_Robertas_

Hakuryu needs some love

5 comments in this topic

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Players
271 posts
10,963 battles

I guess WG thinks Hakuryu needs to have very bad performance for a while due to stats padding before the first hot fix just to even the numbers but this CV feels weakest of all current tier 10's. Suppose to be "torpedo CV" has literally worst torpedoes. Although 6km torps been buffed but 2x drops only works on weak AA lonely ships if you want to use all potential. My main consern is 8km 4x drop torpedoes. Tried different build, stealth build aswell. It's just don't work. The aiming time is way way too long. The slight movement on the mouse and the spread is as wide as ***** legs. Torpedo speed is 40kts so torping from 8km range is also ineffective.

Now i only see the reason to play Hakuryu is for those who likes AP bombs. Everything else is better on other CV's. Including torps.

Players
80 posts
5,221 battles

I think that the Haku is in a good state right now unlike the Midway.

TB:

Use the 50 knots torps and not the 8km ones. I tried to make them work after their speed and attack timers were nerfed and it was not worth it. I always switched back to 2 torp drops. They have high damage potential(at least 10k damage except Musashi/Yamato), are very easy to hit with some practice and are very effective against lone ships.

You have to use them smartly. While attacking they get a 30% received continuous damage reduction and they get improves and very useful heals. Also while attacking the AA explosions don't hit you unless you fly up because you fly over an island or something.

Try to play calculated. Use islands to approach enemies. After attacking try to get into attack mode again to be immune to flak and get damage reduction to escape or turn back to attack again if the ship is alone and doesn't have alot of AA or has to be killed fast. Use heals to get rid of fighters and to survive your runs(time them well) etc. etc. etc...

DB:

AP bombs do alot of damage against camping/stationary ships.

Attacker:

Rockets are meh but are useful to do fast damage and destroy specific modules.

• Bad 1

[LEGIO]
Players
149 posts

All CV tiers need to be redone, all are horrible in what they can or can't do. There is no feel in what the CV was actually made to do. Fighters should be able to provide air support not rocket attack.

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Players
271 posts
10,963 battles
3 hours ago, Colonel_Boom said:

I think that the Haku is in a good state right now unlike the Midway.

TB:

Use the 50 knots torps and not the 8km ones. I tried to make them work after their speed and attack timers were nerfed and it was not worth it. I always switched back to 2 torp drops. They have high damage potential(at least 10k damage except Musashi/Yamato), are very easy to hit with some practice and are very effective against lone ships.

You have to use them smartly. While attacking they get a 30% received continuous damage reduction and they get improves and very useful heals. Also while attacking the AA explosions don't hit you unless you fly up because you fly over an island or something.

Try to play calculated. Use islands to approach enemies. After attacking try to get into attack mode again to be immune to flak and get damage reduction to escape or turn back to attack again if the ship is alone and doesn't have alot of AA or has to be killed fast. Use heals to get rid of fighters and to survive your runs(time them well) etc. etc. etc...

DB:

AP bombs do alot of damage against camping/stationary ships.

Attacker:

Rockets are meh but are useful to do fast damage and destroy specific modules.

I tried to make 8km torps to work today. It just doesn't. Audacious triple torp drop is much more confortable to use than hakuryu's twin. The spread with a slight move of the mouse is horrible on hakuryu. 8km torps needs buffs in every aspect: speed, arming time, spread, reload... I wish to see any WG member to try them and prove I'm wrong.

Players
80 posts
5,221 battles
6 minutes ago, Sugertukas said:

I tried to make 8km torps to work today. It just doesn't. Audacious triple torp drop is much more confortable to use than hakuryu's twin. The spread with a slight move of the mouse is horrible on hakuryu. 8km torps needs buffs in every aspect: speed, arming time, spread, reload... I wish to see any WG member to try them and prove I'm wrong.

Yeah, 8km torps suck currently.

The twin torps aiming is actually kinda good after the recent buff. The spread gets tighter very fast shortly after sudden movements if the torps were aimed fully before.

The RN CVs gets extra close range torps which are very similiar to pre rework torp squadrons. But they are limited in their availability and long restoration time.

Sign in to follow this