You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

[Updated 24/4] April’s Twitch Drops Just Got Better

59 comments in this topic

Weekend Tester
4 posts
3,758 battles
1 hour ago, Sehales said:

@sin099 the Twitch drops are not being delivered immediately, but with a bit of delay. You likely received them for streams you watched on a previous day, but they only arrived all at once on Monday.

There was also an issue with the delivery on weekend, but it was granted retroactively afaik.

Otherwise it can also be bad luck. I had a similar streak recently. During which I got only 2 containers for one week, while I received like 6 the next week. Watch time was pretty much the same though. It can happen. That's how Twitch's drop system is made to work.

I linked my account on Monday. Recieved immediatly 1 twitch container and after watchin Flamu I recieved 4/5 space drops plus a super container. Next day, happy with what I got the previous day, I decided to watch more and gote one more twitch container and after that nothing at all despite watching EVEN more streams. Something its clearly up on EU.

EDIT: I should add the MANY people in EU are reporting the exact same experience as me, you can even see it in this very topic.

• Cool 3

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,122 posts
1 hour ago, GorillaUnit said:

I recieved 4/5 space drops plus a super container. Next day, happy with what I got the previous day, I decided to watch more and gote one more twitch container and after that nothing at all despite watching EVEN more streams. Something its clearly up on EU.

Exactly the same that happened with me. Same numbers as well.

[_CSR_]
Players
30 posts
4,302 battles
1 hour ago, Sehales said:

@sin099 the Twitch drops are not being delivered immediately, but with a bit of delay. You likely received them for streams you watched on a previous day, but they only arrived all at once on Monday.

There was also an issue with the delivery on weekend, but it was granted retroactively afaik.

Otherwise it can also be bad luck. I had a similar streak recently. During which I got only 2 containers for one week, while I received like 6 the next week. Watch time was pretty much the same though. It can happen. That's how Twitch's drop system is made to work.

Well WG containers (purple ones) might be delayed, but stuff from even much larger streams(saw 100k pop a few times) came instantly so it does not really scream exactly general twitch issue to me...

Tons of people on your official channel spammed that nothing drops from the space drops so if there is a cap per week / month on ironium drop then would be good to fess up to prevent confusion

[R-U]
Players
124 posts
4,512 battles

First day I got a few drops. Then nothing. Got more drops with the "normal" ones before this space drops started lol.
Having a stream on now and then. But going to watch more streams after the event as I get muuuuuch more drops then

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,370 posts
11,979 battles
14 hours ago, MrFingers said:

Exactly the same that happened with me. Same numbers as well.

15 hours ago, GorillaUnit said:

I linked my account on Monday. Recieved immediatly 1 twitch container and after watchin Flamu I recieved 4/5 space drops plus a super container. Next day, happy with what I got the previous day, I decided to watch more and gote one more twitch container and after that nothing at all despite watching EVEN more streams. Something its clearly up on EU.

EDIT: I should add the MANY people in EU are reporting the exact same experience as me, you can even see it in this very topic.

Hi guys,

First of all from a technical point of view there is no difference between server, location of viewer or streamer. Twitch Drops work globally the same way, all players are affected the same way.

Yes there is a certain limit to the amount of space drops that you can receive and it seems that a lot of the drops were issued quite early and quickly instead of being spread out over a longer time. Twitch Drops are still a feature we're testing with different aspects (e.g. the epic chance with a SC). We're happy to offer you with those Twitch Drops but we also have to keep an eye on the impact on the game economy. Also please don't consider a SC a regular drop, it's an epic thing and you know that many players are opening hundreds of regular containers to get the chance for one of these :Smile_honoring:

We'll take the experience we gained with this campaign into consideration for the next one and hope that you enjoy getting some extra goodies for watching WoWs on Twitch,

Greetings, Crysantos

[HOO]
2,122 posts

Understood (and logical), but then again: please work on your communication. Why not say upfront the drops are limited in quantity. I’m not the only one with that issue: 

Still doesn’t explain why the regular twitch-drops are also halted.

As for experimenting with alternative drops: that’s a good thing. 

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
4 posts
3,758 battles

yeah the lack of honesty here is painfull. I just feel baited. Also this cap is so low its almost insulting.

