Jump to content
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

April’s Twitch Drops Just Got Better

45 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[BYOB]
Players
3,466 posts
12,389 battles

Nice! As someone who watches twitch when too busy to play I really liked the concept of twitch boxes (mostly for the oil to improve the clan base). Having them tied to specific events is a step in a great direction.

Having a chance to earn a SC is a big plus too.

 

I have learned that instead of changing all containers for a week you only added a small chance that a container will have ironium, but of course you forgot to tell us this, creating the impression that all twitch drops for this period will be changed. That's not right, as it is dishonest. You are just again aggravating people, for no gain.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
19 posts
9,899 battles

I want to set a question to the designers of this game

 

...can you please play some battles with a dd in tier X against 3-4 radarships and a Midway to see how crap you made the game the last months?

 

YOU JUST DESTROY IT ….WE WANT OUR MONEY BACK AND THE 3 YEARS OF OUR TIME TO MADE OUR FLEETS

:Smile_izmena:

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
2,742 posts

@MrConway @Crysantos

What do I do if those drops simply do not work for me?

My account is connected. After I did that I watched quite a lot. On different browsers even (with and without scriptblocker). Yet never recieved anything. Where am I supposed to get technical help for that?

 

In reply to @aquatenten

Spoiler

 

33 minutes ago, aquatenten said:

I want to set a question to the designers of this game

[snip]

Let me tell you this in regards to your completly offtopic post rant:

Despite such matchups I can still do really really well (like 60+ % winrate and 80k+ average damage well) with my Shimakaze. I am not perma-spotted by planes. I am not constantly detected by radar. You know why? Because I adapted and learned to play in the new meta.

Spoiler

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

Now go to the proper feedback threads to provide proper feedback (not this rant) or to the ship forums and ask for advice from the players who bothered to learn to adapt.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[_CSR_]
Players
27 posts
3,905 battles
4 hours ago, Egoleter said:

@MrConway @Crysantos

What do I do if those drops simply do not work for me?

My account is connected. After I did that I watched quite a lot. On different browsers even (with and without scriptblocker). Yet never recieved anything. Where am I supposed to get technical help for that?

 

In reply to @aquatenten

  Reveal hidden contents

 

Let me tell you this in regards to your completly offtopic post rant:

Despite such matchups I can still do really really well (like 60+ % winrate and 80k+ average damage well) with my Shimakaze. I am not perma-spotted by planes. I am not constantly detected by radar. You know why? Because I adapted and learned to play in the new meta.

  Reveal hidden contents

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

Now go to the proper feedback threads to provide proper feedback (not this rant) or to the ship forums and ask for advice from the players who bothered to learn to adapt.

 

 

Might not be active, don't know anyone from EU who got any ironium / cammo drop.

 

Considering they added it to EU news now and not before it started (while US had it like 4 days already in news), might have been intended only for US (like several events before - Mardi Gras, Turkeys) and added it to EU only because there were enough vocal people on either reddit or forums.

But forgot to actually start it for EU (wouldn't really surprise me)

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
2,742 posts
On 4/13/2019 at 4:58 PM, sin099 said:

Might not be active, don't know anyone from EU who got any ironium / cammo drop.

 

Considering they added it to EU news now and not before it started (while US had it like 4 days already in news), might have been intended only for US (like several events before - Mardi Gras, Turkeys) and added it to EU only because there were enough vocal people on either reddit or forums.

But forgot to actually start it for EU (wouldn't really surprise me)

It is active. My friends, who have activated it, all recieve the twitch containers. People here on the boards also report recieving them. So it must be something on my end but I have no idea what it could be. Only thing I have not tried yet is to let the stream run on my smartphone.

 

Edit: Three browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Vivaldi) on my PC did not produce a single twitch container in several months. A few hours on the Android version of Firefox on my smartphone and a couple rewards appear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-NYX-]
Players
75 posts
3,914 battles

only a cookie if you link to some site....
Sorry, I don't link in on sites just for candy,.... 
What is it good for? Why should I have to follow some stream? 

simply hand out the option for linking-in and follow stream whatsoever , if you like but surprise every single player with containers or do non!

I'm too old to let me lure into something like this. sorry
Gatverdamme !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[_CSR_]
Players
27 posts
3,905 battles
3 hours ago, Egoleter said:

It is active. My friends, who have activated it, all recieve the twitch containers. People here on the boards also report recieving them. So it must be something on my end but I have no idea what it could be. Only thing I have not tried yet is to let the stream run on my smartphone.

Twitch container maybe but that is active for ages, but did they get the ironium / space cammo from twitch (and are EU based) - for instance only thing i got today is the normal twich container.

 

You can try unlinking and linking again that helped people in the past.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
404 posts
11,717 battles

account linked

 

8 hour watching

 

no container.

 

salute wg!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ATRA]
Players
1 post
898 battles

I've gotten 4 containers over the past few days but all of them were regular containers with 100k credits and some flags or whatever. What gives? Where's my ironium?! @The_EURL_Guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[N0RSE]
Players
103 posts
7,093 battles

Not sure why they phrased the post like they did, I too thought ohh cool Ironium in each twitch container. But no, it's "regular" (and in WG terms that means very rare) and regular (standard twitch container with 100k credits++, which I've gotten a ton of) and then there is the myth about super containers (which will be one in every 100k containers dropped or something :-)). Not that I really care much, would have loved some as the gutted space battles are just a chore to play, no more fun :-(, no balance.. and WAY WAY WAY WAY too many battleship players.. when you have 4 bb's on your team of 9 it's a pain, they always without exceptions camp.. But this was about the twitch containers.. Keep em coming, would be nice if you surprised us with not telling us anything, that way we weren't disappointed or expecting what you wrote to be the truth..

