Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Baylor98

Melee

6 comments in this topic

[CAPT]
Players
40 posts
10,421 battles

If thrills and fun are what we are looking for in this game we could have a form of game, lets call it 'Melee' where every ship has a random starting position, anywhere on the map being equally likely. Imagine the tension as you go from the start screen to game, watching the clock go down, you frantically looking around to see how many enemies & friends you have nearby. Games would be fast and furious but a lot of fun I imagine! Surely someone has suggested this already.

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
3,084 posts
21,486 battles

We did briefly have a game mode before (looong, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...), where each team was divided into 2 groups and each group of the same team started in the opposite corners of the map from each other and then the enemy team was placed similarly in the other 2 opposing corners. It usually had 4 caps placed in-between each group. Each starting zone are was somewhat (not entirely but there were always some placed there) separated from each other by islands. So once you moved anywhere you would inevitably collide with the enemy unexpectedly at close range. It did produce some very hectic and chaotic games, as you can imagine but was removed pretty quickly. Not sure why, as I was a total potato then (as opposed to being a complete tater now) and could not really differentiate between good or bad gameplay yet. Had fun tho.:cap_old:

[SHAFT]
Players
9,807 posts
8,982 battles

DD spawning next to a Cruiser - nuff said. If range is big enough so DD is not spotted -> Cruiser being spotted by DD and close to a BB.

I dont see that working. Also, main armament needs to be loaded when game starts. This makes it extremely bad for DDs with slow torp reload. If you give them torps right away, then you have to give it to BB mainguns aswell to balance it. Then you are creating a lot of new other problems (instablapping and stuff). But if you let DD torptubes reload at the start, then they can just get disabled and they have to start reloading from scratch again.

Also currently, you dont see enemy ships before the game starts. you can observe this in KotS when the spectator ships spawn next to each other, they are only visible after the game has started.

Sounds more fun than it actually will be imo.

• Cool 1

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
10 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

DD spawning next to a Cruiser - nuff said. If range is big enough so DD is not spotted -> Cruiser being spotted by DD and close to a BB.

I dont see that working. Also, main armament needs to be loaded when game starts. This makes it extremely bad for DDs with slow torp reload. If you give them torps right away, then you have to give it to BB mainguns aswell to balance it. Then you are creating a lot of new other problems (instablapping and stuff). But if you let DD torptubes reload at the start, then they can just get disabled and they have to start reloading from scratch again.

Also currently, you dont see enemy ships before the game starts. you can observe this in KotS when the spectator ships spawn next to each other, they are only visible after the game has started.

Sounds more fun than it actually will be imo.

ye this pretty much... might work as something like the next April Fools mode though, where you can introduce some more "creative" modifications to the mode (like restricting it to same-class only per match, that would alleviate at least some of those concerns - and by virtue of having control over which Space Ships are available, you can also get rid of some particularly problematic ones if needed).

[-AP-]
Players
2,553 posts
6,288 battles

I dont want my games decided by rng before i have even loaded in to them. Nuff said.

Beta Tester
725 posts
12,130 battles

Change it in such a way that DD can damage only DD, and so on. Until she is only one of its class, then she can damage others. Spotting stays as it is.

This would force to duells among other ships, that would be basically mobile islands in your way?

The more I think about it, the more it would not work. There are better things to spend time than strange game modes designs.

Sign in to follow this