You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Joergensen

Right, wrong..or ?? question to experienced players

59 comments in this topic

[EUR]
Players
370 posts
4,103 battles
1 hour ago, Namuras said:

I didn't feel a change with the steam release... 

But teams are behaving more retarded then ever. And it is both sides usually aswell. I chalk it up to holidays... more kids underway. At times when i glance at MMMonitor i puke a little. Almost all players are in the 40%ish range on both teams. I have won two out of 20 games in the last two days. Doesn't matter what class i chose... there seems to always be a trio consisting of top tier BBs/CAs going to the border and "hunting" the CV or whatever...

Yesterday my average damage in Audacious went up 25k but win plummeted to 50%... i just couldn't kill stuff fast enough to actually matter.  

My record is 38 wins in a 100 games. I broke the losing streak by playing the same ships over and over again with my best captains and at very odd hours (very late in the evening or early) after some creative thinking and gaming the mm algorithm. While I reached 48-50% again the damage was done in my overall enjoyment to the game. So I gave up playing all lines and ships and now I sail only a few and just for fun, which I don't have much as today I exploded in the chat again and I'm very sorry for it. Losing is very disagreeable. MM will put the best players in one team and the worst in the other, if that doesn't work then it will put the worst ships in one team etc. and so forth always looking to create a huge disadvantage or so it seems :) It is a system that works beautifully as everyone is invested and comments constantly as seen by the huge fat post about mm here :) Without whining about stuff the game wouldn't be fun. Oh and an advice, avoid playing in the weekends, I had the worst teams EVER during weekends. Not bad, not potato, no nothing. Just a bunch of lads running around shooting at rocks or water for no reason while avoiding everything painted in the map. I had teams that didn't cap, or spot, or even move for a whole game. Ships that sailed out of the map as if hypnotized and CVs that never sent a squadron of planes up as if their mechanics or pilots were on strike or something :D

Players
1,108 posts
5,881 battles
Vor 1 Minute, ColonelPete sagte:

That is nothing new.

But if the average player got worse, but you not, your REALTIVE skill went up. On AVERAGE that means you can carry more games than before, not less.

It's hard to say that because the worse your teammates are ( the faster they suicide) the harder it is to carry also :0

but with more bad players you get more chances to carry! ☆

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
17,376 posts
11,714 battles
Just now, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

It's hard to say that because the worse your teammates are ( the faster they suicide) the harder it is to carry also :0

but with more bad players you get more chances to carry! ☆

That is not hard to say. That is simple logic.

Unless you would say that your team gets more bad players than the enemy team on average. Then you would be right. But you would not say that, would you?

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Beta Tester
373 posts
7,082 battles
3 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

My record is 38 wins in a 100 games. I broke the losing streak by playing the same ships over and over again with my best captains and at very odd hours (very late in the evening or early) after some creating thinking and gaming the mm algorithm. While I reached 48-50% again the damage was done in my overall enjoyment to the game. So I gave up playing all lines and ships and now I sail only a few and just for fun, which I don't have much as today I exploded in the chat again and I'm very sorry for it. Losing is very disagreeable. MM will put the best players in one team and the worst in the other, if that doesn't work then it will put the worst ships in one team etc. and so forth always looking to create a huge disadvantage or so it seems :) It is a system that works beautifully as everyone is invested and comments constantly as seen by the huge fat post about mm here :) Without whining about stuff the game wouldn't be fun. Oh and an advice, avoid playing in the weekends, I had the worst teams EVER during weekends. Not bad, not potato, no nothing. Just a bunch of lads running around shooting at rocks or water for no reason while avoiding everything painted in the map. I had teams that didn't cap, or spot, or even move for a whole game. Ships that sailed out of the map as if hypnotized and CVs that never sent a squadron of planes up as if their mechanics or pilots were on strike or something :D

You see... almost none of the games where blowouts tho. Both sides played crappy, just my side a little worse overall. In each and every game i could point to a variety of actions that could have easily been avoided and netted us a win. Myself included. 

Players
1,108 posts
5,881 battles
Vor 4 Minuten, ColonelPete sagte:

That is not hard to say. That is simple logic.

Unless you would say that your team gets more bad players than the enemy team on average. Then you would be right. But you would not say that, would you?

No i would not but it can certainly happen. ☆

To many variables anyways! ♡

But i'm pretty sure it's only a carry if your team plays worse then the enemy team. So a carry can only apply with s worse team. ☆

I don't even understand why we talk about that btw xD ♡

[EUR]
Players
370 posts
4,103 battles
6 minutes ago, Namuras said:

You see... almost none of the games where blowouts tho. Both sides played crappy, just my side a little worse overall. In each and every game i could point to a variety of actions that could have easily been avoided and netted us a win. Myself included. 

