Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Hawg

Space Battles

10 comments in this topic

[HOO]
[HOO]
Players
481 posts
8,919 battles

Is there any way to see game stats for space battles?   I have lost every single battle where I've been on the attacking team.  I know that attackers can win because I did lose 2 as a defender.  But in general it seems that the game is determined by the 50/50 coin toss of whether you are on the attacking team or not.   

Is that a common experience?

It feels like the attacking team needs a buff... maybe less distance from the spawn point to the generators?   Something.

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,094 posts
Vor 4 Minuten, Hawg sagte:

by the 50/50 coin toss

50/50? I played 17 games until now, 12 times attacker, 5 times defender...

[HOO]
[HOO]
Players
481 posts
8,919 battles

yeah I have had that issue too... and attackers always seem to lose

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
14 minutes ago, Hawg said:

I have lost every single battle where I've been on the attacking team.  I know that attackers can win because I did lose 2 as a defender.

Have you tried the age-old Git Gud methodology? nah just kidding ofc

5 minutes ago, Hawg said:

and attackers always seem to lose

not in my experience, but I havent played all that much... and it's hard as all hell to make this kind of asymmetrical PvP gamemode anywhere near fully balanced; felt to me like the WoWS have done a half-decent job of it here...

[HOO]
[HOO]
Players
481 posts
8,919 battles
3 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

Have you tried the age-old Git Gud methodology? nah just kidding ofc

Normally I would agree with you here, my first 10 battles were as attacker and I lost them all.  I was the only common element in those battles, so statistically the fault must be with me.  But I was routinely ranked on the top 1-3 of my team with 200-300K damage, but that was not enough.   

I think the balance is just off.  And I certainly need to git guder.  :)

• Cool 1

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Beta Tester
417 posts
8,439 battles

The aversion to taking damage is what kills the attacking team imho... that and not focusing the defenders. Once you get your health regen and reload buff as the defender... a single BB isn't going to kill a cruiser much less a BB.

• Cool 2

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles

It seems to me that in an average length battle you have one chance within the time to re-spawn a BB (maybe two times for a CC, three for a DD?) so initial aggression appears to be the answer. Degrade the enemy as fast as possible in the early stages, get killed and re-spawn ready for the final stages. If you leave it too late to re-spawn and get back into the battle in a BB by initial play that's too damage averse you've lost the longer term advantage. Hopefully the flanks will have opened up by then so pick off weaklings and use HP to get into positions where you can shoot the towers. Theory and practice are not guaranteed, use at your own discretion.

Beta Tester
725 posts
12,207 battles

Winning as an attacker is much easier, just never stop.

Each kill on defenders will hurt.

Yes defenders get regen, so last ship standing is almost unkillable, but he can do nothing to prevent you from killing objectives.

Ramming is your friend. For some reason winning in Paris is hard for me, where All Destroyer works much better.

When as defender I see CA staying behind islands and raining HE shells, that is a sign it will be win.

Never go middle, just both flanks, focus fire.

[SM0KE]
Players
5,629 posts
13,914 battles

I think the key issue with the attacking side is that it generally rewards a more aggressive style than regular randoms, and given the bulk of players' enthusiasm for camping, it takes a while for people to adjust.

I also have a strong suspicion that no bugger reads the blurb for the mode, so a lot don't realise right away that dying is less of a disaster (positioning/delay apart) for an attacking player than it usually would be - due to respawns, of course.

Edit: similar to the latter, people also don't seem to know that the defenders get a continuous heal, so finishing damaged enemies off doesn't happen as often as it should.

Sign in to follow this