Server restart - 20/06/2019 Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
NoobySkooby

Blacklisting someone

8 comments in this topic

Players
1,100 posts
3,507 battles

Just a quick dumb question. When you blacklist someone, does this mean they cannot contact you again, ie: as in you have blocked them for good?

[SCRUB]
Players
715 posts
13,197 battles

Not entirely sure. They can contact you, it's just that you won't see it? 

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
3,104 posts
8,289 battles

The correct implementation would be:

- blacklisted people cant send you messages

- blacklisted people get ignored in ingame chat

- blacklisted people cant see you as "online" in port 

But with ui.. I even see contacts as offline sometimes even when they're not. Or they are just "invisible" or duplicated in chat window...

Players
1,100 posts
3,507 battles
1 hour ago, nambr9 said:

The correct implementation would be:

- blacklisted people cant send you messages

- blacklisted people get ignored in ingame chat

- blacklisted people cant see you as "online" in port 

But with ui.. I even see contacts as offline sometimes even when they're not. Or they are just "invisible" or duplicated in chat window...

Yeah i think the whole chat thing needs a bit of attention, like in Wo'T's you can block someone just for the game, that would be useful here when people are spamming you when your trying to do something, and a total block on someone mean no contact whatsoever, the person in this case is actually a clan member.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,160 battles
2 hours ago, NoobySkooby said:

Yeah i think the whole chat thing needs a bit of attention

With the current WG track record of "improving" UI by making it worse? Please no

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Players
3,468 posts
8,158 battles
On 4/13/2019 at 2:39 AM, NoobySkooby said:

Just a quick dumb question. When you blacklist someone, does this mean they cannot contact you again, ie: as in you have blocked them for good?

They can't send you messages in port, but for messages during the battle itself you will need to also block their messages during the battle itself (can't do that post battle, you'll be limited to only blacklist them).

The blacklist should be for good and is accessable from the port ui (good luck actually opening your blacklist in that horrid lagfest). I'm not sure about the disable messages, but it seemed to work like half a year ago.

• Cool 1

Players
3,468 posts
8,158 battles
15 hours ago, NoobySkooby said:

Yeah i think the whole chat thing needs a bit of attention, like in Wo'T's you can block someone just for the game, that would be useful here when people are spamming you when your trying to do something, and a total block on someone mean no contact whatsoever, the person in this case is actually a clan member.

In WoT, blocking postbattle ragers has gone past its usefulness for years, as it's so common now that everybody there does this. So there will just be new chatpukers in your garage ui which haven't been included on your blacklist yet.

The only way in which the blacklist feature could be sensibly salvaged is if multiple blacklists from multiple people could be combined and re-inserted into any individual blacklist.

• Cool 1