You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Joergensen

Right, wrong..or ?? question to experienced players

59 comments in this topic

[TRV]
Beta Tester
126 posts
10,408 battles

Howdy sailors, have been playing since beta day 1, im no pro, not even pro wannabe, but hates doing poorly and try to learn by my mistakes, even steal advices from utube and test em (its the practical use im struggle with)

However, last year it seems to me that the quality of the player base has dropped , and more so last 6-8 months, before there could be god battles with mixed quality teams 2 out of 5 battles roughly, bad days and god days.

Primary using wows stats and numbers.com and warships today as refference, and latly the teams has been bad, so bad that i log off after 2-5 battles, and with god or bad im not using only winrate or only damage but a mix of all stats PLUSS the most important how players uses their ships during a battle (with many battles stats doesnt follow the actual player progression in a spesific ship but lags behind )

Am i right or wrong ? as the player base is now i feel that wows is kinda dying when it comes to random battles while having a good time when it comes to team/clan battles, and im considering using less time on the game, but having a hard time deciding since i was well off trying to improve in some ships.

So in short, enyone else noticing a drop in player quality ? yes/no or an elaborate answear , thx ;)

• Cool 1

Players
1,108 posts
5,881 battles

Quality dropped because of a meta shift.☆

But it's getting better already! ♡

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,189 posts
10,726 battles

A good deal of that is confirmation bias since random MM puts the same potatoes equally often on the enemy teams.

What I would say however is that indeed the quality of gameplay has decreased, which as far as I've experienced results in losses becoming MUCH more lopsided as people either rush to their early deaths or are so afraid of fighting they hardly ever engage the enemy which can turn out into effectively missing half the team from just the moment the enemy team gets spotted. I'd certainly say the skillgap has increased and not exactly because a handful unicums got better at farming lemmingtrains.

• Cool 2

[TRV]
Beta Tester
126 posts
10,408 battles
3 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

A good deal of that is confirmation bias since random MM puts the same potatoes equally often on the enemy teams.

What I would say however is that indeed the quality of gameplay has decreased, which as far as I've experienced results in sosses becoming MUCH more lopsided as people either rush to their early deaths or are so afraid of fighting they hardly ever engage the enemy which can turn out into effectively missing half the team from just the moment the enemy team gets spotted. I'd certainly say the skillgap has increased and not exactly because a handful unicums got better at farming lemmingtrains.

Thx, spot on what im experiencing, the "bad" players aint even trying do inteligent things ;@) one of the things i like with wows is that unicums (stat wise) can only do so much but they cant win a battle alone as in other games (would be hitting the 1 mill damage mark from tier 8+) but a god player can have an effect on the outcome.

[AAO]
Players
2,078 posts
10,438 battles
17 minutes ago, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

But it's getting better already! ♡

☆Where♡exactly☆do♡you☆see♡this?☆

♡Cause☆I♡ain't☆seeing♡that,☆not♡even☆slightly.♡

Spoiler

☆☆THIS♡IS☆SYMMETRY♡♡♡YOU☆DIRTY♡HIPPY☆☆

• Cool 1
  • Funny 10

Players
228 posts
9,137 battles

Interesting enough is fact that we have this topic reoccuring from a day the game left closed status.

Have you maybe consider that your knowledge of game has risen so much that you are just able to distinguich bad play from good play?

Previously you had no idea if what other people do was bad, now you see all of it.

To be fair, the of CV is strong. Played some DD's it is not half as bad as forum suggest. People need to adapt but that takes time.

Potatos will potato, unicums will... ugh what's the word?

• Cool 2

Players
1,108 posts
5,881 battles
Vor 4 Minuten, Saiyko sagte:

Versteckte Inhalte sichtbar machen

Yesterday i was warned not to put the signs between words and letters! ☆

You must be careful! :0 ♡

Well i saw it in the games yesterday, especially that DD trio that really pushed well together with their smoke coverage!☆

People are adapting to CVs! ♡

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
6,145 battles
3 minutes ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

Peacock ?

image.thumb.png.8afbb4f67662eae5fb532f1ba2cb5c6c.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
17,376 posts
11,714 battles
25 minutes ago, Joergensen said:

Howdy sailors, have been playing since beta day 1, im no pro, not even pro wannabe, but hates doing poorly and try to learn by my mistakes, even steal advices from utube and test em (its the practical use im struggle with)

However, last year it seems to me that the quality of the player base has dropped , and more so last 6-8 months, before there could be god battles with mixed quality teams 2 out of 5 battles roughly, bad days and god days.

Primary using wows stats and numbers.com and warships today as refference, and latly the teams has been bad, so bad that i log off after 2-5 battles, and with god or bad im not using only winrate or only damage but a mix of all stats PLUSS the most important how players uses their ships during a battle (with many battles stats doesnt follow the actual player progression in a spesific ship but lags behind )

Am i right or wrong ? as the player base is now i feel that wows is kinda dying when it comes to random battles while having a good time when it comes to team/clan battles, and im considering using less time on the game, but having a hard time deciding since i was well off trying to improve in some ships.

So in short, enyone else noticing a drop in player quality ? yes/no or an elaborate answear , thx ;)

Playerbase did not really change, but you changed.