I was speaking in jest about the mm :Smile_hiding:(not)  but ye I agree that at times the gameplay is very rough to the eyes, and when everyone is doing the wrong thing it kinda catches up to me too often. I usually force myself not to speak in chat or interact but sometimes i get frustrated and it never helps as no one really listens (but for a few times), but I dont know what you can do to carry a team to win when no one wants to. I guess trying harder but I don't know if this is very healthy, some people are really good at it. I had a fantastic and very gallant dd today that tried to turn a game lost from the 6 min against eight ships, he almost did it cuz the other team kinda stopped playing for some reason but in the end we lost on points. I upvoted him and spoke highly about his exploits in chat which earned me a couple of downvotes and some very tasty remarks from the rest of my team as a reward :)

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
6,145 battles
2 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

Peacock ?

image.thumb.png.8afbb4f67662eae5fb532f1ba2cb5c6c.png

But quite serious....see the many "eyes" in the feathers of the peacock, on top of making him appear to be much larger then he really is ?

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT STATS REFERRING PLAYERS DO !

And just like the laugable fragile bird this is,  if you are not scared by the many eyes and it's spread feathers increasing it's size optically, with no real power behind it, it is  all but an illusion to be dispelled quite brutally by just sinking them in game. Stats are an illusion. Not playing at Tier X/in comms coordinated divisions sealclubbing players without that stats are always sub-optimal. That does not make "unicums"  better or you bad.

Every player just explodes and/or sinks just the same like any other. And as for that Peacock...i would turn it into a cloud of blood and feathers if i were any animal to be scared...

• Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
17,376 posts
11,714 battles
8 minutes ago, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

No i would not but it can certainly happen. ☆

Yes, when you look only at five games, not five thousand.

Players
1,108 posts
5,881 battles
Vor 7 Minuten, ColonelPete sagte:

Yes, when you look only at five games, not five thousand.

No, for me carries are a daily occurence if i play Midway. ♡

It's not such a small sample size. ☆

I don't understand why you believe it might be such a rarity? ♡

Steamrolls are common lately more so then ever. ☆

[CATS]
Players
17,376 posts
11,714 battles
8 minutes ago, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

No, for me carries are a daily occurence if i play Midway. ♡

It's not such a small sample size. ☆

I don't understand why you believe it might be such a rarity? ♡

Steamrolls are common lately more so then ever. ☆

I never said that. I said it is possible to have more bad players on your team than the enemy team if you look at a small sample size of matches. If you look at a large sample size it is practicly impossible.

Players
1,108 posts
5,881 battles
Vor 4 Minuten, ColonelPete sagte:

I never said that. I said it is possible to have more bad players on your team than the enemy team if you look at a small sample size of matches. If you look at a large sample size it is practicly impossible.

Wow, my brain can't keeo up, might be because i'm not native English but i can't make sense at what you are saying. Sorry for my lack of understanding. ☆♡☆

Players
45 posts
4,905 battles

I temporary quit random. Just playing co-op and space battles.

Now I have fun in the game again. :)

Once in a week I try random... but 2 losses and I quit again.

Have fun sailors

• Cool 1

[BLITZ]
Players
2,537 posts
9,821 battles
57 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

But quite serious....see the many "eyes" in the feathers of the peacock, on top of making him appear to be much larger then he really is ?

And just like the laugable fragile bird this is,  if you are not scared by the many eyes and it's spread feathers increasing it's size optically, with no real power behind it, it is  all but an illusion to be dispelled quite brutally by just sinking them in game. Stats are an illusion. Not playing at Tier X/in comms coordinated divisions sealclubbing players without that stats are always sub-optimal. That does not make "unicums"  better or you bad.

Every player just explodes and/or sinks just the same like any other. And as for that Peacock...i would turn it into a cloud of blood and feathers if i were any animal to be scared...

Good players aren't good?

• Funny 1

Players
1,811 posts
245 battles

im doing fine when im selective with my games lol.

https://wows-numbers.com/player/552657871,BrigadierRosen/

(not that i have many creds to splash on new ships anyways).

but yeah felt the pain of two cv's in a dd game's very hard to do damage in general, especially stealth torping (i've been bad at this anyways)

[AMOK]
Players
1,224 posts
6,807 battles
2 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

That is nothing new.

But if the average player got worse, but you not, your REALTIVE skill went up. On AVERAGE that means you can carry more games than before, not less.

Nope. Its all very theoretical but its about 12vs12. So if there are 1-2 avg to good players on both sides its all about whose team dies faster.

[CATS]
Players
17,376 posts
11,714 battles
4 minutes ago, Donar79 said:

Nope. Its all very theoretical but its about 12vs12. So if there are 1-2 avg to good players on both sides its all about whose team dies faster.

It is logical. If the player base gets worse the number of average to good players in a team goes down too. You are the constant.

[O-S-W]
Players
462 posts
13,672 battles

ok. more loosers players gives youo an  opportunity to kill them easily.

ok..your team will loose. but you cann be 1. in the team list in afterbattle list.

(i posted allready many advises for wargaming to give special bonus to the  heroes first in the list..)

Players
1,061 posts
9,065 battles
3 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

That is nothing new.

As far as my experience goes: the snowball effect is huge in this game. Often a single ship lost in the first few minutes causes a flank to fall and ultimately an entire team to collapse. So more noobs actually means more stomps instead of close games that last 20 minutes. In that sense it got harder to carry. 

