You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Beastofwar

Will there be CV nerfing agian ?

71 comments in this topic

[BHSFL]
Players
1,399 posts
5,517 battles

I really enjoy the premium CV's but i also see they are WAY more powerful when used to their full potential then tech tree CV, at least the T VIII ones.  Also i think they will be quite popular so the damage they  inflict will not go unnoticed and will not sit well with many players not using CV probably causing massive complaints again.

Since WG seems to not want to touch premium ships with nerfs one might come to have the idea they might nerf all CV's to reduce the power of these premium ones. I think that would not be acceptable, as these tech tree CV's were nerfed so much already and really do not share the same very powerful abilities the premium ones have.

What do you think will happen ? Especially the larger squadrons releasing more weapons ( per squadron ) will prove to be menacing to other players, but nerfing them through other CV that do not even have that will surely castrate them.

• Boring 4

Players
845 posts
5,587 battles

There will probably be Midway DB nerfs!☆

Don't think anything else will get nerfed anymore! ☆

• Funny 1

[OP-B]
Beta Tester
697 posts
3,587 battles

Meh nerfs... Changes overall for CVs most likely. I can't imagine the fighter consumable of carriers is here to stay e.g.

• Funny 1

[-AP-]
Players
1,238 posts
3,319 battles

I hope there will be, a no-risk safe class should also come with the disadvantage of being weak in comparison to the not-so-safe classes.

• Cool 8
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 2

[ANV]
[ANV]
Players
249 posts
3,103 battles
14 minutes ago, thiextar said:

I hope there will be, a no-risk safe class should also come with the disadvantage of being weak in comparison to the not-so-safe classes.

No risk? 

[THROW]
Players
721 posts
21,679 battles
19 minutes ago, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

There will probably be Midway DB nerfs!☆

Don't think anything else will get nerfed anymore! ☆

they were already nerfed. i doubt they would cripple that ship anymore.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
845 posts
5,587 battles
Gerade eben, Mr_Snoww sagte:

they were already nerfed. i doubt they would cripple that ship anymore.

Wait,Midway dB were nerfed? ♡

What? ☆

When? ♡

How? ☆

I still blapp DDs with them LOL! ☆♡☆

[-AP-]
Players
1,238 posts
3,319 battles
2 minutes ago, Lord0 said:

No risk? 

1. Nothing can be done about the squadrons first strike, its guaranteed to get through, which leads to safe damage

2. Planes regenerate simultaneously in three different squads, as long as you dodge flak and dont charge minos, you pretty much have infinite planes.

3. Decent cv players can make themselves pretty much immune to flak, and all the aa skills have been shafted so hard that fire prevention is now more useful vs carriers than all the aa skills combined.

Previously carriers had a hardcap on the amount of planes they could bring, aa was devastating and aa skills actually worked, this meant that if you made slight mistakes, you basically killed yourself by making yourself useless.

The new carriers are so idiot-proofed that you pretty much have to kill the carrier itself to get rid of them, something that is impossible if they look at the minimap once a minute.

So yeah, id say they are pretty much a no-risk guaranteed reward class.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[THROW]
Players
721 posts
21,679 battles
3 minutes ago, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

What? ☆

When? ♡

How? ☆

the 2.7 KM last second side on drop was removed.

on another note please stop putting those stupid icons next to your sentences. its pointless and annoying.

• Cool 7

Players
845 posts
5,587 battles
Vor 2 Minuten, thiextar sagte:

1. Nothing can be done about the squadrons first strike, its guaranteed to get through, which leads to safe damage

2. Planes regenerate simultaneously in three different squads, as long as you dodge flak and dont charge minos, you pretty much have infinite planes.

3. Decent cv players can make themselves pretty much immune to flak, and all the aa skills have been shafted so hard that fire prevention is now more useful vs carriers than all the aa skills combined.

Previously carriers had a hardcap on the amount of planes they could bring, aa was devastating and aa skills actually worked, this meant that if you made slight mistakes, you basically killed yourself by making yourself useless.

The new carriers are so idiot-proofed that you pretty much have to kill the carrier itself to get rid of them, something that is impossible if they look at the minimap once a minute.

In the hands of 100 players maybe! ☆♡☆

@Mr_Snoww

No i will not? ☆

It's not like it hurts you! ♡

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 5

[KAKE]
Players
1,321 posts
3,570 battles

I suspect they'll fiddle around a bit with them, and then in two years or so we'll have a new CV rework.