You got more experience and are able to spot mistakes you missed before. 

It is also possible that your standard, what you consider good play, increased over time.

• Cool 1

Players
87 posts
14,817 battles
5 minutes ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

Interesting enough is fact that we have this topic reoccuring from a day the game left closed status.

Have you maybe consider that your knowledge of game has risen so much that you are just able to distinguich bad play from good play?

Previously you had no idea if what other people do was bad, now you see all of it.

To be fair, the of CV is strong. Played some DD's it is not half as bad as forum suggest. People need to adapt but that takes time.

I shudder at all the bad play I used to do and shudder when I now recognize it in others. I’d like to think that they would learn as I did but I’m not hopeful. There’s been a constant shift downwards since wows went onto steam IMHO

[BLUMR]
Players
100 posts
6,174 battles
2 minutes ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

This ^^

3 minutes ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

I think you're looking for perhaps Prance? or Unicorn 

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
6,145 battles

I do hope you differentiate in stats ( those rise with arriving at Tier X anyway as there is nothing more powerful clubbing you, and comms coordinated divisioning may help up that too ) and actual behaviour in game.

There was a time when i did not know what to do in Cruisers and i still find playing DD hard ( and since i haven't reached Tier X yet nor play in comms coordinated divisions that shows in stats ) so that may have qualified as poor play. That reached it's peak with the Pensecola being an unplayble ship since it lacks any armour but i thought it would be very strong with weee 203 mm guns..... Still disllke Cruisers with no heal/smoke for their lack of durability ( in Operations )  but i denfinitely have come to understand what you are supposed to do in them.

If anything you should blame WG for not making players follow madatory tutorials showing them what to do with every class of ship, and preferably differences in classes too. It isn't that hard, they earn enough money and it would improve the game for everyone.

• Cool 1

[TRV]
Beta Tester
126 posts
10,408 battles

Thx for the feedback sailors ;@) lots of good replys , maybe ill stick around and find an active clan to play in.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,189 posts
10,726 battles
2 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

I do hope you differentiate in stats [...] and actual behaviour in game.

Still the same. Knowing what you're supposed to do in cruisers and actually doing it are still two different shoe sizes so only knowing what to do and actually doing it will reflect positively on your performance stats. Knowing what you're supposed to do and not doing it (successfully) will vice versa be reflected accordingly with poorer stats. That's how it works.

[AMOK]
Players
1,224 posts
6,807 battles
6 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

.... That reached it's peak with the Pensecola being an unplayble ship since it lacks any armour but i thought it would be very strong with weee 200 mm guns..... But i denfinitely have come to understand what you are supposed to do in them.

It's mainly hope and pray, the rest is do not the slightest mistake and u are absolutely fine and do great with her :cap_haloween: Honestly these kind of ships are the most challenging imho...i think thats why i like them even if i am not good in them.

[NWP]
Players
1,474 posts
10,448 battles
42 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

Hide contents

NOBODY SAID IT WAS CONTAGIOUS!!!! 

• Funny 2

1,651 posts
6,092 battles

I say playerbase quality dropped very fast after the release on steam...

But that may be a complete BS from my side..

In the end, I agree with OP, I think the percentage of the bad players are getting higher..

I don't know why!

• Cool 2

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,755 posts
7,919 battles

If the other players are all worse than before then you should do better than before.

• Cool 1

[AMOK]
Players
1,224 posts
6,807 battles
Just now, Hedgehog1963 said:

If the other players are all worse than before then you should do better than before.

No. Some teams are just not carriable.

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,755 posts
7,919 battles
Just now, Donar79 said:

Ah, I see.  Somehow only the team you are on has the bad players...

[AMOK]
Players
1,224 posts
6,807 battles
Just now, Hedgehog1963 said:

Ah, I see.  Somehow only the team you are on has the bad players...

What do you see? Where did i mentioned that?

I just commented your general and meaningless statement with a general and meaningless statement. No more, no less.

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Beta Tester
373 posts
7,082 battles
4 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

In the end, I agree with OP, I think the percentage of the bad players are getting higher..

I don't know why!

I didn't feel a change with the steam release... 

But teams are behaving more retarded then ever. And it is both sides usually aswell. I chalk it up to holidays... more kids underway. At times when i glance at MMMonitor i puke a little. Almost all players are in the 40%ish range on both teams. I have won two out of 20 games in the last two days. Doesn't matter what class i chose... there seems to always be a trio consisting of top tier BBs/CAs going to the border and "hunting" the CV or whatever...

Yesterday my average damage in Audacious went up 25k but win plummeted to 50%... i just couldn't kill stuff fast enough to actually matter.  

[AAO]
Players
2,078 posts
10,438 battles
5 minutes ago, Namuras said:

I have won two out of 20 games in the last two days

ouch :Smile_unsure:

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
6,145 battles
1 hour ago, Excavatus said:

I don't know why!

Let me try....Since Steam may have brought a lot of newcomers, they haven't arrived at Tier X yet and are climbing-the-hill-wolves yet learning how to ?

[CATS]
Players
17,376 posts
11,714 battles
1 hour ago, Donar79 said:

That is nothing new.

But if the average player got worse, but you not, your REALTIVE skill went up. On AVERAGE that means you can carry more games than before, not less.