You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ace42X

Premium Carriers - Best setups?

108 comments in this topic

[AMOK]
Players
1,120 posts
6,574 battles

Premium Carriers - Best setups?

giphy.gif

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,259 posts
11,654 battles
5 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Again and again this referring to STATS as an all-indicating source what a player is. Again and again ignoring these stats can be influenced in many ways.

They CAN indicate someone is a good player. But they can also indicate one merely observes how stats are measured, and stack odds in such a way they will go up.

The behaviour of what look like shaming cultists or something is such they cannot even ben skilled players. Because truely good players would not need to behave that way at all. The mere fact referring to stats or peacocking them indicates insecurity, or posing themselves better then they truely are.

And obvioulsy blocking others from using given oppertunities offered by skill trees, modules and ship abilities.

You can believe what you want, mate, but the only person behaving like a bit of a cult is you.

• Cool 3

[NWP]
Players
1,207 posts
10,123 battles
14 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Again and again this referring to STATS as an all-indicating source what a player is. Again and again ignoring these stats can be influenced in many ways.

They CAN indicate someone is a good player. But they can also indicate one merely observes how stats are measured, and stack odds in such a way they will go up.

The behaviour of what look like shaming cultists or something is such they cannot even ben skilled players. Because truely good players would not need to behave that way at all. The mere fact referring to stats or peacocking them indicates insecurity, or posing themselves better then they truely are.

And obvioulsy blocking others from thinking of using given oppertunities offered by skill trees, modules and ship abilities. Because WG put thse choices up there because they are "worthless" right ? To fool the fools chosing them...riiiiiight....

I see your still at it...

ok.....gif

Players
179 posts
2 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

do not see any use of 10 % less detectability

The point there is that your planes are not seen as easily so take less AA which can be a huge benefit if you are trying to dodge multiple ships. It also lets returning planes take less damage.

Having said that, I am goi g to try out AFT having got a Close Quarters Expert on a sniping destroyer just from having the secondary flag.

[BHSFL]
Players
1,431 posts
5,618 battles
14 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

You can believe what you want, mate, but the only person behaving like a bit of a cult is you.

Skill trees have options, which fit into certain styles of play. Skill tree options are never "worthless" if they fit your play and you actually use them.

That has nothing to do with trolling or cultism...your behaviour however, trying to "shame" or derate me for simply saying this....

[QUAK]
[QUAK]
Beta Tester
623 posts
9,193 battles
24 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Ah well, so you say, he can influence his win rate because he knows how? I think the only way is winning, so you say he knows how to win. This is what a good player does...

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,244 posts
14,972 battles
Just now, KS1975 said:

Ah well, so you say, he can influence his win rate because he knows how? I think the only way is winning, so you say he knows how to win. This is what a good player does...

He's saying that he still can't filter for solo stats despite numerous people demonstrating this ancient and difficult technique for him.

• Funny 4

Weekend Tester
950 posts
5,045 battles

Man i cant wait to become as toxic as some people here. Is this the key to being a CV god :fish_cute_2:

On the other note, yo rate my Graf captain (14pts)

unknown.thumb.png.9c8bef48a35bc9fdd9238dac1aea27c9.png

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,259 posts
11,654 battles
8 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

...your behaviour however, trying to "shame" or derate me for simply saying this....

I'm not trying to shame you, fella, you are doing a much better job of that than I ever could.

• Funny 4

Players
1,063 posts
8,056 battles
3 hours ago, xxNihilanxx said:

For premium CVs you wanna go..

Preventative Maintenance

Expert Marksman

Adrenaline Rush

Vigilance

Basics of Survivability

Manual Fire Control for Secondaries

AFT.

Trust me, I know what I'm talking about...

:Smile_trollface:

I have sufficient 19 point captains that I'm legit considering getting the Kaga and retraining a ManSec+AFT CV captain... You can still get the truly essential CV skills like Survivability Expert and Aircraft Armor.