An interesting statistic could be the average time of games. 

If that went down while the playercount went up, the "noobs-snowball theory" could be right. 

Otherwise this is just bullsh1t. :cap_like:

• Cool 3

Players
264 posts
1,706 battles
Vor 3 Stunden, GarrusBrutus sagte:

An interesting statistic could be the average time of games. 

If that went down while the playercount went up, the "noobs-snowball theory" could be right. 

Otherwise this is just bullsh1t. :cap_like:

Indeed. Would be curious to see that either. On the one hand for player base but also as a statistic in the profile with mapping on ships and/or tiers.

[NWP]
Players
1,474 posts
10,448 battles
6 hours ago, B0Tato said:

Good players aren't good?

You're better off ignoring him. We've had months of this... like a record stuck on repeat.

"BuT sTaTs DoN't MeAn AnyThInG"

"T10 Is SeAlClUbBiNg"

"DiViSiOnS aRe ChEaTiNg"

"PaCoCkS OnLy CaRe AbOuT sTaTs, AnD sKiLl iSn'T rEaL"

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,409 posts
13,073 battles
8 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

If the player base gets worse the number of average to good players in a team goes down too.

I'd like to point out that without knowing player distribution the above is just a more or less valid assumption (much more on the valid side of course). A team with an "elite" and 11 bad players will on average still be worse than a team with an "elite" and 11 average players, i.e. a team can easily become worse without losing their "star" player(s). Also we would need to take into account the relative number of players better than you. If the player base is 10000 players and there are 10 players better than you then carrying will indeed have become easier as you will not meet the "elite" guys that often but can "club" bad players more often instead. If the player base is 10000 players and 1000 players are better than you then carrying might have just become harder because if we eliminate the other 22 players from the equation (counting as 0 contribution to winning the game) you most likely will have to single-handedly beat the better player in order to win. This scenario can easily be valid in cases where the "elite" player base remains nearly constant (because successful players tend to stay and continue playing) while the average player base thins out (for various reasons) and is replaced by a stream of new, inexperienced players keeping the absolute player base mostly constant while reducing overall quality. Note that most of my statements are of hypothetical nature as I did not check the distribution of players in the given player base in any kind or form.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
17,376 posts
11,714 battles

Even with a constant ratio of good players, games become easier when the average player becomes weaker.

Your influence becomes bigger, since you outskill more players than before.

Players
1,148 posts
8,661 battles
19 hours ago, Excavatus said:

In the end, I agree with OP, I think the percentage of the bad players are getting higher..

I don't know why!

Seriously, you don't know why?

That's so funny I almost fell of my gaming chair..:Smile_veryhappy:

1. The rework drove away many skilled and talented players leaving a vacuum that was filled with no brain potatoes playing ships that they are incapable of handling because they had no experience but they still were able to buy them. In my last game, which was some weeks ago now, I distinctly remember a Tirpitz player in game asking how he zooms in on a target because he had forgotten..

2. The rework attracted the 10 year old ex MineCraft players who have become the "Zoom zoom boom boom brigade" These new players didn't give a damn about learning the game they wanted their results fast without the grind and thanks to WG they got just that.

3. The rework favoured the CV over every other class so the good players slip to bad players because they didn't have a hope in hell of making any worthy contribution to the game.

4. The rework changed the game for everyone.

5. The experienced players with good skills left...

No surprise there is there?

6. The vacuum is filled by......??

POTATO.jpg.e923da39fec3bde7e480a9c09da8a120.jpg

[CATS]
Players
17,376 posts
11,714 battles
1 minute ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

1. The rework drove away many skilled and talented players leaving a vacuum that was filled with no brain potatoes playing ships that they are incapable of handling because they had no experience but they still were able to buy them. In my last game, which was some weeks ago now, I distinctly remember a Tirpitz player in game asking how he zooms in on a target because he had forgotten..

2. The rework attracted the 10 year old ex MineCraft players who have become the "Zoom zoom boom boom brigade" These new players didn't give a damn about learning the game they wanted their results fast without the grind and thanks to WG they got just that.

3. The rework favoured the CV over every other class so the good players slip to bad players because they didn't have a hope in hell of making any worthy contribution to the game.

4. The rework changed the game for everyone.

5. The experienced players with good skills left...

No surprise there is there?

6. The vacuum is filled by......??

1. people make this claim "a bit" longer than the rework
  2. Mincecraft is not played that way and all polls show that WoWs players are MUCH older
  3. Have you looked at Tier IV CV?
  4. That is the result of a rework. You have to change stuff...
  5. Any proof?
  6. Any proof?

Players
342 posts
3,092 battles
18 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

HURRRBAHH DURRBAH DURRELL TIME TO DERAIL ANOTHER THREAD 

More seriously, as of this post, I have 44 battles at tier X, 50 battles in a two-man division, and NONE in either three-man or comms coordinated divisions.

If you do some quick mental arithmetic, you'll notice that that means that around 97% of my results have nothing to do with playing in a division or at tier X, and yet I perform better than you on average in every stat at every tier. How exactly do you explain this?