 

Regular means regular, not rare!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[GANJA]
Beta Tester
38 posts
4 hours ago, Fesvil said:

Not sure why they phrased the post like they did, I too thought ohh cool Ironium in each twitch container. But no, it's "regular" (and in WG terms that means very rare) and regular (standard twitch container with 100k credits++, which I've gotten a ton of) and then there is the myth about super containers (which will be one in every 100k containers dropped or something :-)). Not that I really care much, would have loved some as the gutted space battles are just a chore to play, no more fun :-(, no balance.. and WAY WAY WAY WAY too many battleship players.. when you have 4 bb's on your team of 9 it's a pain, they always without exceptions camp.. But this was about the twitch containers.. Keep em coming, would be nice if you surprised us with not telling us anything, that way we weren't disappointed or expecting what you wrote to be the truth..

 

Regular means regular, not rare!

Yea you put it very nicely there, apart from the vague wording WG creates expectations which will disappoint, why not just surprise the players? would be the smart way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,084 posts
3,841 battles

It seems to be working on my side though... (re) Started watching Twitch yesterday, and today I found 3 "Space"-twitch containers in port (automatically opened though) and one Supercontainer (15k coal).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
9 posts
3,814 battles

I got 3 or 4 twitch containers over the weekend, but no iridium or space camo's. Also today got 1, same story, just the standard content. Also checked my notification feed: oil was added, and the standard stuff from the container, no iridium or camo's there either, nor added to armory directly (was at zero, still at zero.) So seems either bugged or not properly switched on for some regions.

 

 

Edit:

just got all the missing items retro-actively including a super container (just some crappy camo's but still free stuff is free stuff)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
Players
3,466 posts
12,389 battles

Opened one right now, standard content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[_CSR_]
Players
27 posts
3,905 battles

@The_EURL_Guy

Is this stuff working at all / as intended?

Fri,Sat, Sun nothing at all (don't know anyone who got anything on those days so possibly broken ? but US people from US streams said they got their drops)

Monday - 5x Ironium+cammo

Tue,Wed - nothing at all again (and again various US peeps confirmed their drops)

 

Is there a heavy limit on ironium drops ? Is it fubar for EU?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,084 posts
3,841 battles

@Crysantos, any idea why the drops are so erratic on EU compared to NA? I know it has to do with chance, but getting days without a single drop whereas NA get regular drops is a bit peculiar. I didn't get any (regular, space, super) drop since Monday, which has never happened before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,752 posts
1,143 battles

@sin099 @MrFingers

The chances are the same for all players and all servers for drops. It also doesn't matter whether it is a random WoWs stream or a CC. Everyone gets the same ;)

I can't think of a reason why you shouldn't receive drops, unless Twitch somehow detects you as inactive (stream muted, etc...).

How many streams (or rather for how long) did you watch?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,084 posts
3,841 battles
6 minutes ago, Sehales said:

@sin099 @MrFingers

The chances are the same for all players and all servers for drops. It also doesn't matter whether it is a random WoWs stream or a CC. Everyone gets the same ;)

I can't think of a reason why you shouldn't receive drops, unless Twitch somehow detects you as inactive (stream muted, etc...).

How many streams (or rather for how long) did you watch?

MrMacavity, The Grumpy Beard, Flamu, Flambass, Helrig, Izolate & Notser. From 9AM to 6PM, not muted and active in chat (within reason). It worked great until March. Then on Monday I got 4 drops all at once, and then nothing at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
404 posts
11,717 battles

now 2 days watching twitch, and no container...

 

 

before, few days back,  iv got and also one supercontainer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[_CSR_]
Players
27 posts
3,905 battles
1 hour ago, Sehales said:

@sin099 @MrFingers

The chances are the same for all players and all servers for drops. It also doesn't matter whether it is a random WoWs stream or a CC. Everyone gets the same ;)

I can't think of a reason why you shouldn't receive drops, unless Twitch somehow detects you as inactive (stream muted, etc...).

How many streams (or rather for how long) did you watch?

 

Had streamers (various CCs) since Friday X hours, yellow marker for some. interacting and green marker with others  but that's not really an issue for twitch drops (at least of other games), yes my account is properly connected in case you want to ask that. Stream wasn't muted nor was the tab muted (and afaik the latter twitch can't even detect).

 

0 Drops (ironium + cammo)  on Fri, Sat, Sun

5x drop (ironium + cammo) on Monday

Tue, Wed again 0

 

Tons of people report exactly the same(including with same days of Fri-Sun at least) which would indicate combination of:

1) it wasn't active or was broken for EU most likely Fri-Sun (The fact that news post about it being active since Friday came out on Saturday doesn't really help dissuade from this notion)

2) That the cap was possibly 5 and was reached in one day ?

2B) Different cap but shared with purple twitch containers thus filled already etc.

3) something is screwy in the algorithm

4) quite possibly broke again on Tue/Mon (depending if the drops were staggered from Sun -> Mon or not, and if other people got any of them on Tue/Wed but tons of people in streams report drought on Tue/Wed too)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,752 posts
1,143 battles

@sin099 the Twitch drops are not being delivered immediately, but with a bit of delay. You likely received them for streams you watched on a previous day, but they only arrived all at once on Monday.

There was also an issue with the delivery on weekend, but it was granted retroactively afaik.

Otherwise it can also be bad luck. I had a similar streak recently. During which I got only 2 containers for one week, while I received like 6 the next week. Watch time was pretty much the same though. It can happen. That's how Twitch's drop system is made to work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×