Edit: to be clear that's a joke build, but IMO the joke is a good one.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,244 posts
14,972 battles
3 minutes ago, Srle_Vigilante said:

Man i cant wait to become as toxic as some people here. Is this the key to being a CV god :fish_cute_2:

Why do you think I play reworked CVs? :Smile_trollface:

4 minutes ago, Srle_Vigilante said:

On the other note, yo rate my Graf captain (14pts)

Recommend dropping CE for SE and Improved Engine Boost instead. You're gonna need every bit of plane survivability you can get when you inevitably get up tiered.

• Cool 1

[-VIS-]
[-VIS-]
Players
290 posts
4,194 battles
2 ore fa, El2aZeR ha scritto:

That was the question I was asking you, you know?

Except actually I can.

You see, this is stagnation:

1Ecn8id.png

This is improvement:

fVGSfZq.png

You may guess which one of these is yours.

And before you say it, surface ships stats are practically irrelevant since neither of us has played a significant amount in them in that time span.

OUCH! :Smile_glasses:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Weekend Tester
950 posts
5,045 battles
2 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Recommend dropping CE for SE and Improved Engine Boost instead. You're gonna need every bit of plane survivability you can get when you inevitably get up tiered.

That sounds interesting. Let me ask you this as well, for my 19pts i planed on adding Torp accel and SE. Would that be ok? Maybe exchange Air Supremacy for Engine boost?

[SM0KE]
Players
2,943 posts
6,893 battles
1 hour ago, Beastofwar said:

<sigh> I filtered for wins in solo battles only, and playing CVs only. 'All' these particular stats tell you in this case is that whatever the player in question is doing, their methodology results in them winning a lot more often than not.

The point of this game is to win, ergo it's a reasonable hypothesis that studying the behaviours of someone who wins (a lot - this is serious unicum territory) might provide indications as to what sorts of things might increase one's chances of, y'know, winning.

All the stats would suggest that walking across a motorway when it's full of traffic doing seventy wouldn't have a terribly happy outcome; not understanding, or being willfully blind to, those stats won't make you any more likely to avoid being turned into mush beneath the wheels of a juggernaut if you try and cross yourself. "lalala, I can't hear you" doesn't make demonstrably provable information any less true...

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,244 posts
14,972 battles
2 minutes ago, Srle_Vigilante said:

That sounds interesting. Let me ask you this as well, for my 19pts i planes on adding Torp accel and SE. Would that be ok? Maybe exchange Air Supremacy for Engine boost?

Any effective CV build now basically boils down to whether you want to stick with CE or not. You however need every single survivability skill to remain competitive when getting up tiered, hence foregoing them is a no no.

This is actually why I recommend taking CE only after you've got all survivability skills. This also gives you more experience in making that decision. You may notice that you can play without it just fine or feel like that you really need it.

I have no idea whether GZ wants TA (as I don't have one myself). On some CVs it is a must have, on some it is a nice to have and the rest don't want it. You'll have to either ask someone like @Graf_Zeppelin_Kai or get some experience with it yourself.

AS is a fine choice. I'd rate it as more useful than a bit more boost.

• Cool 2

Players
5,207 posts
8,075 battles
1 minute ago, El2aZeR said:

Any effective CV build now basically boils down to whether you want to stick with CE or not. You however need every single survivability skill to remain competitive when getting up tiered, hence foregoing them is a no no.

This is actually why I recommend taking CE only after you've got all survivability skills. This also gives you more experience in making that decision. You may notice that you can play without it just fine or feel like that you really need it.

I have no idea whether GZ wants TA (as I don't have one myself). On some CVs it is a must have, on some it is a nice to have and the rest don't want it. You'll have to either ask someone like @Graf_Zeppelin_Kai or get some experience with it yourself.

AS is a fine choice. I'd rate it as more useful than a bit more boost.

