You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
dema1904

Carrier controls in plane mode

18 comments in this topic

[DMK]
Players
4 posts
397 battles

I was wondering if anybody knows if it is possible to see what the carrier is doing while you are flying the planes. I had it several times that i put waypoints on the map and the ship started to reverse or go to one checkpoint and then switches from backwards to forwards.

[BHSFL]
Players
1,398 posts
5,493 battles

When you put a line directly behind the CV - or at 180 degrees if you wish - it will always reverse. That is not a bad thing as you can use it when you want it to do that.

When you want to turn around simply plot very short lines making 90 degree like angles. It will then attempt to turn going foreward making as tight a turn as it can. 

WG 4000.jpg

• Cool 4

[DMK]
Players
4 posts
397 battles

Might have to be more careful with the waypoint but i had it happen that the carrier goes to the first waypoint and then goes the other direction. I tried to reverse behind an island, after reaching the first waypoint the carrier went forwards and drove into the island because it wanted to go in a circle forward

[BHSFL]
Players
1,398 posts
5,493 battles

Other then giving more short legged waypoints you cannot do more.....if required - sailing into narrow island passes - you will have to control the ship yourself, manually.

If under DD torpedo attack that is advisable anyway, at least untill that torpedo salvo has passed. And do not forget to click RMB on that DD then to help the secondaries focus before you hop off to rain hellfire on that DD :-)))

[DMK]
Players
4 posts
397 battles

would be nice to have the controls shown when i'm in the planes so i can make sure the carrier does what i want him to do.

Players
707 posts
3,045 battles
2 hours ago, dema1904 said:

I was wondering if anybody knows if it is possible to see what the carrier is doing while you are flying the planes. I had it several times that i put waypoints on the map and the ship started to reverse or go to one checkpoint and then switches from backwards to forwards.

Yeah I have had that too, quite hilarious until you get in a tight spot, just have to press F, RTB and then alter the course manually I think, but don't take my word for it as I'm the king of potatoes, lol

Players
186 posts
1,234 battles
10 hours ago, dema1904 said:

I was wondering if anybody knows if it is possible to see what the carrier is doing while you are flying the planes.

Make your map bigger?

But pressing 'M' for a millisecond to look at the full screen map doesn't distract from flying the planes.

[OP-B]
Beta Tester
688 posts
3,583 battles
2 hours ago, Mr_Snoww said:

In the words of the lead developer 'NOPE' 

Is that the same guy who came up with the great automatic damage control party? Amazing

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,091 posts
6,334 battles
11 hours ago, dema1904 said:

I've read in a few places that this is not going to change as the developers think it's too much for the CV player to control.  I think a lot of the CV rework was done to 'dumb it down' to make it easier to play CVs.

[THROW]
Players
718 posts
21,670 battles
26 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Is that the same guy who came up with the great automatic damage control party? Amazing

Yes that was his infinate wisdom 

• Funny 2

[ADRIA]
Players
490 posts
11,742 battles

"Player base is too stupid to control both planes and CV at the same time" - WG words, not mine

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[BHSFL]
Players
1,398 posts
5,493 battles

I have not one complaint on the automatic's. They work far better then manual ones, and not in the least a LOT faster. These are one of the conditions that make it possible to fight DD with CV secondaries, as fire or flooding immidiatly will be stopped, and when ignited again stopped again.

[DMK]
Players
4 posts
397 battles

What i just want is to be able to see what the carrier is doing. Just have the speed and stearing displayed like it is when you are in a ship or controling it manually. As in is he going forward, is he doing a right turn at max or at 1/2. Have those visible when in plane mode. I don't need to be able to steer the carrier from the planes

[CN_]
Beta Tester
168 posts
10,251 battles

@dema1904 wg thinks you are to dumb to process these additional informations. Cv players are so stupid, that they instantly get distracted, when they have to worry about anything besides their planes. This is the reason for automatic consumables and "upgraded " autopilot. 

I am not trolling you, that's the official wg expectation of cv brain capacity. 

Therefore they see no need to implement any more distractions and even removed too complex information from the ui. (number of planes left on cv, hidden behind alt key, because why would you need to know how many planes you got)

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
1,985 posts
12,904 battles
22 hours ago, Mr_Snoww said:

In the words of the lead developer 'NOPE' 

19 hours ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Case and point the lead developer knows his playerbase: 

18 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

I have not one complaint on the automatic's. They work far better then manual ones, and not in the least a LOT faster. These are one of the conditions that make it possible to fight DD with CV secondaries, as fire or flooding immidiatly will be stopped, and when ignited again stopped again.

PS: yet surface ships do not get such a commodity, they are forced to do multuple things at the same time: change sectors, alter ships course to dodge planes all whilst also fighting surface ships. Guess WG wanted to attract a new type of players for the CVs?

• Funny 1

[EST]
[EST]
Players
873 posts
19,383 battles
1 hour ago, 159Hunter said:

PS: yet surface ships do not get such a commodity, they are forced to do multuple things at the same time: change sectors, alter ships course to dodge planes all whilst also fighting surface ships. Guess WG wanted to attract a new type of players for the CVs?

Might be the reason why they all think that CV is OP :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[OP-B]
Beta Tester
688 posts
3,583 battles
5 hours ago, 159Hunter said:

Case and point the lead developer knows his playerbase: 

I am guessing beastofwar is the lead developer himself. It would connect the dots.

• Funny 3