes ago, ShinGetsu said:

CVs are fun. So nope.

i think what you meant to say was "CVs are fun for 2 out of 24 people in a match(or 4 out of 24)"...

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4

[-AP-]
Players
1,434 posts
3,595 battles
12 minutes ago, ShinGetsu said:

CVs are fun. So nope.

Every poll and statistic we have say that the majority of the playerbase dont think that carriers are fun.

But that doesnt matter, whatever your opinion on the subject is, doesnt matter. What does matter is that this thread was not rude, nor did it do anything that was against any rules, the simple fact is that wargaming censored it, and the only logical reason i can find as to why they censored it, is because they were afraid it might gain traction.

This has happened before in world of tanks, a youtuber named sirfoch made a video full of swearing, flaming wargaming for their pay2win schemes in that game, wargaming copyright-struck that video, and drowned in a storm of crap. They got bad attention from video game journals, jim sterling, reddit, the forum flooded, the mighty jingles - the biggest world of tanks youtuber left their cc program, they got so much crap for that piece of censorship, and that was a video which mainly consisted of "f wargaming".

This time they censored a well written article(no matter your viewpoint of the discussion topic), which had a solid discussion point and no rude language. I dont know about you guys, but im not particularly fond of censorship.

Wargaming has gone to far(again), lets make them face the same shitstorm they did when they tried this the last time.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1

[M_OB]
Players
500 posts
4,258 battles

CVs are fun, one of my favorite classes in the game right now. The problem is that it makes other classes so effin frustrating to play because of it (DDs). Honestly I dont know how to fix it, maybe severly increase dispersion of rockets so that they will barely do any damage to DDs. Or make them always overpen like BB shells. The issue here however is that CVs then become defensless against a DD out to hunt you, but maybe it should be like that I dont know.

• Cool 2

Players
2,094 posts
7,287 battles

There boring to play but they will never remove them. Spent too much time and money on them to pull the plug.

They shouldn't censor the partition, they should be embracing it. They are acting very guilty by doing so, people like freedom of speech.

• Cool 2

[-AP-]
Players
1,434 posts
3,595 battles

Please people, do not turn this into a carrier discussion poll, that is not what the subject is about, even if carriers were a perfectly good and fun class in this game, what wargaming did is inacceptable.

Dont derail the thread into cv discussion, we have other threads for that.

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Beta Tester
372 posts
7,077 battles
45 minutes ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

[...]

2) by whatever means you consider appropriate and necessary, limit the number of CVs in Random battles to a maximum of one per side across all tiers and bring the percentage of Random battles with CVs participation in line with the ships' approval rating among the player base, which is currently significantly below 20 per cent.

CV population is already under the 20% mark... Petition fullfilled. Rejoice!

But my guess is that Point 1 (remove CV) is what the petition wants to happen. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
1,647 posts
12,253 battles
Vor 9 Minuten, Namuras sagte:

2) by whatever means you consider appropriate and necessary, limit the number of CVs in Random battles to a maximum of one per side across all tiers and bring the percentage of Random battles with CVs participation in line with the ships' approval rating among the player base, which is currently significantly below 20 per cent.

CV population is already under the 20% mark... Petition fullfilled. Rejoice!

It's not about the CV population, it's about the fact they are in almost every battle. Currently. Which is correct. It was about 60% early last week and has since then gone up considerably.

What they want is to have four fifths of Random battles to not have  CVs in them.

Players
1,647 posts
12,253 battles
Vor 42 Minuten, Colonel_Boom sagte:

This thread's title says alot about you and yes, it is unconstructive.

Well, I've over-achieved my fair share of constructive postings so I don't give a hoot.

• Funny 1

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,481 posts
6,964 battles
23 minutes ago, thiextar said:

Every poll and statistic we have say that the majority of the playerbase dont think that carriers are fun.

And the majority of the playerbase is composed of clueless idiots that camps line A and have literally no idea about how to play the game.

Of course they wouldn't find CV fun.

I played the CV in the recent clanbattle test with them, and frankly that was way, way more fun than the current meta without them. And since the rework I play a lot more my Midway and premium CV. Even started the british line with the Implacable. 

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[DREAD]
Players
6,648 posts
5,538 battles
3 minutes ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

What they want is to have four fifths of Random battles to not have  CVs in them.

Then “they” may be better off with playing a game portraying naval battles before WW2. 

• Boring 2

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,594 posts
15,316 battles

Tl;dr:

Petition that can display real life information about its participants gets removed.

Really, what about this is particularly surprising? Heck, this is actually against the forum rules as well. Expect this thread to be removed too.

• Cool 2

[OGHF]
Players
791 posts
12,984 battles

Try playing a T6 DD when the teams have 2 x T8 CV’s in them, you don't stand a chance, nor do T6 BB’s when CV. Can drop 3 torps at a time, rinse and repeat, it is painful to watch and be part of.

[DREAD]
Players
6,648 posts
5,538 battles
1 minute ago, Cyclops_ said:

Try playing a T6 DD when the teams have 2 x T8 CV’s in them, you don't stand a chance, nor do T6 BB’s when CV. Can drop 3 torps at a time, rinse and repeat, it is painful to watch and be part of.

Try playing a T6 CV in T8. Same thing. But that’s a Matchmaker Problem not a CV problem 

• Cool 1

Players
1,647 posts
12,253 battles
Vor 54 Minuten, Colonel_Boom sagte:

This thread's title says alot about you and yes, it is unconstructive.

Well, I've over-achieved my fair share of constructive postings so I don't give a hoot.