Players
15 posts
3,946 battles

Normally I get a quite steady trickle of these, but last one I got now was Monday, which were 3? from over the weekend I assume in one bunch, but now the remainder of the week I got nothing anymore. Feels to me something technical is wrong, I should be getting at least a container or two, but nothing.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,370 posts
11,979 battles
2 hours ago, MrFingers said:

Understood (and logical), but then again: please work on your communication. Why not say upfront the drops are limited in quantity. I’m not the only one with that issue:

Still doesn’t explain why the regular twitch-drops are also halted.

As for experimenting with alternative drops: that’s a good thing. 

Well because both campaigns at the same time would be too much - sorry but there's a limit to the amount of things we can hand out for free like this, most of the freebies you usually get are tied to directly to activities in-game. About the limitations - we'll keep this in mind for future publications to make it clearer :)

2 hours ago, GorillaUnit said:

yeah the lack of honesty here is painfull. I just feel baited. Also this cap is so low its almost insulting.

I'm sorry but where did we release dishonest information? To quote from our article - " Regular drops – you’ll probably get a few of these!" Next time we'll add the info about that there is a cap in general, but this was already the case with the previous campaign. Once more - you get the chance for free stuff for watching World of Warships on Twitch.  If you think that the Ironium, Camos or chance for super containers are not worth your time, then I completely understand if you stop watching - but it's absolutely free content with no other requirement than watching on Twitch, please keep that in mind.

Greetings, Crysantos

Weekend Tester
4 posts
3,758 battles

You didnt but you guys did withold information on purpose to the point of being misleading. Where is stated that both campaigns are too much together and so u would interrupt one? Where is stated that there is a cap? Read that reddit post that has been linked and you will see that Im not the only one with this sentiment. Also its unfair to keep repeating "free stuff" since we have to link our account to twitch and watch wows stream to earn that very limited reward. Please dont pretend we are the only ones with something to gain here.

[HOO]
2,122 posts
9 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

Well because both campaigns at the same time would be too much

The announcement said: " We’ve received a great deal of good feedback from you about this and will be expanding on the concept this April with… SPACE DROPS!"

Any reader that sees the word "expanding" will logically assume that the temporary event for space-containers were to be added to the regular drops (because it's temporary), otherwise it would say "alter" or "rework". What turned out to be a switcheroo in the end, with regular twitch containers being switched for space-containers, and only a limited number of them (5?) for the entire duration of the event, whereas in the 12 days it runs, people often would get more than 5 regular containers (and thus also getting more than 50 oil). It shouldn't come as a surprise people are having questions about this. I'm not talking about the contents though, as diversifying in that (and having the chance on some more substantial hauls) is a good thing, which I greatly applaud and I hope will see full-scale implementation in the future.

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,370 posts
11,979 battles
6 minutes ago, GorillaUnit said:

You didnt but you guys did withold information on purpose to the point of being misleading. Where is stated that both campaigns are too much together and so u would interrupt one? Where is stated that there is a cap? Read that reddit post that has been linked and you will see that Im not the only one with this sentiment. Also its unfair to keep repeating "free stuff" since we have to link our account to twitch and watch wows stream to earn that very limited reward. Please dont pretend we are the only ones with something to gain here.

As I've said, we'll make sure to add a disclaimer next time - it's my bad that we didn't include this in the publication. For the other part I guess we'll have to agree to disagree .

2 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

The announcement said: " We’ve received a great deal of good feedback from you about this and will be expanding on the concept this April with… SPACE DROPS!"

Any reader that sees the word "expanding" will logically assume that the temporary event for space-containers were to be added to the regular drops (because it's temporary), otherwise it would say "alter" or "rework". What turned out to be a switcheroo in the end, with regular twitch containers being switched for space-containers, and only a limited number of them (5?) for the entire duration of the event, whereas in the 12 days it runs, people often would get more than 5 regular containers (and thus also getting more than 50 oil). It shouldn't come as a surprise people are having questions about this. I'm not talking about the contents though, as diversifying in that (and having the chance on some more substantial hauls) is a good thing, which I greatly applaud and I hope will see full-scale implementation in the future.

Noted, I can see where the confusion is coming from - I'm sorry that we didn't think about this aspect. Sometimes we might be a bit tunnelvisioning when building the text of the publication, we'll make sure to keep that in mind for the next one.

Have a nice weekend!

Greetings, Crysantos

Weekend Tester
4 posts
3,758 battles

Thanks for the answers even though we had to force them out a bit. If those terms were clear from the start I wouldnt have had any issues whatsoever with it. I feel everyone needs to know now though.

Have a nice weekend aswell!!

