You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
incM

slingshot drop or cv gameplay at his worst...

41 comments in this topic

[PC]
Players
255 posts

I have made the right decision by not logging on much in the last week it seems. 

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,626 posts
15,348 battles

FFS Yuro giving away one of my topkek secrets. :(

20 minutes ago, Cagliostro_chan said:

Funnily enough, either no, or he just doesn't use it much in the battles he uploads to YT.

Actually yes, known about this for quite some time. Began theorycrafting this stuff ever since I found that bombers get immunity and acceleration after a drop.

Funnily enough though I've actually never needed to use it so far outside of testing in the training room and I think one instance against an Atlanta. The thing about this is that it is only ever really useful against AA ships sailing out in the open and ONLY AA ships. Against everything else it is much preferable to just let full squadrons work him over for higher damage. Given that AA ships sailing out in the open and not hugging an island is kinda rare and you get a technique that is highly situational. In most of the examples Yuro shows at the end of the video he could have fairly easily used island cover to achieve the same or perhaps even better results by virtue of getting a second attack instead.

I've kinda alluded to this stuff (and more) and more in my previous thread

On 3/18/2019 at 9:24 PM, El2aZeR said:

Alright, that's it for now.

and when I asked @Bear_Necessities if I should make another thread about CV exploits. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

Players
342 posts
3,092 battles
1 hour ago, Namuras said:

I'd say it is working as intended, but not used as intended... 

This mechanic prevents you from losing planes you have no control over

Here's the thing, you do have control over them in this state, you just have to use WASD to steer them.

[PORT]
Modder
1,642 posts
11,878 battles

The boost-after-drop was implemented to prevent players from staying in close-range-AA and drop again.

This method works, but requires to start at the perfect moment and the target not turning. Have tried it sometimes, but in the end I prefer the flexibility of the usual attack.

Players
342 posts
3,092 battles
4 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Actually yes, known about this for quite some time. Began theorycrafting this stuff ever since I found that bombers get immunity and acceleration after a drop.

Funnily enough though I've actually never needed to use it so far outside of testing in the training room and I think one instance against an Atlanta. The thing about this is that it is only ever really useful against AA ships sailing out in the open and ONLY AA ships. Against everything else it is much preferable to just let full squadrons work him over for higher damage. Given that AA ships sailing out in the open and not hugging an island is kinda rare and you get a technique that is highly situational. In most of the examples Yuro shows at the end of the video he could have fairly easily used island cover to achieve the same or perhaps even better results by virtue of getting a second attack instead.

and when I asked @Bear_Necessities if I should make another thread about CV exploits. :Smile_trollface:

By the way, you alluded to me some time ago that you had found another fighter exploit. Just out of curiosity, did it involve using this speed boost to outrun them?

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,626 posts
15,348 battles
11 minutes ago, who_dares_wins said:

By the way, you alluded to me some time ago that you had found another fighter exploit. Just out of curiosity, did it involve using this speed boost to outrun them?

It is one of the ways, yes.

The other is actually pretty topkek but can only be used by TBs. I've already shown it in one of my videos so here it is:

- do the previous fighter exploit

- as soon as fighters catch up to you again, use heal

- fighters despawn faster than they can kill you

Do note that I found this to be vastly more unreliable than the previous exploit especially against bigger fighter squads that have much higher damage output. You do actually tend to lose planes even if you pull it off successfully but not nearly as many as you would have otherwise.

Demonstration here:

Spoiler

Start 15:16 if timestamp doesn't work.

- Notice how I pull my attack like the previous exploit.

- As soon as fighters start dealing damage again, I use heal

- Fighters despawn after I only lose one plane ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

- 2nd fighter comes and kills my squad but I still get a successful drop

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NWP]
Players
1,474 posts
10,448 battles
15 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

And as a surface ship play I’m glad you didn’t... but now the cats out the bag...

Players
1,811 posts
245 battles
45 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

And as a surface ship play I’m glad you didn’t... but now the cats out the bag...

He'll find another way, el2azer needs global balans immediantly.

Also can i haz miss yorkie nowah pls?

[SCRUB]
Players
3,128 posts
8,327 battles

The amount of thought WG has put into the rework kinda reminds me of this clip...

Players
264 posts
1,706 battles

Vor 2 Stunden, Panocek sagte:
Vor 2 Stunden, CptBarney sagte:

i wonder if el2azer knows about this?

Do you really want him to break 6k base exp?

Take 3 caps solo with a CV and you're  pretty close to it (though those game situations where capping 2 bases alone in CV happen not often, might had been a only enemy DD or CV alive situation)

I'm curious for the replay of that game development 2b honest.

A signifcant share of those impressive 5,2k base Exp came from taking 2 caps solo, as Exp-reward for capping grows exponentially over the classes DD<<Cruiser<<BB<<CV.

Even dealing 100k more damage wouldn't had result in 6k base.

Players
1,234 posts
3,646 battles
4 hours ago, incM said:

Ever wondered why your AA doesnt hits a crap and every cv player gets even your DM down...

Take a look and praise the whole fucked up CV system

Sling Shot Drop by Yuro

Interesting the, the music killed me lol but as one who is forever trying to get the DB  techniques right, this was helpful, I'm thinking Yuro is some sort of CV unicom right?

Players
5,541 posts
8,172 battles
5 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

Interesting the, the music killed me lol but as one who is forever trying to get the DB  techniques right, this was helpful, I'm thinking Yuro is some sort of CV unicom right?

Yuro is guy in general who, no matter how hard he tries, can't get 5 out of 2+2

[-RT-]
Players
720 posts
15,793 battles
4 hours ago, CptBarney said:

i wonder if el2azer knows about this?

Everyone who plays CV knows about this for ages but it's only viable for some suicide drops or if you only want to drop once but who wants that? Shortening your squad, which is here the case forces you to strike less which overall hurts your impact. This technique is nothing special tbh and most of the time it's not worth it since for example dropping in a 3x3 squad setup forces you to run out of AA after the drop with only 3 planes instead of 6. Sure you take some AA on your way in but you take less AA on your way out because of larger squad size which overall will loses you less planes. Squad shortening is a really bad technique used the wrong way by a lot of ppl. Even if you go for a suicide run, it's usually better to take the full squad and manouver the remaining planes out of AA after the drop and not lose any planes at all becides the strike force.

Most ppl commenting about such stuff have no clue about CVs and if what's post is even an advantage.

• Cool 2

Players
452 posts
968 battles

Like elazar has said, not very useful, I’m more concerned about how the hell my APDBs can miss entirely even though I’m dropping so close that you start to question why the hell there is still no kamikazes. And some time ago I had a bomb bounce off a numburg. A complete bounce, No idea why.

[BLITZ]
Players
2,537 posts
9,821 battles
12 minutes ago, howardxu_23 said:

No idea why.

Cause that ship doesn't exist.

• Bad 1

1,651 posts
6,092 battles

Hello folks,

This was already posted in CV discussion thread.

Hence this thread has nothing to offer new on the subject,

Please use the existing CV discussion thread and help us keep the forum tidy and clean please.

Gd'day,

Excavatus

• Boring 3
  • Bad 5