Vor 32 Minuten, thiextar sagte:

Well, there may be a lot of bias in those polls. People who think everything is fine rarely write emotional postings in web forum etc. Just look at all the negative comments it got on the reddit. And only 8 signatures on the petition.

The thing is though:

All the CV opponents who don't do anything more than complain about it on social media and web forums - if they don't do more after this, then they lose any right to complain.

Just like nobody who still plays WoT has any right to complain about artillery.

Zitat

This has happened before in world of tanks, a youtuber named sirfoch made a video full of swearing,

Well you can't really compare this to the SirFoch incident. This initiative has a lot less visibility and there is no abuse whatsoever.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,173 posts
10,691 battles
31 minutes ago, thiextar said:

Every poll and statistic we have say that the majority of the playerbase dont think

Shortened for emphasis.

• Funny 1

[DREAD]
Players
6,648 posts
5,538 battles
1 minute ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

Well, there may be a lot of bias in those polls. People who think everything is fine rarely write emotional postings in web forum etc. Just look at all the negative comments it got on the reddit. And only 8 signatures on the petition.

The thing is though:

All the CV opponents who don't do anything more than complain about it on social media and web forums - if they donÄt do more after this, then they lose any right to complain.

Just like nobody who still plays WoT has any right to complain about artillery.

Well you can't really compare this to the SirFoch incident. This initiative has a lot less visibility and there is no abuse whatsoever.

Thing is: ppl think the WHOLE game needs to be exactly how they want it. Simple truth is - it’s not gonna happen. There will be things some like and there will be things that some dislike. That’s life.

If “they” want a game 100% to their liking they need to create their own game. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 3

Players
1,647 posts
12,253 battles
Vor 1 Minute, 1MajorKoenig sagte:

If “they” want a game 100% to their liking they need to create their own game. 

You see, and that's where you are wrong.

That is not how the world works and it is possible to change things if you are ready to get off your bottom and do something.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[FL4-0]
Players
1,459 posts
8,008 battles

I like the CV, stop crying.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[FJAKA]
Players
1,900 posts
336 battles
1 hour ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

There are many people who say they don't like the new carriers but apparently, only very few people are prepared to at least try and do something about it.

And those get shut down without so much as a "Hello" and "Here's why".

This post was censored from Reddit:

Here is the text of the original campaign, which you can be in two minds about but which I think is neither unreasonable nor toxic, unconstructive etc. I've read much worse go unpunished, on Reddit as well as this forum.

Is somebody scared of players organizing or something? Sure looks like it

https://pastebin.com/Nzkf1MW8

Online Petition: Wargaming, please fix the aircraft carriers in World of Warships!

image.png.3f9dbf02bc20c7bf7b8b92ec685d3357.png

Discussion

A global online petition has been created, asking Wargaming to finally fix the CVs.

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/wg-fix-cvs-in-wows

While poll after poll shows the class to have a very low approval, and most players actively dislike them, currently almost every Random battle has one or two aircraft carriers in them.

The petitioners consider two fixes acceptable:

1. Either WG remove CVs from the game completely as a playable class of ships; or

2. by whatever means WG consider appropriate and necessary, they limit the number of CVs in Random battles to a maximum of one per side across all tiers and bring down the percentage of Random battles with CVs participation, in line with the ships' approval rating among the player base, which is currently significantly below 20 per cent.

Please support the petition!

Here is what you can do:

• Sign the petition and share it across your social networks, web forums, clans etc. Hashtags #FixCVs and #FixCVsPetition - make it trend!

• Start exerting economic pressure on Wargaming.

• Show your support in public, for example by adding the prefix "FixCVs" to your in-game nick.

• Be creative - develop more fun ideas to nudge WG in the right direction and create publicity. And don't forget to share them!

• Always be mindful, respectful and goal-oriented. Every fellow gamer is entitled to his or her opinion. And in the end, it is Wargaming's prerogative to do what they please with their game. Hurling abuse or threats at WG or fellow gamers will not help our cause.

Wargaming's business model rests on two main foundations: earnings from players who spend money on ships, premium time etc, and server population. There have to be enough players on the server to form teams and keep waiting times low. Free-to-play players (F2P) are therefore just as important for their business as paying customers.

To exert pressure on Wargaming, you can take a break from the game, but you don't have to stop playing WoWs, at least not right away. You can stop playing battle types that have aircraft carriers and exclusively play modes without CVs, like Space Battles and Clan Battles. Should Wargaming fail to react within in a few weeks, we can always step up the pressure.

Another idea would be to help create an unfun gaming experience in battle types with CVs. Belfast, Giulio, Kutuzov, Black, Asashio etc - use the "rare" OP premium ships. Go sealclubbing. Form cancer divisions. etc. etc.

In any event though, you should stop spending money on the game until the CV issue is resolved.

In this context, changing your nick by adding the prefix "FixCVs" seems a little contradictory since it costs 2,500 gold doubloons, which mostly need to be purchased with real money. It seems worth it though, for the publicity but also as a sign of good will toward Wargaming - and after all, the nick will need to be changed back again, once all this is over. In the end, our goal is not to push WG out of business but to improve the gaming experience for the majority of players.

Booooring. Ltp and things will be good 

• Boring 1

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Beta Tester
372 posts
7,077 battles
18 minutes ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

It's not about the CV population, it's about the fact they are in almost every battle. Currently. Which is correct. It was about 60% early last week and has since then gone up considerably.

So... basically pre rework numbers... which would mean that WG would have to make CV so unattractive or the famous skill gap so big that almost no one bothers with the class...