You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HussarKaz

WG, fix Tier 6 MM!

21 comments in this topic

Players
206 posts
595 battles

Tier 6 MM is a total crap. I constantly get into battles where three or four Tier 6 ships in a team challenge a horde of Tier 8s and a few Tier 7s.

WG PLEASE FIX DIS

image.png.979107f39ce3f5da49bce9b2306484d3.png

• Funny 4
  • Boring 2

[NWP]
Players
5,126 posts
6,592 battles

They cant fix this.

It is down to what people are playing - simple math. The same math which puts T8 into T10 MM often too.

Many people play T10 because they see it as "endgame" content. T9 is usually a tier with fewer players (simply because you can play T10 right away), while T8 has more players, because there are a lot of iconic ships on that tier. Also many premium CVs are around now because they just released them.

T5-6 are played less, because most people only grind through those tiers. I dont see a reason to play T6 either :cap_old: If anything, i pick T7.

But there is no way to fix this, if anything, it will get worse the less people are playing on certain tiers.

• Cool 1

Players
206 posts
595 battles

Of course they can:

- patterns like in WOT
- divide T8 and T10 players by giving these tiers more 1-level battles

• Cool 1

[L4GG]
Players
1,719 posts
6,705 battles
6 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I dont see a reason to play T6 either :cap_old: If anything, i pick T7

I still pick t6 over t7

With two exceptions, but those two ships doesn't make a full tier.

15 minutes ago, HussarKaz said:

Tier 6 MM is a total crap. I constantly get into battles where three or four Tier 6 ships in a team challenge a horde of Tier 8s and a few Tier 7s

t6 MM is fine.

I like to fight against Gneisenau and Bismarck, now I'm so used to them..

But they could return Cleveland to t6, now t8 has a premium Cleveland and they could give Columbia? to t8 has a silver ship.

[NWP]
Players
1,387 posts
10,348 battles

T6 is a fun tier. Some great ships, in fact T6 overall has some of the most balanced ships Tier for Tier. Aoba, Leander, La Gal, Fuso, Ryujo, Icarus, Farragut, Fubuki, Budyonny and Nuremberg are just a few. And some of the prem ships are flat out great. Arizona, De Grasse, Duca D’Aosta, Anshan, Monaghan, Makarov and Perth are just a few also. Also T-61 is one of the strongest DD’s in game for its tier.

Love playing Tier 6.

• Cool 3

[STARS]
Beta Tester
118 posts
13,249 battles

And it will earn you more xp and credits when fighting higher tiers....

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,655 posts
19,554 battles

*laughs in fuso*.... plz hell no! plzzzzz keep on feeding mi fuso with muchomucho t8's and keep those useless-whack-shot t5's outta ma earnings!!!! :Smile_trollface:

Players
5,410 posts
8,123 battles

If you want tier 6 MM to be fixed... oh boy, you're for a treat once you get to tier 8:cap_popcorn:

• Funny 2

Players
206 posts
595 battles
13 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

T6 is a fun tier. Some great ships, in fact T6 overall has some of the most balanced ships Tier for Tier. Aoba, Leander, La Gal, Fuso, Ryujo, Icarus, Farragut, Fubuki, Budyonny and Nuremberg are just a few. And some of the prem ships are flat out great. Arizona, De Grasse, Duca D’Aosta, Anshan, Monaghan, Makarov and Perth are just a few also. Also T-61 is one of the strongest DD’s in game for its tier.

Love playing Tier 6.

Of course it is. Fully agree. But playing Ranger againist horde of 8s is a pure pain xD

[NWP]
Players
1,387 posts
10,348 battles
4 minutes ago, HussarKaz said:

Of course it is. Fully agree. But playing Ranger againist horde of 8s is a pure pain xD

Have to admit Ranger isn’t one I played. Do like Ryujo. Yet to give Furious a real outing.

[-RM-]
Players
374 posts
5,259 battles

I play a lot of tier 6, mostly in BB:s (Fuso and Arizona are my go to ships)

Havnt had any issues with the MM

As someone said it will only get worse the higher tier ships you play, hmm..  so if u are struggling at tier 6..

[BFS]
Beta Tester
493 posts

Tier 6 only get to see tier 6 and 8 carriers? Whereas tier 5 gets tier 4 and 6 carriers, tier 8 gets tier 6/8/10 carriers.