[_CSR_]
Players
30 posts
4,302 battles
8 hours ago, Crysantos said:

As I've said, we'll make sure to add a disclaimer next time - it's my bad that we didn't include this in the publication. For the other part I guess we'll have to agree to disagree .

Noted, I can see where the confusion is coming from - I'm sorry that we didn't think about this aspect. Sometimes we might be a bit tunnelvisioning when building the text of the publication, we'll make sure to keep that in mind for the next one.

Have a nice weekend!

Greetings, Crysantos

Well thanks for clarifying, would have been nice if you actually said what the limits are thou :D The flack you get for it being low will likely be less than when ppl find out its really low on their own. + Being open about stuff usually is well received.

[BBMM]
Players
9 posts
2,900 battles

Since monday 04/15/2019 i did not recieved a single twitch drop even tho i watched many WoW's streamers with twitchdrop active 8 hours every day ? :cap_hmm:

Players
3,417 posts
7,859 battles
On 4/18/2019 at 1:50 PM, MrFingers said:

MrMacavity, The Grumpy Beard, Flamu, Flambass, Helrig, Izolate & Notser. From 9AM to 6PM, not muted and active in chat (within reason). It worked great until March. Then on Monday I got 4 drops all at once, and then nothing at all.

It appears to also put you on inactive quickly when you make a clip. Not sure if this is related though.

[BRVHT]
Players
257 posts

Well teh twitch drops for Warships never seem to work properly for me, Ive had a couple of them months ago but nothing this time despite watching several streams, My account is defininitely linked as it works fine with Twitch loot for tanks which is the same account

[-TAP-]
Players
3 posts
22,345 battles

Does even better really mean "non existant"? I linked my wow account to twitch a few days back, as yet I've not received anything, not even the welcome gift. I've viewed quite a few live streams, 10 to 12 hours in total.

[SUOLA]
[SUOLA]
Players
1 post
7,419 battles

All drops stopped 5 days ago. Nothing after that. Maybe max limit was 2 containers for me. BS

Players
70 posts
2,392 battles

I have submitted a ticket asking whether Twitch containers (Space or not) was working as intended.

Little backgound: Since, my NA accounts received Non-space containers (normal purple Twitch containers) on a semi-regular basis. The ROI rate was worth watching or having it play on back ground even or even attempting to watch any.  Basically, whenever I watched a stream it would give me at least one or two containers the next time I'd log in.

Now, I linked my EU account to it. Absolutely nothing came in. I have tested various possibilities (linking, unlinking, linking only one account per Twitch, etc). So basically, my luck with my EU account was horrible. Then again, I've spent a lot real money on my NA account vs EU so that could be a factor...who knows.

This was the response I got from them. So basically, Twitch containers (or Space containers) is not a guarantee. 

Link to picture

Twitch_CS_Response_EU.thumb.jpg.e94d2677653ba7b5174ba7124dd09e76.jpg

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,370 posts
11,979 battles

Hi guys,

With the end of the latest Twitch Drops campaign (Space Drops), which ended on April 23rd, we’re going to put this entire feature on hold until further notice to analyze the data and plan future campaigns. We’ll keep you posted about the future for this feature as soon as we’re ready to announce it!

Greetings, Crysantos

[W-C]
Players
513 posts
2,506 battles
1 hour ago, Crysantos said:

With the end of the latest Twitch Drops campaign (Space Drops), which ended on April 23rd, we’re going to put this entire feature on hold until further notice to analyze the data and plan future campaigns. We’ll keep you posted about the future for this feature as soon as we’re ready to announce it!

Sorry for being dumb... but could you clarify... is that an end to the 'special' drops, or is that an end to ALL twitch drops (even the normal twitch containers with 100k credits and flags/consumables)?

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
2,818 posts
2 minutes ago, Rusty_9 said:

Sorry for being dumb... but could you clarify... is that an end to the 'special' drops, or is that an end to ALL twitch drops (even the normal twitch containers with 100k credits and flags/consumables)?

It's the end of all twitch drops for now.

The post by @WG_Lumberjack was a bit more precise and mentioned the regular drops.

With the end of the latest Twitch Drops campaign (Space Drops), which ended on April 23rd, we’re going to put this feature (including regular drops) on hold until further notice to analyze the data and plan future campaigns.

We’ll keep you posted about the future for this feature as soon as we’re ready to announce it!

• Cool 2

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,370 posts
11,979 battles
27 minutes ago, Rusty_9 said:

Yes, all drops are currently on hold (this is what we meant by entire feature).

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 1