GZ have rather... speschul torps - 4500dmg, 35kts, 6.7km, 25% flood chance (Enty/Lex have 52% in comparison) attack run on 3 planes, 9 in squadron, 14 total

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
1,534 posts
4,578 battles
1 hour ago, Beastofwar said:

You are not special, and neither am I or any other player including @El2aZeR. That's the point of statistics. We are just numbers - that is how you measure things.

And tell me exactly how would you "influence in many ways" the winrate with carriers? Gitting gut, that's how.

(inb4 all unicums are filthy stetpedders)

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
310 posts
9,751 battles
58 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

1 hour ago, Srle_Vigilante said:

That sounds interesting. Let me ask you this as well, for my 19pts i planes on adding Torp accel and SE. Would that be ok? Maybe exchange Air Supremacy for Engine boost?

Playing it today.

Seems to me you'd want to get it, TA that is. Much more comfortable to use and significantly easier to lead.

I actually use it on all the CVs post rework. If you do get it on graf, It'll go from 35 to 40knts, as with with USN. The difference is tangible enough to be worth it, imo. 

Sidenote: Enterprise is a kickass ship, holy cow. I think I'm in love, first time since the rework went live.

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
950 posts
5,045 battles
32 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

Playing it today.

Seems to me you'd want to get it, TA that is. Much more comfortable to use and significantly easier to lead.

I actually use it on all the CVs post rework. If you do get it on graf, It'll go from 35 to 40knts, as with with USN. The difference is tangible enough to be worth it, imo. 

Sidenote: Enterprise is a kickass ship, holy cow. I think I'm in love, first time since the rework went live.

I personally think Speed > Range. At least on plane launched torps. Way easier to hit things.

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
310 posts
9,751 battles
13 minutes ago, Srle_Vigilante said:

I personally think Speed > Range. At least on plane launched torps. Way easier to hit things.

Yeah

I'd get it on all the nations, but you could pass on Japan maybe. They're pretty fast already.

[NWP]
Players
1,207 posts
10,123 battles

Kaga is now my Waifu... ohhh my god, what the :etc_swear: am I writing?? Waifu?? What have I become :cap_fainting:I need put down... there is no cure for this... I CURSE YOU WEEBS!! CURSE YOU ALL!!

But seriously. Learning Ryujo helped my Kaga play massively. Both ships were down in the red zone. Like, deep tomato red. In only a week or 2 of learning and seeking advice it has become much better. My games are better, scores are better and I'm still learning. So,l I'd like to thank those who have given advice in the forum, and @El2aZeR for picking apart just one replay and giving me great feed back. May send more in the future. Here is just a quick glance in recent games. 

Spoiler

Kaga is my waifu .png

Spoiler

Learning Kaga.png

Spoiler

Learning Kaga.png 2.png

Spoiler

Learning Kaga.png 3.png

Spoiler

Learning Kaga.png 4.png

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

Players
787 posts
3,155 battles

I regret selling the Kaga and enterprise now to get the Implacable, should I wait the ridiculous 6 months before I can buy them back or just go ahead and buy them outright again.

Shame we cannot division in CV's as I learn quite some useful things in here.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
1,207 posts
10,123 battles
1 minute ago, NoobySkooby said:

I regret selling the Kaga and enterprise now to get the Implacable, should I wait the ridiculous 6 months before I can buy them back or just go ahead and buy them outright again.

Shame we cannot division in CV's as I learn quite some useful things in here.

Kaga just seems to suit my style, so does Ryujo. Shokaku will be next and no doubt throw some curve balls my way. 

[SM0KE]
Players
2,943 posts
6,893 battles
2 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

should I wait the ridiculous 6 months before I can buy them back or just go ahead and buy them outright again.

I'd wait - they're not *that* good!

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
310 posts
9,751 battles
Just now, Bear_Necessities said:

Kaga just seems to suit my style, so does Ryujo. Shokaku will be next and no doubt throw some curve balls my way. 

I like how Kaga looks but idk if I like how she 'feels'. The ''infinite'' reserves are nice though xD

Though I've only played 5 games with her, let's see what happens