Sign in to follow this  
DB2212

Return player count to the port screen

10 comments in this topic

[TAYTO]
Players
805 posts
8,393 battles

Why did you remove player counts from the port screen?
Are you scared that all recent changes are decreasing player numbers and want to hide that?

Bring player count back to port screen please.

• Cool 3

Players
2,897 posts

I agree

edit* I agree with putting it back I don't want to comment on the politics of the decision :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 2

[ADRIA]
Players
281 posts
12,513 battles

Reposting my comment from that thread:

To free up some space for information relevant to players, we’ve also updated the panel in the upper-left part of the Port. The server name and number of players have been moved to the main menu, which is opened with the ESC key.

From the patch notes: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-082-intergalactic-games/

Reading patch notes is hard. :Smile_trollface:

Beta Tester
3,371 posts
6,485 battles
6 hours ago, Miki12345 said:

Reposting my comment from that thread:

To free up some space for information relevant to players, we’ve also updated the panel in the upper-left part of the Port. The server name and number of players have been moved to the main menu, which is opened with the ESC key.

From the patch notes: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-082-intergalactic-games/

Reading patch notes is hard. :Smile_trollface:

But for what is the space now open? my imagination? I hate that I have to press a different button to access information I had available without doing so previously. The Server has regular hicups when more than 20k players are playing and I tend to change the shipclass I am playing accordingly. Playing CV when the server laggs behins even half a second can be rather frustrating.

WG seems to be following a trend to  hide information behind seperate actions.

• Clanmembers behind the member-tab insted of by scroling down (atleast somewhat understandable)
  • Hiding number of players online and Server
  • Hiding the maximum amount of planes on deck behind the "ALT" button
  • Next: Hiding the Minimap behind the "FN/Windows-key"
  • Pressing Alt+AltGr to retargetd secondaries
  • disabeling the option for "Alternative Battleinterface" in the options menue so as to make pressing "ALT" for access to that mode mandatory.

WG seems to be largely disconnected from its community. They always write "to give the player information they seek" while disableing information we need and replacing it with useless garbadge that may look nice but ends up being utterly useless.

Since a few updates some mods seem to be mandatory rather than optional. -> Detailed damage counter (WoT has it, WoWs just changed the code specifically to make it unusable, while not banning it). Extended minimap (i no longer use it because I dislike the given options but many do because it simply displays the information in a more direct way)

If I need to look up information behind even just the "ALT" key I will end up losing precious seconds that could be used to have an impact on the game.

• Cool 2

Players
387 posts

Sadly this reflects a déformation professionnelle very common amongst designers... improving the looks of a product while functionality and usability go down the drain. William Gibson called it a "mediocrity inherent in all professionalism" - the phenomenon that designers, producers, etc. loose the faculty of seeing beyond the filter bubble imposed on them by the tool set of their particular field. Here it's visual game design vs. usability.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3,371 posts
6,485 battles
22 hours ago, HentaiSquirrel said:

Sadly this reflects a déformation professionnelle very common amongst designers... improving the looks of a product while functionality and usability go down the drain. William Gibson called it a "mediocrity inherent in all professionalism" - the phenomenon that designers, producers, etc. loose the faculty of seeing beyond the filter bubble imposed on them by the tool set of their particular field. Here it's visual game design vs. usability.

I call this "professional idiotism"

You might be a genius in your field but beyond that you should better shut up.

Players
387 posts
13 hours ago, _Ezio_ said:

I call this "professional idiotism"

You might be a genius in your field but beyond that you should better shut up.

spockturnsaway.gif.5647e4d610c12c3ff1527114354fe72c.gif

...unless that didn't refer to my post - in that case... thx for scratching my filter bubble ;-> 

Beta Tester
3,371 posts
6,485 battles
1 hour ago, HentaiSquirrel said:

spockturnsaway.gif.5647e4d610c12c3ff1527114354fe72c.gif

...unless that didn't refer to my post - in that case... thx for scratching my filter bubble ;-> 

Ok i just noticed that what I wrote could be read as to be applying to you. I did not mean to do that. I just wanted to say how I call the phenomenom you described

• Cool 1

Players
387 posts
26 minutes ago, _Ezio_ said:

Ok i just noticed that what I wrote could be read as to be applying to you. I did not mean to do that. I just wanted to say how I call the phenomenom you described

:Smile_veryhappy: Thx. Wasn't sure myself... cool that this could be resolved so easily. Have a great time!

Sign in to follow this