• Cool 1

Players
845 posts
5,587 battles
Vor 4 Minuten, Uglesett sagte:

I suspect they'll fiddle around a bit with them, and then in two years or so we'll have a new CV rework.

Why would you think that?

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,244 posts
11,580 battles
34 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

I really enjoy the premium CV's but i also see they are WAY more powerful when used to their full potential then tech tree CV, at least the T VIII ones.  Also i think they will be quite popular so the damage they  inflict will not go unnoticed and will not sit well with many players not using CV probably causing massive complaints again.

Since WG seems to not want to touch premium ships with nerfs one might come to have the idea they might nerf all CV's to reduce the power of these premium ones. I think that would not be acceptable, as these tech tree CV's were nerfed so much already and really do not share the same very powerful abilities the premium ones have.

What do you think will happen ? Especially the larger squadrons releasing more weapons ( per squadron ) will prove to be menacing to other players, but nerfing them through other CV that do not even have that will surely castrate them.

29 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Meh nerfs... Changes overall for CVs most likely. I can't imagine the fighter consumable of carriers is here to stay e.g.

^^ This is your answer, mate. They will make so-called "global changes" that affect ALL CVs so that they can say they haven't directly nerfed the premium ships and therefore players have no recourse to a refund. Tried and tested method, it's what they do.

• Cool 2

[KAKE]
Players
1,321 posts
3,570 battles
1 minute ago, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

Why would you think that?

Because the rework didn't solve any of the issues that were the reason for it. CVs are just as problematic as they always were, if not more so. And since the concept behind the rework is fundamentally flawed, they can't fix it by just tweaking.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Players
845 posts
5,587 battles
Vor 9 Minuten, Uglesett sagte:

Because the rework didn't solve any of the issues that were the reason for it. CVs are just as problematic as they always were, if not more so. And since the concept behind the rework is fundamentally flawed, they can't fix it by just tweaking.

After selling the prem CV as confidently as they do now the rework is going to stay like this until balanced as far as they can! ☆♡☆

It reached the goal of being more accessable and CV are fairly popular now, 2 things they fixed! ☆

The salebof prem CVs supports that too, even players who dislike the rework heavily at the start are buying them! ♡

Looks like a success for WG so far! ☆

• Cool 1

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,693 posts
6,951 battles
18 minutes ago, thiextar said:

1. then a torpedo for 3k hits... Idk, that's just compared to a good dodge of a enemy salvo. If dodged correctly, the enemy can't do much damage either, but he might hit with a pen for 5k, even when perfect dodged.

It depends heavily on the situation. The best thing that can happen is something like a 3 citadell hits of the Hakuryu with the first strike, but then the ship also kinda failed, in the same way like a ship failed, when it shows broad side.

2. Guess average players wouldn't agree with that, and even good players won't have always infinite planes, when there is no Mino. It's also unlikely that someone always dodges flak, that's impossible, if some ships stack.

Cruisers in general are good against AA, even with Azuma I do solo often 20-30 plane kills

3. Good players are not pretty much immune, planes will always get shot. Especially with non-T10 ships.

The old carriers could have "infinite planes" as well, if there was a good player and dominates the other carrier and he wouldn't run out of planes, but archives devastating strikes.

I recommend to play CV

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[KAKE]
Players
1,321 posts
3,570 battles
7 minutes ago, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

After selling the prem CV as confidently as they do now the rework is going to stay like this until balanced as far as they can! ☆♡☆

They probably are close to "as balanced as they can be". I.e. not at all, but there's not much they can do about that. The design is inherently flawed in that there is no CV-CV interaction, and very little interaction between other classes and CVs. The gameplay is almost entirely one-sided, which does not for a good design make. And any changes they do make to e.g. anti-aircraft weapon functionality will pretty much constitute a complete rework.

It reached the goal of being more accessable and CV are fairly popular now, 2 things they fixed! ☆

Well, of course they're popular. They're an almost risk-free damage farming class with no real counter play. Of course a lot of people are going to be drawn to that. But that just makes the problem bigger, it doesn't solve anything.

The salebof prem CVs supports that too, even players who dislike the rework heavily at the start are buying them! ♡

The sale of premium CVs just demonstrates that WG have given up making the system work well, and just want to cash in.

