You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Beastofwar

2 CV focussing on a single CV works...

65 comments in this topic

Players
243 posts
2,612 battles
Vor 2 Stunden, NothingButTheRain sagte:

Afaik, WG made CVs hard to sink for enemy CVs to prevent them from doing the CV sniping thing. You seem to have forgotten how lame (and common!) this used to be before the rework and in this WG has succeeded at mostly eliminating this problem.

And what an awfully negative post yours is.

Yes, let's remove the horrible CV sniping. We can't have that.

Everyone should know that CVs should only snipe other ship classes and f*** them over. 

[SCRUB]
Players
702 posts
12,934 battles

@Beastofwar you know.. training rooms are easy to set up.. I'm sure there will be plenty of volunteers to put your claims to the test :) 

[BHSFL]
Players
1,420 posts
5,593 battles
9 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Which is up to the enemy CV player and not you as a CV is an incredibly easy target to actually attack, being among the biggest ships in the game and the most sluggish by far.

They won't anyway regardless of whether you take AA skills or not.

Which is where squad shortening comes in.

So i guess you consider this a more usable build ( no +10 % ROF AA/secondaries but +1 fighter consumable + 2.5 % speed  ) if i must have more secondary range instead of stealthyness ?

And i do have the replenishment skill and replenishment module......instead of the stealthy skill and stealthy module. I guess that is the reason i do not feel the need to be stealthy, i am rarely deplaned except for that horrible Saipan. Since it has no secondaries i might give that stealth....But i would consider it if it enabled me to break through AA outer rings undetected...but i think it wouldn't due to AA balancing issue's. The only possible benefit being the target not setting their AA one specificly to welcome you. But i know many not even touch AA zoning in randoms.

You tell me what use is stealthyness ? Being under attack by aircraft or DD your concealment is lifted anyway for all cruisers and BB to long range shoot at. You actually go closer to the front lines for shorter trips ? Or is it enemy ship might try to alter course  to incoming torpedo's earlier ? Not many do that in randoms as they are occupied fighting surface targets and trust their AA/zoning, and i consider the aircraft fast enough to force any angle on them. I do fly around outside their AA range if i have to, and i am a lot faster....

But mayybe i am not seeying the whole package here ?  That aiming thing is a no go for me....5 % ( of 5 secs = 0.25 sec faster ?? ) or even the 10 % ( 0.5 sec faster ) are such incredible small differences that they are unnoticable to me, and if at all noticable i would not want to miss the 6.5+ km secondaries i use in a lot in matches. Mostly against CV funny enough, since they survive longest usually and it is not uncommon to fight CV vs CV without even having to hunt them.....as more and more choose to fight with their ship, or try to cap. Aircraft won't give you the edge then.....

WG5001.jpg

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,224 posts
14,969 battles
5 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

You tell me what use is stealthyness ?

Being able to get closer to the front line means higher DPM.

However getting CE or not is more a question of personal preference.

If you really want to keep AFT for whatever reason I'd take extra speed and speed boost. Speed equals both higher DPM and survivability. The extra fighter is pretty much never useful because fighters in general aren't very useful.

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
Players
1,420 posts
5,593 battles
5 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

The extra fighter is pretty much never useful because fighters in general aren't very useful.

Curious..i use this all the time, mostly to remove enemy  fighter consumables launched by ships preventing me to attack them, or being dropped over DD by  enemy CV. Or to defend friendly DD or ships from enemy CV attack.

My line of thinking is my fighter consumbable needs to overcome target ship AA for long enough to send off the protecting enemy fighters consumable, so +1 fighter should be more usefull then the standard fighter consumable. ( that does do the trick as well as fighter consumables always seem to be send off after having engaged something )

And now i have discovered  i can fly right through enemy fighter consumables with Kaga Mega Squadrons since losing some aircraft to fighter consumables will not do much  to their attack potential, +1 fighter could be the thing needed to hurt them just a little bit more. Ofc not all enemy CV will be Kaga and that possible beneficial effect being situational.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,224 posts
14,969 battles
6 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Curious..i use this all the time, mostly to remove enemy  fighter consumables launched by ships preventing me to attack them, or being dropped over DD by thew enemy CV. Or to defend friendly DD or ships from enemy CV attack.

