You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
The_Aegis

Which legendary upgrade to use?

27 comments in this topic

Players
68 posts
3,003 battles

So i have a few tier 10;s but im unsure which ones should use the legendary upgrades and which shouldnt. My tier 10s are - yamato, conqurer, minotaur, kharbarovsk, audacious and soon to have montana. Which should use their legendary upgrades "granted audacious doesnt have one yet"

[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles

Yamato is very good.

Conqueror is prolly meh at best. I dont think i would use it.

Mino is crap i think. You lose 5% concealment but gain 5% more dispersion for shells coming at you, while getting extra long smoke generation but shorter duration. Wont use it, especially because i play Radar mino anyway.

Khaba i dunno.

Monty might be quite nice, i think you can get almost invulnerable to DoTs if you stack Flags/modules/cptn skills. Might be worth a try atleast.

• Cool 1

Players
3,228 posts
19,212 battles

There was another thread somwhere on the forum about this...

Yamato: very good.

Conqueror: Different playstyle (stealth vs maneuverability). If the current Conq changes (raised citadel + faster heal cd to compensate) make it to live, maneuverability could become very valuable.

Minotaur: Wierdo/Meh unless you play Clanwars and want a "normal" smokescreen on the Mino.

Khaba: Different playstyle, I explained how in the other thread

Montana: Different damage mitigatio. Probably good because of CV meta. (give up stealth for mitigation through maneuverability and DoT duration)

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

Yamato one is great, but personally I don't use it as the turret traverse is just too damn slow

Conqs and Montanas both are straight up useless.

Not sure about the other 2 - Minos looks meh, meanwhile Khabas legendary seems decent. Then again, I think people prefer to have the rudder mod in that slot

1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

Monty might be quite nice, i think you can get almost invulnerable to DoTs if you stack Flags/modules/cptn skills. Might be worth a try atleast.

Negatives:

• You go from 14km detection to 15.56km detection range

Depending on your setup the "bonuses" are:

• Flooding changes from 40s base (23.1s best) to 28s (16.2s)
  • Fire duration changes from 60s base (34.7s best) to 51s (29.5s)
  • Rudder shift changes from 22.2s base (17.8s best) to 15.54s (12.4s)

Rudder repair time is irrelevant as Monty doesn't really get it knocked out

I honestly don't see much of a use for it.

Just typical survivability build already cuts DoTs down quite a lot, those extra couple seconds you gain really don't change much. Rudder shift just means you'll be able to start a full turn faster, not that your lap will be smaller / quicker in any way or that you will drift less - it's just a "better reaction". And for that you lose nearly 1.6km of valuable concealment

As it often is in these cases in 6th slot this would have been interesting - adding "survivability" as a choice to your current "accuracy / reload" options, in 5th it's just useless

• Cool 2

Players
3,228 posts
19,212 battles
9 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:
  • you go from 14km detection to 15.56km detection range

Wonder if you tried it on Montana. I'll get mine and probably use it. I already gave up CE and don't really see a big difference.

I saw flamu on YT saying good things about it too after the CV rework, since planes will make sure you cant hide very well.

And the added rudder shift is very useful to dodge AP and even react to torpedoes.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
10 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Negatives:

• You go from 14km detection to 15.56km detection range

Depending on your setup the "bonuses" are:

• Flooding changes from 40s base (23.1s best) to 28s (16.2s)
  • Fire duration changes from 60s base (34.7s best) to 51s (29.5s)
  • Rudder shift changes from 22.2s base (17.8s best) to 15.54s (12.4s)

Rudder repair time is irrelevant as Monty doesn't really get it knocked out

I honestly don't see much of a use for it.

Just typical survivability build already cuts DoTs down quite a lot, those extra couple seconds you gain really don't change much. Rudder shift just means you'll be able to start a full turn faster, not that your lap will be smaller / quicker in any way or that you will drift less - it's just a "better reaction". And for that you lose nearly 1.6km of valuable concealment

As it often is in these cases in 6th slot this would have been interesting - adding "survivability" as a choice to your current "accuracy / reload" options, in 5th it's just useless

Maybe i just think its more viable than the other crap they call Legendary Modules :cap_hmm:

Funny thing is, every T10 i own has crap LMs :cap_fainting: Great, now we gonna know that Salems LM will suck [edited]aswell (if they decide to make one) prolly in slot 5 aswell :Smile_sceptic:

Btw you sure your numbers add up?

Flooding should be from 40s to 20sec without LM (15% module, 20% Signal and 15% BoS) + an additional 30% would make 8 secs flooding.

Fires would "only" get reduced by 65% from 60 sec to 21 seconds.

I think that qualifies as immune to DoTs :Smile_great:

• Cool 1

Players
3,228 posts
19,212 battles
14 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I think that qualifies as immune to DoTs :Smile_great:

Nah that is tier 4+ CV territory :Smile_trollface:

and your numbers are correct.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
21 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

and your numbers are correct.

I just got told, that (once again) WG just seems to be retarded, and flooding/fire duration reduction does infact get multiplied one after the other, making Montana LM useless :cap_fainting:

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Flooding

Why shouldnt i use Module+Flag+BoS, but switch one or more of those so i dont have concealment module :cap_fainting:retarded af...

• Cool 1

Players
3,228 posts
19,212 battles
1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

I just got told, that (once again) WG just seems to be retarded, and flooding/fire duration reduction does infact get multiplied one after the other, making Montana LM useless :cap_fainting:

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Flooding

Damn I didn't know that. WG never change:fish_palm:

Also, epic effect of full flooding reduction on CVs :Smile_trollface:

Untitled.thumb.png.772e66cf832e3ef3d260d9c827789318.png

Untitled.png

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,346 posts
16,360 battles

For CW the Des Moins legendary module is handy to poke out and back from behind an island with more control (when I do that without it I find if I poke out I keep going).