Tier 6 never gets to see tier 4’s, they effectively have a -1/+2 matchmaker, same as tier 5 that also has -1/+2.

Tier 5 gets the Gulio Cesare :cap_cool:

I’m not sure why the tier 6 should be worse than tier 5? Other than being exposed to better carriers?

Try tier 4, it’s a fun tier, max 5, min 3, and the tier spread is only +/-1.

[NWP]
Players
5,126 posts
6,592 battles
6 minutes ago, Skurfa said:

I’m not sure why the tier 6 should be worse than tier 5? Other than being exposed to better carriers

T5 vs T7 is bad, but T6 vs T8 is just worse.

T5 DDs have very good concealment compared to T6/7 DDs, so thats usually no problem.

T5 Cruisers are extremely squishy, but it doesnt matter so much if you fight same tier cruisers or higher ones

T5 BBs are still dreadnought style, so they have better armor, usually only thin armor at Bow/aft section which other BBs can overmatch.

Now if you look at T6 BBs, which have paper armor all around which gets overmatched by T8 BBs, while at the same time they cant overmatch the T8 BBs because they are covered in 32mm armor. Its like every T8 BB would be a Yamato if you would compare it to hightiers.

For DDs, T8 has Concealment module.

Cruisers same as always, they struggle mostly when -2 on any tier.

• Cool 2

[BFS]
Beta Tester
493 posts
4 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Cruisers same as always, they struggle mostly when -2 on any tier.

All in all, I agree.

This is also where cruisers learn to be annoying, hiding behind islands, or kiting at max range.... One of the most annoying aspects when running high level BB’s.:cap_viking:

On the other hand, I do the same :cap_cool:

• Cool 1

[4_0_4]
Players
5,306 posts
11,520 battles
8 hours ago, HussarKaz said:

- patterns like in WOT

NO. Everything but not such a stale MM-System.

Players
235 posts
1,384 battles

I've had it a few times especially as tier VI is now my favourite tier, but for the times I get into predominately tier VIII battles I just relax and think that there is also some other poor idiot on the enemy team thinking the same as me. The pressure is off, time for some artistry rather than the 'do this or do that' diatribe, it can be fun. Play to the situation you are in.

[EUR]
Players
370 posts
4,103 battles
16 hours ago, LeSnoet said:

And it will earn you more xp and credits when fighting higher tiers....

Not if u constant lose. Constant lose drains your account :)

*Lossi btw means raft (small boat)

[ONE2]
Players
2,727 posts
15,713 battles
2 hours ago, lossi_2018 said:

Not if u constant lose. Constant lose drains your account :)

*Lossi btw means raft (small boat)

Not really, at tier 6. Even if you lose, if you do at the least SOMETHING during the game you still tend to earn anyways. Never had a game when I actually lost cretin... I mean creDITS, unless I was playing at tier 9 or 10.:cap_hmm:

But of course, I usually get myself premium time for the weekends (just a weekend player here).:Smile_Default:

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
1,832 posts
15,841 battles

In general my advice would be - dont play weak ships that are horrendously bad when bottom tier...

IF you HAVE to do it (ie a grind for something worthwile up the line and dont want to throw freexp on skipping it) either load up on camos and flags with +xp or go grind it out in ops (i know some ops hardcore tryhards will jump on me now but f* it) at least for t6 and 7 ships respectively when the apropriate op is running, t5 still gets decent mm in general and doesnt take so long to get through so you can do it in coop in a pinch as well so shouldnt be much of an issue and t8+ is, well high tiers, either take your medicine when bottom tier (more often then not) but get more xp and money for damage or wait for the rank season featuring the repective tier

[EUR]
Players
370 posts
4,103 battles
48 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Not really, at tier 6. Even if you lose, if you do at the least SOMETHING during the game you still tend to earn anyways. Never had a game when I actually lost cretin... I mean creDITS, unless I was playing at tier 9 or 10.:cap_hmm:

But of course, I usually get myself premium time for the weekends (just a weekend player here).:Smile_Default:

ye no premium + lose I meant sorry :)

with premium you gain some and weekend players always help with the lose part haha :) no offense, it is just the time of the week when the losses pile up haha :D

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,473 posts
7,889 battles
20 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

T5 vs T7 is bad, but T6 vs T8 is just worse.

Yeah, and T7 vs T9 is worser and T8 vs T10 is Worcester....

• Funny 1