Fighters always disappear after engaging even if they don't kill literally any planes. That means in an offensive role it doesn't matter how many fighters you spawn, as long as the enemy catapult fighters shoot them just once they'll disappear giving you a free target.

This practically always happens as the aggro timer will start the moment you spawn them. There are very few ships that can destroy all your fighters fast enough to prevent their catapult fighter from aggroing and against the few that can an extra fighter won't help

Defensive use of fighters is extremely situational and almost always fails against opposition that has more than 2 working braincells. Speed on the other hand is always useful.

[BHSFL]
Players
1,420 posts
5,593 battles
28 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Fighters always disappear after engaging even if they don't kill literally any planes. That means in an offensive role it doesn't matter how many fighters you spawn, as long as the enemy catapult fighters shoot them just once they'll disappear giving you a free target.

This practically always happens as the aggro timer will start the moment you spawn them. There are very few ships that can destroy all your fighters fast enough to prevent their catapult fighter from aggroing and against the few that can an extra fighter won't help

Defensive use of fighters is extremely situational and almost always fails against opposition that has more than 2 working braincells. Speed on the other hand is always useful.

Well that makes sense...no points in +1 fighters then.

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
308 posts
9,742 battles

Pretty quick turnaround from ''You're all heavy handed nubs and will get raped like ducks'' to ''Well that makes sense''

I commend you, no sarcasm

• Funny 2

[BHSFL]
Players
1,420 posts
5,593 battles
11 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

Pretty quick turnaround from ''You're all heavy handed nubs and will get raped like ducks'' to ''Well that makes sense''

I commend you, no sarcasm

Rest assured, i will keep the secondary module, Demolition Expert and Advanced Fire Training.....

Because "once you past the lance point, it's like killing rabbits"

And this was a mere DD.....killing CV with it is even more fun. Would you believe that cruiser went under half HP too before i finally went down ? And it was a BB that killed me. Good last stand by any standards.

WG6000.jpg

• Boring 2

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
308 posts
9,742 battles
6 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Rest assured, i will keep the secondary module, Demolition Expert and Advanced Fire Training.....

And this was a mere DD.....killing CV with it is even more fun.

Spoiler

WG6000.jpg

Fret not. You are, of course, ultimately free to choose how you play

[NWP]
Players
1,197 posts
10,123 battles
8 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

And this was a mere DD.....killing CV with it is even more fun. Would you believe that cruiser went under half HP too before i finally went down ? And it was a BB that killed me. Good last stand by any standards.

WG6000.jpg

A total of 9 hits on an almost dead DD...

badass.gif

• Funny 3

[BHSFL]
Players
1,420 posts
5,593 battles
40 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

A total of 9 hits on an almost dead DD...

badass.gif

Dude...combined damage - that is the thing i use, not ONLY secondaries but BOTH aircraft AND secondaries -  almost ate the light cruiser there too....Helena has 28.7 HP stock, took 22.2 K before the BB blapped me. This can be an indication (some) CV scondaries just stepped up their game to include light Cruisers....

You do know there is a 10 point captain in that, that came with it 3 days ago do you ? It hasn't reached its full potential yet, and even then it shows such promise.

And you guys should stop pretending i kamikaze into enemies with a CV at map start......i do it only late match to cap/win/get payback/go out fighting before i sink anyway.

WG6001.jpg

• Boring 2

[NWP]
Players
1,197 posts
10,123 battles
4 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Dude...combined damage - that is the thing i use, not ONLY secondaries but BOTH aircraft AND secondaries -  almost ate the light cruiser there too....Helena has 28.700 HP stock.

WG6001.jpg

Your secondaries should not be doing more than your main armament.

• Funny 2

Players
151 posts
10,897 battles
3 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

WG6000.jpg

Why is it that everytime you post a screenshot showing your leet secondary build, you are losing the game... :Smile_unsure:

• Funny 5

[JRM]
Players
1,679 posts
15,540 battles

Well yesterday I killed a Conqueror with secondaries from my Midway (ofc I bombed him as well) it was hilarious, it was in cyclone though

• Funny 1