I've also been told the Gearing legendary module.

The Shimakaze one is not worth mounting.

Yes,  I know these aren't in the list of ships in the OP's post......

[BOBS3]
Beta Tester
261 posts
3,495 battles

I want the Henri and Hindy modules, I’ve read their both good ones to have.

I’ve had the Conqueror module for a while, and while it makes the ship much more manovourable it reduces your concealment. My opinion is that with the influx of CVs at the moment, concealment isn’t worth worrying so much about. 

[NMA]
Players
1,487 posts
21,155 battles

Wasn't there a thread about leg. modules like 2 days ago?

Players
16 posts
11,939 battles

so all in all, which legendary modules are worth spending 600 ironium and grinding for a ship, I'm thinking/going for russian artillery, for cruiser or destroyer.. 

- cant find a thread mentioned above?

[BOBS3]
Beta Tester
261 posts
3,495 battles
1 hour ago, thiscando said:

so all in all, which legendary modules are worth spending 600 ironium and grinding for a ship, I'm thinking/going for russian artillery, for cruiser or destroyer.. 

- cant find a thread mentioned above?

Flamuu rates the Moskva upgrade as the 2nd best in the game after the Yamato, Zao 3rd

Beta Tester
2,310 posts
13,214 battles
On 4/14/2019 at 11:10 AM, SlingaDing said:

I want the Henri and Hindy modules, I’ve read their both good ones to have.

I’ve had the Conqueror module for a while, and while it makes the ship much more manovourable it reduces your concealment. My opinion is that with the influx of CVs at the moment, concealment isn’t worth worrying so much about. 

Hindenburg is awesome, you dont need to use repair for any fires pretty much. And you can out-spam any other HE spamming cruiser in a duell. Henris I hear is great but dont have that ship yet.

[BOBS3]
Beta Tester
261 posts
3,495 battles
14 minutes ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

Hindenburg is awesome, you dont need to use repair for any fires pretty much. And you can out-spam any other HE spamming cruiser in a duell. Henris I hear is great but dont have that ship yet.

I got the Henri upgrade on Sunday, only had a couple of ‘very’ short lived games with it so far but seems to be lazer-like accuracy. I may buy one of the special missions to help get the Hindenburg upgrade yet.

[BLITZ]
Modder
5,426 posts
10,008 battles
1 minute ago, lup3s said:

Repu's LM? Insanely fast reload ..

You get 1.4sec better reload. That is nothing close to "insane".

And you pay for it with 6.2km shorter firing range.

From 21.1sec with MBMod3 to 19.7 with the LU.

And from 26.1km to 19.9km.

thank-no-i-pass-on-that.jpg.6e13c384c68469e61d178245b38d9482.jpg

[BLITZ]
Players
2,864 posts
12,647 battles
26 minutes ago, SlingaDing said:

Henri [...] lazer-like accuracy

How is that related to the unique upgrade?

[XTR3M]
Players
141 posts
10,218 battles
1 hour ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

Than you have different experience with Hindi than me.

Module was awesome before nerf and shells bounce change, since that everybody shoot AP on me in Hindi.

It is not about concealment, it is about additional dispersion to enemy ships.

Combine that with nasty RNG and you have battles with something that i have never experienced in Hindi before - one volley kill while i was kiting away.

Without that module it is just fine for me.

For the record - not saying that module is bad, it just need different play style and that`s not Hindenburg i had on my mind and wanted to have while grinding KM CA line.

Beta Tester
2,310 posts
13,214 battles
26 minutes ago, biker_618 said:

Than you have different experience with Hindi than me.

Module was awesome before nerf and shells bounce change, since that everybody shoot AP on me in Hindi.

It is not about concealment, it is about additional dispersion to enemy ships.

Combine that with nasty RNG and you have battles with something that i have never experienced in Hindi before - one volley kill while i was kiting away.

Without that module it is just fine for me.

For the record - not saying that module is bad, it just need different play style and that`s not Hindenburg i had on my mind and wanted to have while grinding KM CA line.

I have a totally different experience in Hinden. I have a whole playlist on my Yuotube channel called "Hindenburg the T10 Tank". And the module just ads to that tankyness for me. I can duell with any other firespamming cruiser and win (because all fires set on me burns for like 7-8 seconds) I dont even put out doublefires and the German armour is great for bouncing tha most exept for Republique AP that for some reason always finds my citadel however I angle my ship.

[BLITZ]
Modder
5,426 posts
10,008 battles
10 minutes ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

exept for Republique AP that for some reason always finds my citadel however I angle my ship.

No. No citadels, that were proper pens. 431mm just overmatches 30mm cruiser side armour!

Players
2,139 posts
14,860 battles

Yamato

Moskva

Zao

Grozovoi

Kurfurst (if secondary specced)

The rest are mostly meh or a downright nerf. Avoid those that are mounted in Slot 5 (were the Concealment System is)

Like Hindenburg's. It may work for some but for me it was an unmitigated disaster. Fires are not your biggest problem, not at the expense of being seen from the moon and less dispersion for the enemy.

We've done this a few times, haven't we?

Beta Tester
2,310 posts
13,214 battles

I will soon have 600 of the new credit and im actually struggeling a big. My choices right now is between the Grozovoi one for more stellar gun build, or the Republique one (also more stellar gunbuild ....). Im a DD main so im leaning towards the Groz, that said, maybe I will start playing my Rep more in the future (specially considering the anti DD meta) and then the module for that would make it insane.

Anyone got a pro-tip?

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,742 posts
28,202 battles
37 minutes ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

specially considering the anti DD meta

Anyone got a pro-tip?

You ve said it yourself.