Looks like a success for WG so far! ☆

Well, in so far as "success" is measured in quarterly results with nobody really giving a :etc_swear: about long term, sure.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[-I-N-]
Beta Tester
3,334 posts
5,991 battles
34 minutes ago, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

What? ☆

When? ♡

How? ☆

Well it may also just be a bug...that happens to every Midway player. In every match.. The DB speed when diving is limited to 130kn from 189kn and the lowest speed is now 90kn and not around 110kn. Making an "enlightened" drop impossible. This also means they stay longer inside the AA which they can not dodge.

In my opinion the worst solution to a very specific problem... And they failed to mention it in any Patchnotes. Mr Conway (I belive) also said they did not change anything on the Midway, but never answered when provided with the proof that they did.

Players
845 posts
5,587 battles
Vor 4 Minuten, _Ezio_ sagte:

Well it may also just be a bug...that happens to every Midway player. In every match.. The DB speed when diving is limited to 130kn from 189kn and the lowest speed is now 90kn and not around 110kn. Making an "enlightened" drop impossible. This also means they stay longer inside the AA which they can not dodge.

In my opinion the worst solution to a very specific problem... And they failed to mention it in any Patchnotes. Mr Conway (I belive) also said they did not change anything on the Midway, but never answered when provided with the proof that they did.

Nah it makes barely any difference! ☆

You can still blapp DDs easily and DBs dont really take much more AA. ♡

[-I-N-]
Beta Tester
3,334 posts
5,991 battles
1 minute ago, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

did not say it was hard to blab DD now. And the AA is noticable when up against Yamato and other BB with great shortrange dps on their AA. a fully skilled Yamato will do 1200dmg each second to your planes. And now that you have to stay within the AA for a solid 4 seconds more it adds up quite a bit.

As i said it is the worst possible solution to the problem, because it does only help in very special circumstances and stll leaves the massive DMG blaps... just with a bit more RNG and a bit less player skill involved.

Beta Tester
852 posts

Just stop playing the game for a few months and wait and see if they change it. Right now playing 1 of the 4 classes is not very fun. Between all the Planes, radar and hydro just get a long range fire spam DD or wait take a summer break.

Beta Tester
852 posts
7 minutes ago, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

The patch only made the experience worse imo. Instead of having 1 game ruined because dual CV's, there are just a total number of more games with CVs since they are more evenly spread out it simply just ruin more games.

Try quing up with AA Montana or AA mino, 9 out of 10 games will be without CVs, try and que as DD and there will atleast 7 out of 10 times be a CV in the game comming for their buffet.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[BHSFL]
Players
1,399 posts
5,517 battles
7 minutes ago, Hannibalurg said:

Just stop playing the game for a few months and wait and see if they change it. Right now playing 1 of the 4 classes is not very fun. Between all the Planes, radar and hydro just get a long range fire spam DD or wait take a summer break.

Well DD have become very scarce from TVIII up, and they have not even suffered the Premium CV's yet.

My guess is that will change only when WG releases French DD + events. Or releases up gunned AA Cruisers or even AA Destroyers as premiums to cash in even more. Or comes up with some other AA mechanic. Maybe even CV air supremacy fighters ?

Players
845 posts
5,587 battles
Vor 5 Minuten, Hannibalurg sagte:

The patch only made the experience worse imo. Instead of having 1 game ruined because dual CV's, there are just a total number of more games with CVs since they are more evenly spread out it simply just ruin more games.

Try quing up with AA Montana or AA mino, 9 out of 10 games will be without CVs, try and que as DD and there will atleast 7 out of 10 times be a CV in the game comming for their buffet.

Some like it some dislike it. ☆

That's how it's going to be. ♡

That's how it is actually and you either continue playing or stop, there is no other way around it! ☆♡☆

Or do you truly truly truly believe they will change it again if enough CV whining topics appear? ♡

Cvs will be buffed, they will be nerfed. ♡

Whatever happens, deal with it! ☆

Edited by L0V3_and_PE4CE
typos ☆♡☆
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 3

[KAKE]
Players
1,321 posts
3,570 battles
2 hours ago, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

Or do you truly truly truly believe they will change it again if enough CV whining topics appear? ♡

They did once.

And let's not get started on how many times WoT artillery have been changed simply because enough people really dislike them.

• Cool 2